Conviction

Juk,
what happened when you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Did you get a new Spirit placed in you like everyone else did? Do you realize that the Spirit that was placed in us was the Holy Spirit? And the verse that says that He will never leave you nor forsake you? Doesn't that apply to you?
Well, yeah, but check out these verses:

In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
Colossians 1:22-23

You can see what these verses imply.
Also, what happens when that new Spirit comes in? What would change in you besides that you turn away from sin, and that the Holy Spirit starts to dwell inside of you?

In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Also, what happens when that new Spirit comes in? What would change in you besides that you turn away from sin, and that the Holy Spirit starts to dwell inside of you?

Juk Brother no disrespect but what in the name of an apple are you talking about ?
What would change in you ? EVERYTHING if you let it. What is your point that you wish to make ? : )
Jim

Juk Brother no disrespect but what in the name of an apple are you talking about ?
What would change in you ? EVERYTHING if you let it. What is your point that you wish to make ? : )
Jim
I'm trying to say that if you break away from the faith, your salvation is lost, according to those verses.

Actually, no i do not see what you think that the verses are implying. So i am going to write what they say in the nlt.

22)Yet now He has reconciled you to Himself through thr death of Christ in His physical body. As a result, He has brought you into His own presence, and you are Holy and blameless as you stand beore Him without a single fault. 23) But you must continue to believe this truth, and stand firmly in it. Don't drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God's servant to proclaim it.

So with this verse written out....have you drifted away from the assurance that you have received when you made Christ your Lord and Savior? If you have...you would not be still studying and searching the scriptures for Biblical truth. You would be out playing smite, and ignoring God completely.

Here is what God has shown me about your comment. You mind has already made a decision, to the fact that you are somehow not as good or saved as others. And that you have lost the Holy Spirit. So what you did was take a verse that you found and (because you have a negative filter in your mind) assume it says that your disqualified.

Its time to get settled in the fact that God is always there with you. And that as you are learning more about who He really is He is there leading and guiding you into all truth. But you have to leave this "i am just a worm" type of mindset in the grave where the old you (spirit) died when you accepted Jesus as Savor.

When we get a new spirit...like you said we get the desire to turn from sin and the Holy Spirit comes to live with us. The rest which is your mind, will, and emotions have to be developed, and renewed to the truth of how much God loves you. And what the truth of God's Word says. You have to make the decision that the Bible is not there just to make things so difficult that we cannot ever be successful in our walk with Christ. God desires that we pass every test that the enemy throws at us.

Actually, no i do not see what you think that the verses are implying. So i am going to write what they say in the nlt.

22)Yet now He has reconciled you to Himself through thr death of Christ in His physical body. As a result, He has brought you into His own presence, and you are Holy and blameless as you stand beore Him without a single fault. 23) But you must continue to believe this truth, and stand firmly in it. Don't drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God's servant to proclaim it.

So with this verse written out....have you drifted away from the assurance that you have received when you made Christ your Lord and Savior? If you have...you would not be still studying and searching the scriptures for Biblical truth. You would be out playing smite, and ignoring God completely.

Here is what God has shown me about your comment. You mind has already made a decision, to the fact that you are somehow not as good or saved as others. And that you have lost the Holy Spirit. So what you did was take a verse that you found and (because you have a negative filter in your mind) assume it says that your disqualified.

Its time to get settled in the fact that God is always there with you. And that as you are learning more about who He really is He is there leading and guiding you into all truth. But you have to leave this "i am just a worm" type of mindset in the grave where the old you (spirit) died when you accepted Jesus as Savor.

When we get a new spirit...like you said we get the desire to turn from sin and the Holy Spirit comes to live with us. The rest which is your mind, will, and emotions have to be developed, and renewed to the truth of how much God loves you. And what the truth of God's Word says. You have to make the decision that the Bible is not there just to make things so difficult that we cannot ever be successful in our walk with Christ. God desires that we pass every test that the enemy throws at us.
Amen and what she said !

I'm trying to say that if you break away from the faith, your salvation is lost, according to those verses.
I believe that these verses are not referring to salvation but to sanctification. Pay special attention to the language used in verse 22, Notice how it says, "holy, blameless and above reproach"? Notice also verses 28 and 29, how they tie into verses 22 and 23. In verse 28 Paul is teaching every man in all wisdom towards the goal of presenting every man perfect/complete in Christ Jesus. And in verse 29, that he is laboring towards this goal.

Reactions: Juk
I believe that these verses are not referring to salvation but to sanctification. Pay special attention to the language used in verse 22, Notice how it says, "holy, blameless and above reproach"? Notice also verses 28 and 29, how they tie into verses 22 and 23. In verse 28 Paul is teaching every man in all wisdom towards the goal of presenting every man perfect/complete in Christ Jesus. And in verse 29, that he is laboring towards this goal.
Hmmm never thought of it like that.

I don't think that I am not saved. Every once in a while, I would thank God that I am saved and that I am going to heaven once I die. I know that I am saved. I'm just saying that these verses mean, in my understanding, that salvation can be lost.

I don't think that I am not saved. Every once in a while, I would thank God that I am saved and that I am going to heaven once I die. I know that I am saved. I'm just saying that these verses mean, in my understanding, that salvation can be lost.

Some of us here in the forum believe that salvation can be lost and some of us here believe it cannot be lost. This is a dividing point among many Christians.

Some of us here in the forum believe that salvation can be lost and some of us here believe it cannot be lost. This is a dividing point among many Christians.
I haven't came across anyone on this site who believes that salvation can be lost, but this is a prohibited topic, I just remembered.

I haven't came across anyone on this site who believes that salvation can be lost, but this is a prohibited topic, I just remembered.

A few of us do believe that -- I'm one of them. But yes, I'd say, just for the sake of ecumenism, we leave that subject alone for now.

Isn't conviction when the Holy Spirit tells us that we just messed up? I heard that this is supposed the happen every single time we sin, and if it doesn't happen, the Holy Spirit most likely left us. Any thoughts?

In the English language, condemnation, judgment, awareness or revelation are all terminological distinctions using the same word "conviction."

Analogy
A man traversed up a mountain.

The word "traversed" can mean, walk, climb, scale, run, or crawl.
Thus many discussions can be made about climbing or walking.

In the same way that "traversed" is leveraged here analogously in the english language, so is the word "conviction" used to explore meaning in scripture. One person may use the word "conviction" to communicate “awareness or revelation” yet another person may us the word "conviction" to communicate “condemnation or judgment.”

Thus relevance, context, and a sound hermeneutic is required to know what is scripturally inferred.

I think that you might have missed what i said. I never said that you thought you were not saved. I know that you know that you are. :)
Blessings

Juk off the record - what verses to you say salvation can be lost. PM if you will for this would be better. I just wrote it here so you would know what i was talking about. ;)
Blessings
Jim

Every time I turn around I am running into Christians who arte fighting against any use of the word covinction as a Godly term. I mean it is getting a lots of attention and it is being pushed as the Holy spirit never convicts us and those who say so are teaching false. They believe convincing is the propper term and others.

I have shown them the difference between condemnation and convicted and conviction. Even brought in websters as well. No good. They claim only the wicked and lost experience conviction. I yi yi ;)
Any input on this ?
Blessings
jim

I agree with you completely! Another term we do not see a lot of is "Separation".

Gee wiz there Juk thank you so much for your answer. rofl
Colossians 21-23
And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled 22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: 23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Back