Daily Bible Blessing

DBB-19

I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. (2 Samuel 22:4)

Our war is not against flesh and blood, but against the spiritual forces of darkness and praising God is an effective weapon to thwart the attacks of the enemy. God is worthy of praise and we must praise him each day for who he is and what he has done and is doing in our lives. Lets call to him continually, praise him and glorify his holy name and be victorious over our spiritual enemies. Praise will bring deliverance and that's what we will do. Amen.

DBB-20

So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided."(Genesis 22:14)

God is our provider. He is Jehovah Jireh. From the beginning of the present world, God has been and will always be the provider. And concerning his provision, a child of God must never doubt. He knows what you need even before you tell him. Yet to maintain a one on one relationship and a close fellowship, he tells us, "Ask and it will be given to you." Can it be that simple? We have another chance today and every day of our lives to pray and ask in faith and experience myriad blessings day in and day out. So, ask the father with faith today, that which you need and he will provide like only he can.

DBB-21
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. (Psalm 40:1)

Often believer's are impatient regarding things in their lives. They wait upon the Lord for a while, but when they see that things are not moving as they desire, they tend to do things which they later realize was not what they should have done. God's timing is best for us and when we embark upon new ventures, its always best to wait upon the Lord in prayer and seek his guidance. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob still lives and is willing to guide them who wait upon him. As the Psalmist sings, "For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end. (Psalm 48:14)"

DBB-22

When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord. When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him. (Exodus 34:29, 30)

The fact is, the more time we spend in the presence of the Lord, the more of his radiance we receive. Here we read about Moses, who was in the presence of the Lord for 40 days. His face was radiant, though he did not realize it. But when Aaron and the Israelites saw him, they saw the radiance emanating from his face and were afraid that it might harm them. Moses put a veil over his face, so that no harm would come to them. We, as believers in Jesus Christ, can do many things that may qualify as being called "spiritual", but the best of these is spending quality time with the Lord in prayer and being overshadowed by his glorious presence.

Galatians 5:1 (NIV)
1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

DBB-23

Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. (1 Peter 2:10)
What an incredible honor! Believers in Jesus Christ often forget the fact that they are "the people of God". Folks around may not acknowledge this truth, but this is what the Bible calls those who have believed in the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross and are living a life pleasing to God. Not only are they "people of God", but..."a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God". No worldly title or honor can match this wonderful blessing bestowed upon them who have put their trust in God by accepting his son Jesus as Savior. Praise God.

DBB-24

He was a teacher well versed in the Law of Moses, which the Lord, the God of Israel, had given. The king had granted him everything he asked, for the hand of the LORD his God was on him. (Ezra 7:6)

Several times in the book of Ezra, we read that the hand of the Lord was upon him. He had the favor of the Lord. In the verse above, we read that the king granted him everything he asked because the Lord's favor was upon him. Three things that are mentioned in Chapter 7 of Ezra give us a clue as to why God was so favorable to him.....For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the Lord, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel.(Ezra 7:10)....He devoted himself to the study of the laws, observance of the laws and teaching of the laws. Something that God expects from every believer in Jesus Christ. Studying the Word of God, observing it and teaching others the same. Are we fulfilling it is a question we should ask ourselves. If yes, the favor of God rests upon us too, as it was in Ezra's life.

DBB-25

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.(Philippians 4:6)

Anxiety is a common thing, even among believers. The problems of day to day life are so varied that tensions creep in without notice. But Paul the Apostle has some excellent advice regarding conquering such disturbing thoughts. Prayer, petition and thanksgiving is his prescription to overcome anxiety. Come to think of it, we must remember that God is in control of every aspect of our lives as believers in Jesus Christ. "He will never leave us nor forsake us", is what he says, and he never goes back on his word. So let us accept this advice from the Bible and be recipients of the peace that passes all understanding that only Jesus can give.

DBB-26

Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: "The Lord's right hand has done mighty things!" (Psalm 118:15)

Victory is always sweet and shouts of joy accompany it usually. But the fact remains, that it is the Lord who brings us the victory. In a crisis like situation, where Moses and the Israelites were trapped with the Red Sea in front and Pharaoh and the Egyptian army behind, Moses cried out to the Lord for deliverance and the Lord wrought a great deliverance, something unimaginable to the human mind. Our God is a God of miracles and impossible with man is possible with him. So let's hope and trust him to do the impossible for us whenever the situation arises; even today.

DBB-27

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. (1 Peter 5:6)
A simple advice from Apostle Peter, which if taken to heart by the believer and practised could bring great blessings from God. When the prophet Daniel fasted for 3 weeks, the angel of the Lord told him this..."Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. (Daniel 10:12)"God hears our prayers when we humble ourselves in his presence. We must learn from Jesus how to humble ourselves. He says, "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:29)"Shall we then do his bidding?

