Daily Reminders-What do you use?

Daily Reminders-What do you use?

Hello,

What do you use for a daily reminder not to sin? I fall short ALL the time. It hurts my heart to think about what a sinner I am, I am sorry for it, and I pray for fogivness. But its like God does not enter my mind at the time of the sin, I don't think I am sinning until its all over. I know some of you use WWJD bracelets, or you wear a cross around your neck. What else do you use? I'm looking for examples.

Hello,

What do you use for a daily reminder not to sin? I fall short ALL the time. It hurts my heart to think about what a sinner I am, I am sorry for it, and I pray for fogivness. But its like God does not enter my mind at the time of the sin, I don't think I am sinning until its all over. I know some of you use WWJD bracelets, or you wear a cross around your neck. What else do you use? I'm looking for examples.

Dear DaveS,

May God be with you!

I think of Saints and how they dealt with sinning. My favorite is St. Therese (the little flower) she would take the most mundane tasks like laundry or sweeping and offer it up to God.

My biggest issue is my impatience and then temper. As I feel myself getting upset, I think of her and remember to offer it up to God. In general, as I've been doing this for about a year or so, I just try to offer everything I do up to God. Even my sins. Those I ask for forgiveness and place at the foot of the cross and get up and move on to do better with God's help!

God bless you!

I use Outlook for my mail, calendar, etc.

I have daily prayer reminders set up to "POP UP" and remind me, no matter what I am doing to pray.

I also carry a palm pilot which I syncronize with my PC, so even if I am away from my desk, the alarm reminds me to take time to give thanks, and lift up others in prayer.

Hello,

I think we should focus on something more fundamental here. Firstly, let's remember we're all sinners, redeemed only through grace. The Bible is very clear on that - As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one." (Romans 3:10)

I think it's very good of you to feel sorry for what you're doing wrong, because some people who sin don't even realise what they're doing. However, most Christians forget that they've been justified through the cross and keep judging and condemning themselves, which is not something Jesus would want them to do. Romans 5:1 says "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

This doesn't mean that it's ok to sin, we must NOT do anything against God's will. But let's face it: We can never, not sin. Which is exactly why Jesus and the Holy Spirit came. If men were able to turn away from sin by themselves, Jesus would not have sent his Spirit to help us. I think the important thing is not what methods you use to try and not sin, but how much you rely on the Holy Spirit to help you. Hebrews 2:18 says "Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted."

Things like necklaces can remind you and other people that you are a Christian, but they won't prevent you from sinning. What you really need to do is to have the Word of God dwell in you all the time. It is not the WWJD bracelet that prevents you from sinning, it is a verse in the Bible that suddenly pops up in your head moments before sinning through the help of the Holy Spirit.

Summing up, just remember that you're not the only one in the world who breaks Jesus' heart... And remember that because he loved you so much, he paid the price and made you free, so you can relate to him. You are a friend of God! Even though you may make mistakes, God focuses on not what you did wrong but how you react to it! The moment you ask for forgiveness, he will "blot out your transgressions, for his own sake, and remember your sins no more." (Isaiah 43:25) Also remember that it is through faith not deeds that you are called righteous. And so living a life that is righteous to God can not be done through deeds but faith. Rely COMPLETELY on the Holy Spirit. Give everything to him. Don't try to live FOR him, but let him live THROUGH you. It's really hard, and not many can reach that stage of sanctification, but keep trying! Blessings in Jesus and I will pray for you :)

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1)

The Holy Spirit leads me and He lets me know when I goof up.

My dog came home (I swear this is true) one day with a little green bible small enough for me to put it into my back pocket.

I used to carry around with me mp3 players, voice recorders, pocket computers and the such.

I figured...if I can carry around these earthly posessions, then why couldn't I leave all those at home and start packing around with me this little gift that my doggy brought home to me? It's the Word of God. When I feel that something is wrong, I can take it out of my pocket and start reading. It's very uplifting. :)

Hello,

well, if I notice it is with one particular atribute of sin ( example: pride anger road rage etc...) I find it is always good to look up lots of scripture on it, and what God think's of it, and drill it in your head, that way before the next time you do it, the Holy Spirit will remind you of some of those verses and say do you really want to do this?

Back