Daniel 9

That's scary:( about the mark. I hope we are gone before that happens. Lol.

We will be. The Rapture is the event which will remove all born again people.
Then the Anti-Christ will be revealed and he is the one who the false prophet (Rev. 13) will force all people to receive in order to buy or sell anything.

Then the Anti-Christ will be revealed and he is the one who the false prophet (Rev. 13) will force all people to receive in order to buy or sell anything.

I am a "hoper" for the Rapture - but I am not convinced this is part of God's Plan. But I am hoping more and more these days.

The rapture theory presents a scripture issue. Could be we just don't understand exactly what Jesus said.
Anyone that knows how to debate both sides know what this is.

I for one take the weight of scriptures. What is God saying?

Scripture also never contradicts. Anywhere!!!

God caused David to number the troops............. Satan caused God to number the troops................ took me a few years to be revealed but both statements are 100% correct.

Just because we don't get it, does not mean a contradiction on God's part.

There is a rapture, it will be sudden, the Lord will get his Anointed church out of the way for what is to come.

You don't want to be here even when that first trumpet is sounded. The earth will be covered in Hail, fire mixed with blood so that it does not get out of control. Earth will lose 1/3 of all the tree's growing though, it will knock out power and cut communications all over.

It don't take much now to knock power out from a million homes. We saw 1.5 million without power this last winter. When God gets involved............ People have seen nothing yet,.

Last edited:
Can we do a study in Daniel 9? I'm curious why the Jewish people cannot see it is obvious that Jesus is described on this chapter. Does anyone know what they say about this prophecy specifically? I'm always wondering about how Jews reconcile these prophecies in their minds and reject Jesus messiah---

Or is it better not to concern myself? I feel like if I know why, then I can defend the faith if I ever get into a conversation with a Jewish person.

Lets do that shall we???
If we get a response we can go on but if it does not we can end it fairly quickly.

Daniel 9:1-2
"In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, by descent a Mede, who was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans— 2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, perceived in the books the number of years that, according to the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet, must pass before the end of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years."

After Daniel had been in captivity in Babylon for almost 70 years, he knew that God's prediction's were about to be fulfilled.
He had been reading and studying Jeremiah the weeping prophet (Jer. 25). It has now come to him that God is on the verge of allowing His people to return to Jerusalem.

They had been in captivity because they had not kept the Sabbath for 490 years. 490 years would come to 70 Sabbaths during that time and that is why they were judged for 490 years. 490 years is 70 sets of 7. That will become important later in Daniel but we see it here in verse #1. Later Daniel will refer to these "sets of 7" as WEEKS. He is referring to a set of 7 YEARS and not Days.

And away we go.

I am a "hoper" for the Rapture - but I am not convinced this is part of God's Plan. But I am hoping more and more these days.

I know you are, but I am a 100% believer enough for both of us so when I go up with the family, I will grab hold of you as well so don't worry.

Yes I've listened to sermons on revelation and learned all that... But I still do not believe it is clear that this will happen this way. I want it to. I'm still studying my Bible so maybe the truth will be revealed to me as well. For now I'll just take your word for it :) I think the scriptures that support this view can be misinterpreted. But maybe I'm wrong idk

Yes I've listened to sermons on revelation and learned all that... But I still do not believe it is clear that this will happen this way. I want it to. I'm still studying my Bible so maybe the truth will be revealed to me as well. For now I'll just take your word for it :) I think the scriptures that support this view can be misinterpreted. But maybe I'm wrong idk

I do no mean to be argumentative but I believe that the Rapture is one of the most prominate teachings in the Scripture, showing up in almost every book of the Bible.

IF you miss the Rapture teaching, it will mess up the rest of prophecy.

Lets do that shall we???
If we get a response we can go on but if it does not we can end it fairly quickly.

Daniel 9:1-2
"In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, by descent a Mede, who was made king over the realm of the Chaldeans— 2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, perceived in the books the number of years that, according to the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet, must pass before the end of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years."

After Daniel had been in captivity in Babylon for almost 70 years, he knew that God's prediction's were about to be fulfilled.
He had been reading and studying Jeremiah the weeping prophet (Jer. 25). It has now come to him that God is on the verge of allowing His people to return to Jerusalem.

They had been in captivity because they had not kept the Sabbath for 490 years. 490 years would come to 70 Sabbaths during that time and that is why they were judged for 490 years. 490 years is 70 sets of 7. That will become important later in Daniel but we see it here in verse #1. Later Daniel will refer to these "sets of 7" as WEEKS. He is referring to a set of 7 YEARS and not Days.

