Dusty

Inactive
Count Your Blessings

28 You are my God, and I will give you thanks;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.

29 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.

Psalm 118: 28 -29

How often do we sit and count our blessings ? The song says count them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done. I can't even imagine or even count the many blessings but it is still good to sit and reflect .

In the quietness and solitude of our meeting place with God , let's focus upon His goodness and His mercy and the many blessings over the years .

I was just reading a story of a misssionary who went to minister at a leper colony . After he was finished preaching he asked if any one had a favourite song . Way in the back there was a pt sitting with her back almost to the pastor and as she turned around and raised her hand , he noted , she had no nose , no mouth and all you could see was a skeleton with teeth and as she raised her short stubby arm , she also had no hand . when he asked her what song was her favourite she said " could we sing , count your many blessings ? " Well the pastor had to leave and go outside he was sobbing so hard and some one else had to take over the song service. When a friend asked the Pastor afterwards " I'll bet you will never be able to sing that song again " he replied ' Yeah , I'll sing it , but never the same way ever again .

Grateful people are characterized by grateful words , while ungrateful people are given to griping , complaining , murmuring and whining.

Some will grumble at why God put thorns in the roses , while others will wonder at the glory of the roses God has put among the thorns .

When we are listening to others s as they talk about their everyday events , we can see the difference between gratitude and ingratitude .

Lets examine ourselves ( me included) and ask ; what " roses " am I looking at and grumling about the thorns .

God has blessed me and you so richly and we have the freedom to worship Him . What else do I need ?

I am thankful to God for the beautiful rose he planted that we call Dusty. We love you, you are a light shining in the darkness.

I am thankful to God for the beautiful rose he planted that we call Dusty. We love you, you are a light shining in the darkness.

Thanks

embarrassed.png

I think a sure cure for complaining is to look around , even in our own environment and see the hurting , the lost , the beggar on the street and say " Lord how can I help . Show me how to love these people right where they are at , without being judgemental but being able to share God's love in special ways to reach these peoples. "

When was the last time I praised and thanked God while in the midst of troubling times ? I love you God , Jesus and Holy Spirit.

I was just thinking about how we should be more thankful. When people are having problems all they can see is that mountain in front of them. But if they can look around at all the Lord has done for them and brought them through, and begin to thank Him, he will also bring them through this time and next

I was just thinking about how we should be more thankful. When people are having problems all they can see is that mountain in front of them. But if they can look around at all the Lord has done for them and brought them through, and begin to thank Him, he will also bring them through this time and next

Sister , that was my next thought .... Praise God ... That is so true . And also sometimes they make that mole hill into a mountain forgetting that God is bigger than all our problems and why do we worry about them . He has them all worked out even before we ask . We need to just trust Him .

I know I have been there and I think all of us have .

Grateful people are characterized by grateful words , while ungrateful people are given to griping , complaining , murmuring and whining.

Some will grumble at why God put thorns in the roses

Some people live on Grumble Alley alright :)

Yes indeed we should count our blessings...when we wake up in the morning we can look and watch the sunrise and thank The Lord for eyes that can see and we can all go on thanking Him throughout the day for the many ways in which He chooses to bless us, but sadly we dont all do this often enough because if we did we would'nt whinge and bellyache so much.
The Lord blesses us everyday with material blessings but thats not all.... because He has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in Christ as well Ephes 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
What a privileged people we are, thank you Lord for Your great love to us because we don't deserve it.

Yes indeed we should count our blessings...when we wake up in the morning we can look and watch the sunrise and thank The Lord for eyes that can see and we can all go on thanking Him throughout the day for the many ways in which He chooses to bless us, but sadly we dont all do this often enough because if we did we would'nt whinge and bellyache so much.
The Lord blesses us everyday with material blessings but thats not all.... because He has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in Christ as well Ephes 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
What a privileged people we are, thank you Lord for Your great love to us because we don't deserve it.

Yes indeed .... just to wake up like you said ,and look out our window and see the dawning of a new day and also ask our Lord what He has in store for us today . I think we all tend to sometimes take things for granted cause they are always there . But why are they there? Because our Creator put them there and how much more should we praise Him in and for all things .

I am just a guilty as the next person as every one leads busy lives but now that I am retired , and into a new phase in my life , I do stop and smell the roses . God has given me a new perspective and I am more thankful than ever.

Psalm 103

Of David.

1 Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.

2 Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits-
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion, 5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Back