Crying!

Too me, it's an individual thing. I couldn't really answer for another person, because I don't know what they are feeling at that moment or going through either. I think there are many reasons why people cry.

That's me... Whenever I can hear some preachings in the television that touches my heart. I cried...

Hi There!
What does it mean when somebody crys when they encounter, or are in the presence of, God?

Ajaynec;
God Bless you. hey i also cry abundantly when I pray. To me it is the Holy Spirit upon you and you KNOW it personally. You are humbled by the Spirit and bow down in the Lords presence in humility and surrender. Your heat is humbled and softened and your true spirit that God gave you comes to the surface to meet HIM in all GLORY in HIS name. To cry like that is a GIFT OF TEARS that only GOD can give you. It is not sadness but PURE JOY.........Happy TEARS:smiley70::smiley90:. be not ashamed to show then off. I do in church and make it a point to let them see it...........when they see me they get humbled also and start crying. Hallelujah! the Spirit is contagious.

Chili out.
Cry hard and often:smiley10: IT is a good thing. GBU

Crying!

Hi There!
What does it mean when somebody crys when they encounter, or are in the presence of, God?

Tears can have many reasons behind them, you must look inwardly and also to God's wisdom to understand why, sometimes I have cried before God because my heart is repentent and I am truly sorry for my sins, I have also cried before God because my heart and spirit is oppressed, another time supplication and yes as other replys have stated the awesomeness of his very presence alone can bring you to tears, especially when that peace and love that passeth all understanding touches you.

In one thing though be assured and at peace, Tears are a language God understands.

God Bless you

Brother Horace

I thought I shared my thoughts on this post, but guess not :/ :/.
Anyways, every time I encountered the Holy Spirit, I cried. I think because it's so overwhelming that you can't really help but cry. Now, I'm not saying everyone cries when they encounter the Holy Ghost, but I know I have. Especially when I've been slained in the Holy Spirit, I've cried each time.

Even when I spend time with God and when the Holy Spirit is in my bedroom, I start crying.
I think it's a good thing, to be honest.

Tears can have many reasons behind them, you must look inwardly and also to God's wisdom to understand why, sometimes I have cried before God because my heart is repentent and I am truly sorry for my sins, I have also cried before God because my heart and spirit is oppressed, another time supplication and yes as other replys have stated the awesomeness of his very presence alone can bring you to tears, especially when that peace and love that passeth all understanding touches you.

In one thing though be assured and at peace, Tears are a language God understands.

God Bless you

Brother Horace

Amen Horace. His presence sometimes touches our soul

I had a really weird experience with crying once. Others have prayed for similar (God to show His love and to show his Holy Spirit) since and it has not happened but this time, I just burst in to tears. I seemed to feel something incredibly powerful but at the same time incredibly gentle and I felt love rather than fear. It lasted a second or two and was more than I could handle in a nice sort of way. Honestly, I have never felt anything like it before or since.

As life did not sort out afterwards - in fact things got worse, my doubting head comes in but I remain curious about the event. Could I genuinely have been touched by the Holy Spirit? And should I take comfort in that if it was?

I had a really weird experience with crying once. Others have prayed for similar (God to show His love and to show his Holy Spirit) since and it has not happened but this time, I just burst in to tears. I seemed to feel something incredibly powerful but at the same time incredibly gentle and I felt love rather than fear. It lasted a second or two and was more than I could handle in a nice sort of way. Honestly, I have never felt anything like it before or since.

As life did not sort out afterwards - in fact things got worse, my doubting head comes in but I remain curious about the event. Could I genuinely have been touched by the Holy Spirit? And should I take comfort in that if it was?

Yes and yes. I think God gave you a quick peek through the veil, as it were, unfiltered by the lens of your earthly circumstances. This is a taste of The One with Whom you will spend eternity and what that will feel like. It should be a source of comfort and promise to help you persevere in the trials of life, knowing that this awaits you at the end of your mortal journey. And even now, though you may not see or feel it, He is there, preparing your place for you. working all things for your benefit and His Glory.

Back