Covid-19 Vaccine.. are we to stay away from it or does God say it's safe to get the vaccine?

News has come out about vaccine which is now available in UK, not sure yet about other areas of the world.
There have been some allergic reactions to it, not the vaccine itself but the carriers used to grow the vaccine - eg apparently chicken eggs are used as it's petri dish (don't quote me, but it's like anything - it needs to grow in some medium). Maybe if they used seaweed agar which is traditionally used they would not have this problem.

Most allergic reactions are short lived though and not likely to harm most people, but I would use caution and do some research, ask questions before having the vaccine if you are worried about things like this.

In any case it is good news to keep the virus in check as it has caused so much damage and deaths already :-(

I was just curious what God says we should be doing in these crazy times as far as the flu vaccine goes and the vaccine for Covid-19. If it becomes something mandatory should we take that as a sign that this is something we need to stay away from. Or does God encourage us to get the vaccine to stay safe and healthy? I have always gotten the flu shot and never got sick for the past 7 years now because before the flu shots I would always end up with the flu and it would last like two long weeks of hell. But this year I'm kind of skeptical with this Covid disaster that I'm not sure if I want any of the vaccines because I don't trust the government or our health officials and I just don't know what to do but I do know I don't want to make any mistakes that could harm me later or my health! Thank you!
1 Timothy 5:8
Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

I would say that good preventive health falls into that Scripture.

According to some reports, stem cells from previous abortion fetuses were used in the development of these vaccines.

Apparently the production of the actual vaccines for distribution do not contain material from these cells, but that the development necessitated their use.

Does this make the vaccines morally questionable?

Not sure I wouldn't go by hearsay, I would also check out which providers are (there might be different ones using different developments) but, as with anything, there will aways be some sacrifices that need to be made in modern medicine.

I'm thinking of organ donors, who do give up their body parts so someone else can have them. There is also a fair bit of organ/blood harvesting going on, not always with consent.

When you drink cows milk, those cows babies have been aborted so you can drink their milk. Is it morally questionable to drink cows milk then? I'd say if you are a grown up, you don't really need to be drinking milk. Or eating cheese. But people don't think too deep about that either.

I think just be thankful there is a vaccine, or if you've caught it and already have immunity, you don't need to get it, but I don't know if there is a test for immunity! Nobody really knows if they get covid or not what their chances are, until they have it I suppose.

According to some reports, stem cells from previous abortion fetuses were used in the development of these vaccines.

Apparently the production of the actual vaccines for distribution do not contain material from these cells, but that the development necessitated their use.

Does this make the vaccines morally questionable?
For the "Rest of the story"......from,
https://www.oregonlive.com/politics...19-vaccines-that-rumor-is-patently-false.html

No cells from aborted fetus are in COVID-19 vaccines; that rumor is patently false​

Updated Nov 22, 2020; Posted Nov 22, 2020

"The Associated Press checked out false and misleading claims and videos circulating after the presidential election and news about COVID-19 vaccines. This one is bogus, even though it was shared widely on social media."

Not sure I wouldn't go by hearsay, I would also check out which providers are (there might be different ones using different developments) but, as with anything, there will aways be some sacrifices that need to be made in modern medicine.

I'm thinking of organ donors, who do give up their body parts so someone else can have them. There is also a fair bit of organ/blood harvesting going on, not always with consent.

When you drink cows milk, those cows babies have been aborted so you can drink their milk. Is it morally questionable to drink cows milk then? I'd say if you are a grown up, you don't really need to be drinking milk. Or eating cheese. But people don't think too deep about that either.

I think just be thankful there is a vaccine, or if you've caught it and already have immunity, you don't need to get it, but I don't know if there is a test for immunity! Nobody really knows if they get covid or not what their chances are, until they have it I suppose.
On dairy farms, cows are forcibly impregnated in order to get them to produce milk. Their young are taken away from them— days after birth—so that humans can drink their milk instead. Some mother cows have been heard calling for their calves for days after these traumatic separations occur.

https://www.peta.org/blog/mother-helplessly-chases-stolen-calves-heartbreaking-video/#:~:text=On dairy farms, cows are forcibly impregnated in,calves for days after these traumatic separations occur.

If we follow your thoughts then we all would have to be vegitarians.

Chicken lay eggs so no more eggs.
No more turkey for Thanksgiving.
No more Marshmallows. gelatin is a thickening and gelling agent made from the skin, bones, and hooves of animals.
No more Pop Tarrts. Its that frosting on the top that which is actually gelatin again.
Frosted Mini wheats......yep....that gelatin thing again.
No more YOGURT!!!......Yeo, that comes from gelatin for the creamy texture.
No more French Frys. Fast food places still use beef fat and some duck fat.
No more vegetable soup. WHY?? Because it is made with chicken fat.

That is just a few more things to do some deep thinking about!!!

Last edited:
For the "Rest of the story"......from,
https://www.oregonlive.com/politics...19-vaccines-that-rumor-is-patently-false.html

No cells from aborted fetus are in COVID-19 vaccines; that rumor is patently false​

Updated Nov 22, 2020; Posted Nov 22, 2020

"The Associated Press checked out false and misleading claims and videos circulating after the presidential election and news about COVID-19 vaccines. This one is bogus, even though it was shared widely on social media."
As I indicated in my post... "actual vaccines for distribution do not contain material from these cells".

But I have noted a lot of careful wording by both the developers and the agencies that want us to take the vaccines.

Apparently, the cells are not used in the same way as in stem cell therapies where the undifferentiated cells are used to create various types of cells in the patient. But they can still be used in other less direct manners, like developing cells that exhibit desired proteins, which are then harvested and used in making the vaccines. Other indirect uses are possible and the vaccines would still not contain those cells.

The thing is that if those cells that did come from abortions were not available, no vaccine.

The question to ask is were stem cells used in any manner as precursors to the vaccine.

I note that the Catholic Church in Ireland discussed this issue and decided that use of the vaccine was acceptable if no alternative is available.

They can use any sterile tissue for growing a vaccine. Not sure why people might use human/fetal tissue, but maybe there's lots of it.
I don't agree with it myself.

Why not use seaweed/agar there's no issues or conflicts there and it's sustainable.

There was talk about using quinine, or bark of the cinchona tree, and wormwood as preventatives, (not vaccines) but that seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Anyway the rumours seems to be false as it was definitely chicken egg tissue that was used for the UK vaccines, not human fetal tissue.

I've had the flu vaccine and don't have any qualms about how that was developed, I suppose anti-vaccers just don't want anyone else to have immunity? Seems a bit silly. I think prevention is better than cure. And immunity is your first line of defence even before prevention!

Back