Confusing ? Or Not !!!! .... God Foreknew .

Dusty

Inactive
Confusing ? Or Not !!!! .... God Foreknew .

Romans 8:29 ........For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Does that mean that God knew the people would become believers or does He mean it was part of God's plan from the beginning . ?

I have heard some say that only some are chosen and that is the confusing part .

But look at Ephesians 1:4 -6 ..... For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves

To me this is saying that God knew who would be Christ followers because He foreknew . Ah , but He chose us meaning everyone to be part of God's family . It was part of His plan from the beginning . He didn't just choose certain ones but we have the choice to follow , trust and believe or not .

Makes me think of the Rich Young Ruler in light of Matt. 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

God works out all things, not just isolated incidents for our good. This doesn’t mean that all that happens to us is good because evil is every where. But God is able to turn it around for our long range good. God isn’t working to make us happy, but to fulfill his purpose. His promise isn’t for everyone. It can only be claimed by those who love God and are fitting to Gods plans. Those who are “called” are those the Holy Spirit convinces and enables to receive Christ. Such people have a new perspective, a new mindset on life. They trust in God, not life’s treasures; they look to their security in heaven, not on earth. God’s ultimate goal for us is to make us like Christ.

1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

As we become more and more like him, we discover our true selves, the persons we were created to be. The only way to conform to his image is by reading and studying his word, and being filled with his spirit, and by doing his work as we’re supposed to.

James 1:22
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

As we become more and more like him, we discover our true selves, the persons we were created to be. The only way to conform to his image is by reading and studying his word, and being filled with his spirit, and by doing his work as we’re supposed to.

Amen to your whole post but this stood out and as I was trying to tell others , we cannot expect to grow in the Lord if we do not study , and read the Word of God , pray and ask the Holy Spirit to give us a fresh infilling daily . We need to be doers of the Word not just hearers .

Back