DBB-28

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe... (Hebrews 12:28)

The world that we live in now is being shaken so very often that one wonders how long it would last, but the writer of Hebrews speaks of an unshakable kingdom which believers in Jesus Christ will receive; an eternal rest for them. And since we are receiving it, he exhorts us to thank and worship God. Yes, we should definitely worship God; the only omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient One. He is worthy of honor, praise, worship and reverence. Let us lift up holy hands then and bless his holy name this day.

DBB-29

He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me. (Psalm 144:2)

The phrase "God is love" is not an exaggeration, for that, in fact, is his nature. King David, a man after God's own heart experienced the rich love of God in several trying situations in his life and many of the psalms that he sang were an account of what the Lord did in his life. Here he elaborates on what all God is to him...fortress, stronghold, deliverer, shield and refuge. Though many of us may not acknowledge poetically what God is to us, like the Psalmist does, we too know that he is the One who makes all the difference in our lives. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. (1 Timothy 1:17)

DBB-30

At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth.(2 Timothy 4:16,17)

The lion here was probably Emperor Nero. Even when Jesus was arrested by the Roman soldiers, his disciples left him and ran away. Sometimes even people nearest us fail to help us when we are in dire straits, but we must remember that God is always there by our side and he will strengthen us in whichever way we need support at that time. Paul, here, also prays that God may not hold anything against those who deserted him when he was in danger. Bitterness in us towards such people can only worsen the problem, so we must let go off such feelings and be free in our spirit and soul. May the Holy Spirit help us in this.

DBB-31

If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. (1 John 1:6)

Do you say you are in fellowship with the Creator? If yes, you must check how much you indulge in the pleasures of this world to know whether that fellowship is intact. Temptations come in different ways to all believers; no one is exempt. But the thing that we must remember is that there is a way out of every temptation that assails us. Jesus said, "I am the way." He is not only the way to heaven and eternal life, but also the way out of every temptation and sin we fall prey to. Crying out to him will surely bring deliverance sooner or later. Let us walk in the light of the Word of God then and live lives pleasing to God at all times.

DBB-32

Why did I ever come out of the womb to see trouble and sorrow and to end my days in shame? (Jeremiah 20:18)

Sometimes circumstances in our lives make us think and speak like Jeremiah the prophet. Called at a young age to the prophetic ministry, all he did was obey the Lord and tirelessly proclaim God's counsel to the Israelites. He was often depressed that people did not care about the judgemental warnings that he gave. They hurt him with their words and also harmed him physically. He cried out to God when dejected, but remained faithful to him. God was with him and comforted him in his distresses. We must remember that "God who has called us into fellowship with him through his son Jesus Christ, is faithful and will never leave us nor forsake us. Blessed be his glorious name.

DBB-33

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:29)

Thomas, one of Jesus' disciples had doubts about what the others said regarding meeting Jesus after his resurrection. He said, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it." (John 20:25)" Jesus, though he was not bodily present at that time with them heard it and after a week, when he met his disciples once again he had this to say to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe." (John 20:27) I guess he says that to many of us when we seek proof that he is doing the miracle that we have prayed for........."Stop doubting and believe"....Truly, "Blessed are they who have not yet seen and yet have believed.

DBB-34

You have been a refuge for the poor, a refuge for the needy in his distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat........(Isaiah 25:4)

Shelter, refuge, shade.........for you and me in our distresses, is Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Sometimes it's difficult to believe that, especially when the storms are bearing down upon us. So was the state of the disciples when the storm hit them. They cried out, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!" (Matthew 8:25)
But he just got up and and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. (Matthew 8:26)
Jesus is able to bring complete calm to the turbulent circumstance that you are facing this day. Cry out to him and he will save you.

DBB-35

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. (John 17:17)

Jesus' ardent desire was that his disciples be sanctified by truth. The Bible speaks in great detail about sanctification for those who choose to follow God's call. God desires that each of us be sanctified by his Word. The Apostle Paul, writing to the Thessalonians says, "May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)" If we submit ourselves totally into God's hands, he will do a wonderful work in us and keep us sanctified and blameless, so that we will be ready to enter his rest when the time comes.

DBB-36

I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints. (Psalm 52:9)

Praising God is an integral part of every believers spiritual life and the reason is simple as the Psalmist states here....for what he has done....and with regard to all believers, the chief thing being.....he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves.... (Colossians 1:13)
What a privilege it is to be called the "children of God."
We can hope in God's name like the psalmist says, because his name stands for all good, to them who put their trust in him and commit themselves to live for him. They have, like God spoke of Caleb, the Old Testament warrior, "a different spirit".
And such are the ones who will see God's promises fulfilled in their lives. Praise God.

DBB-37

You will increase my honor and comfort me once again. (Psalm 71:21)

One of the wonderful things that we have when we are "in Christ" is "hope". The Psalmist expresses his hope and confidence here by saying, "You will increase my honor and comfort me once again." Dishonor and discomfort may trouble us for a while, but the Lord is compassionate and is able to change our adverse circumstances around. The Apostle Peter writes, "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. (1 Peter 5:10)"
The Lord will maintain his faithfulness and of this we can be sure.

Back