Dad at the mall

Dad at the mall

I apologize if anyone is offended with this one… but I don’t care who you are… this one is funny. :D

Dad at the mall...
I took my dad to the mall the other day to buy him some new shoes (he's 92). We decided to grab a bite to eat at the food court. I noticed he was watching a teenager sitting next to him. The teenager had spiked hair in all different colors: green, red, orange and blue. My dad kept staring at him. The teenager would look and find him staring every time.
When the teenager had had enough, he sarcastically asked, 'What's the matter old man, never done anything wild in your life?'

Knowing my Dad, I quickly swallowed my food so that I would not choke on his response, knowing he would have a good one, and in classic style he did not bat an eye in his response. 'Got drunk once, had sex with a peacock. I was just wondering if you were my son.'

That sounds like something my kids dad would do.

I gave a sermon one time on "Happiness."

I told the story of a young girl who kept going to the mall every day...
She didn't want to go on family picnics, or go fishing with her dad anymore.
Hanging out with dad in the garage wasn't "cool" anymore.

Each morning she would walk past her dad on her way to the mall.

One day she stopped and asked him if he needed her to pick anything up while she was there.

The dad said; "Would you pick me up a bucket of happiness?"

The girl was perplexed for a moment and said; "Where would I get a bucket of "happiness" from?"

Her dad said; "I figured you would know, you seem to think you can find it at the mall."

Back