And away we go.
I have heard that these numbers add up all the way to Jesus crucifixion and resurrection

Cough - At the "transfiguration", Christ said that Elijah had come in the form of John. (matt 17:10-12)

I have heard that these numbers add up all the way to Jesus crucifixion and resurrection

I have to leave for my church's prayer meeting but I can explain that to you tomarrow if you like. Daniel prophecy actually comes out to the very day he predicts. It is 186,000 and some odd days. I will look it and get the correct number of days as it is probably the most precise prophecy given in the whole Bible.

@AllieWi The Jews in Jesus' day were looking for the Messiah because of the Jewish Babylonian Talmud: Tractate Sanhedrin Folio 97a

The Tanna debe Eliyyahu teaches: The world is to exist six thousand years. In the first two thousand there was desolation; two thousand years the Torah flourished; and the next two thousand years is the Messianic era, but through our many iniquities all these years have been lost.”

When Jesus started His ministry it fell on the 4000th year from creation. So yea, they were looking for the promised one.

I have to leave for my church's prayer meeting but I can explain that to you tomarrow if you like. Daniel prophecy actually comes out to the very day he predicts. It is 186,000 and some odd days. I will look it and get the correct number of days as it is probably the most precise prophecy given in the whole Bible.

The number of days is 176,429, which is exactly 483 years 13 days from Daniel's prophecy that Jesus died.

Last edited:

I encourage you to stay away from all this number adding and stuff. You can make the numbers say anything you want by one small adjustment.

The Word of God is so simple, that is why it's spiritually discerned. It takes a tremendous amount of Greek, Hebrew, Number crunching to get confused fast. Man can't read religious text and keep it simple.
Jesus said..................
For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
(Mat 24:21)
Luk 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Two statements...... Escape everything that is to come, and what is coming is tribulation that this Earth has never seen, nor shall be again. It trumps the flood of Noah in it's destructive power. It will also last longer than the flood and this earth will be destroyed and billions killed in regions.

Two statements............. Escape everything and it's gonna get real bad.

(Dan 12:1-2)
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time:
Jesus said:then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time

and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

What time are we delivered? The time the tribulation starts.................. Just like Jesus said.

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
(Dan 12:1-2)

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

There is a Resurrection event, just like Paul told us in Cor and Thess.

Real simple. All scriptures match, easy to understand. No number crunching.

be blessed.

@AllieWi The Jews in Jesus' day were looking for the Messiah because of the Jewish Babylonian Talmud: Tractate Sanhedrin Folio 97a

The Tanna debe Eliyyahu teaches: The world is to exist six thousand years. In the first two thousand there was desolation; two thousand years the Torah flourished; and the next two thousand years is the Messianic era, but through our many iniquities all these years have been lost.”

When Jesus started His ministry it fell on the 4000th year from creation. So yea, they were looking for the promised one.
So it was correct then?

I do no mean to be argumentative but I believe that the Rapture is one of the most prominate teachings in the Scripture, showing up in almost every book of the Bible.

IF you miss the Rapture teaching, it will mess up the rest of prophecy.

I have no doubts that we will be caught up and that Jesus will come in the clouds... It's the when and in relation to the tribulation and millenium I question. But yes, it is quite clear that it will happen. Which is fantastic!!

And I don't think you are being argumentative; in very appreciative if all this info. Thank you to you and everyone else contributing to this thread. I love it!! Daniel is my favorite OT book.

Subscribing to this one. I'd love to be convinced of a rapture. I couldn't find any scripture that really supports it, but I could be wrong. A rapture would be cool. Plus can you imagine what it would be like in the world after all Christians are gone? It'd basically be the whole world against Israel.

Subscribing to this one. I'd love to be convinced of a rapture. I couldn't find any scripture that really supports it, but I could be wrong. A rapture would be cool. Plus can you imagine what it would be like in the world after all Christians are gone? It'd basically be the whole world against Israel.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Now, brothers, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our gathering together to him, we ask you not to be quickly shaken in your mind, nor yet be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by letter as from us, saying that the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For it will not be, unless the departure comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of destruction,
(2Th 2:1-3)

Plus the 3 scriptures I mentioned above and I did not mention a few others.

If your looking for the Word rapture it's there. Caught up............... harpazō
to seize (in various applications): - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).

The much older Latin Vulgate by Jerome translated that Greek Word to Rapiemur.............

deinde nos qui vivimus qui relinquimur simul rapiemur cum illis in nubibus obviam Domino in aera et sic semper cum Domino erimus
(1Th 4:17)

Rapiemure or English Word rapture.

It's there in scripture, you just need to read the Latin instead.

Be blessed.

Back