Confusing

Confusing

Hi guys! This is my first day here in the forums.

I'm a Christian and I truly believe in God and Jesus etc.

Recently, i've been surfing the web and i happen to came across something. i found the following verses...

". . . God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man."
(James:1:13)
"And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham."
(Genesis 22:1)

". . . for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever."
(Jeremiah 3:12)
"Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn forever. Thus saith the Lord."
(Jeremiah 17:4)

"If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true."
(John 5:31, J.C. speaking)
"I am one that bear witness of myself . . ."
(John 8:18, J.C. speaking)

and last but not least:

"I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."
(Genesis 32:30)
"No man hath seen God at any time."
(John 1:18)
"And I [God] will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts . . ."
(Exodus 33:23)

it seems contradicting verses. im not a bible expert and i still have strong faith. i just want to know what you guys think about this.

forgive me if i posted in the wrong section of the forum.

God bless...

One example~
When Jacob said he saw God "face to face"...
In Hebrew that actually means
"personally," "directly," or "intimately."
God will never contradict Himself and you have to keep all scripture within context.

Blessings~

1. The word translated "tempt" also means "to test". God wasn't tempting Abraham to evil; he was putting him through a test.

2. Mercy is always contradictory to justice and judgment. God has a right to be angry forever (justice), but chooses not to be angry forever (mercy). This is basically the whole story of the Bible, and the history of mankind.

3. Jesus was saying that if He was the only one bearing witness to Himself, that could be perceived as being untrue. The second quote was not finished; He was saying that there were others (the Father, his miracles, the Scriptures) that also bore witness to Him.

4. The reference to Jacob seeing God face to face comes back to mercy. Jacob saw God in some form, and was permitted to live. Same thing with Moses, who saw His back. Isaiah saw Him, too (Isaiah 6).
In the scripture in John that says no man has seen God at any time, the word seen means more than just seeing with the eyes. Again, that verse was not finished. Remember, everyone who has seen Jesus in the flesh, has seen God.

There is a difference between a contradiction and a paradox. The Bible is full of seeming contradictions, which are really paradoxes (true statements which seem puzzling on the surface). The people who are just taking a casual look into the Word of God, or the people who are looking for an excuse not to believe (which I suspect is the case with this website you found) will stop at the surface, and ignore or ridicule the Bible. But an honest heart will look into to these matters, and find wonderful truths. Remember, "If you lose your life, you will find it." Contradiction? No, a wonderful paradox of truth.

Stay away from people (and websites) that are trying to lead you astray. Unless you feel strong enough to lead them to Christ ;)

I saw this in a book called The Book of Lists, and I don't know who the author is (I threw the book away).

This author told everything the "government doesn't want you to know about". It was all in list-format.

What you quoted was a part of a chapter that he had in the book on the bible, and it made me mad!~:mad:

How dare this man question the bible? I thought. He'd rather than I reject the bible that I grew up with...and follow HIS book? I'm sorry, but the bible has been around for ages. This man is, after all, a man. Just that. There's no way I'm going to follow his book; when I could be following His book.

There's a lot of contradictions in the bible, he said, that prove that it was written by someone other than God. This troubled me to the point where I wanted to send an angry letter to this author. I spoke to my pastor about it.

The bible, he told me, also has startling connections. One chapter refers to a single name in another book. The geneology of Christ can without a doubt be traced within the bible, the names are cross-referenced within the pages.

I can speak English and some Spanish. Sometimes, when I'm speaking to my Spanish friends, they bust out laughing at something that I said, when I was serious while saying it. They tell me that my words were out of order, I chose to use a wrong word and wound up piecing together an expression that has a different meaning in the end.

The bible is solid. Rock-solid, and it can't be broken. This list creates confusion, but there are even more questions if you dig down deep enough.

The big surprise is that when you're done digging, there are all the answers right there!:)

Peace.

Amen ,Whirwind That is good sound , solid advice. We have to have discernment as in these last days there are all kinds of distractions and of course they are satan trying to take us away from the Word.

I too had to laugh at your Spanish speaking cause I learned french Living with a Parisian family. When I was working in the french part of Switzerland my Co- workers used to laugh at me too as I translated literally from english to french. It wasn't until I had full command...... thinking in french ....that I overcame that. But my written french , they still laughed at cause I sounded out the word but it was not the same on paper. When I sent messages to the kitchen, they had to phone up to ask what I wanted..... LOL.

The bible is solid. Rock-solid, and it can't be broken. This list creates confusion, but there are even more questions if you dig down deep enough.

The big surprise is that when you're done digging, there are all the answers right there!:)

Amen to that!!! The Word of God lives forever!!!

Back