Contradictions In The Bible???

There is a useful book called " Alleged discrepancies of the Bible "
pub'd by. Whittaker House..
Google it.......I will do later and put it on my website.

That reflects a lack of study (or lack of belief). The so called 'contradictions' disappear when one does enough study.

As Mr. Darby said. In addition, proverbs though inspired are not considered to be exclusively Hebrew in origen. What this means is that context and idiom can play havoc with unskilled study.

Sounds like it was just some offhanded comment. Unless she provides more details, or shows signs of weak theology in later sermons, I'd file it in the back of my mind because there really isn't a lot to be done with that. Contradictions don't mean they are unresolvable, only that when read, they appear to disagree. They can always be resolved eventually, either definitively by digging deeper and deeper to find the context, or at least passably by finding one of possibly dozens of solutions. In the end, I stick by the Bible.

Sounds like it was just some offhanded comment. Unless she provides more details, or shows signs of weak theology in later sermons, I'd file it in the back of my mind because there really isn't a lot to be done with that. Contradictions don't mean they are unresolvable, only that when read, they appear to disagree. They can always be resolved eventually, either definitively by digging deeper and deeper to find the context, or at least passably by finding one of possibly dozens of solutions. In the end, I stick by the Bible.

Amen!

Back