daniel2macarius

violet

Inactive
daniel2macarius

I am sorry to ask so many questions.
Could you please, in your own words, explain what you feel the plan of salvation is?

I am always curious to hear this from everyone.
Some don't like the term, but as long as everyone knows what I mean.

If I were to walk up to you on the street and ask you how to be saved, what would you say to me?
Thank you,

Violet

If you asked me how can i be saved i would say to you to "believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved". This is the first step towards salvation but not the only one after that i would speak the word of the Lord to you that is the Gospel and tell of what else you must do to be saved and faith comes by hearing the word the next step is baptism so i would take you to church and have a priest baptize you then after baptism is done you are forgiven your sins both original and personal you have to lead a life of repentance and partake of thr eucharist and have confession but all this would be explained to you before baptism as the church is of one mind and one accord when it comes to doctrines of salvation and all these are needed for salvation if you go to the web address www.ourchurch.com/t/Truth4Today/ and look on the left side you will see Our creed and the seven original sacraments you will what i believe is needed to be saved as it is i who website this is

May The Lord Bless
daniel2macarius

Thank you, I appreciate your explanation very much!
God bless you~

I do not understand the confession part though, as God is the only one we are to confess to.

That is one thing i dont agree with.
Going into your church a person confessing to the priest their sins, and then the priest forgiving them.

God is the only one you should confess your sins to, and He is the only One who can forgive you.

confession and authority to forgive sin

Do faith and baptism prevent you from sinning afterwards certainly not but it is true that in baptism we are forgiven for original sin and sin committed before baptism but after baptism we need confession as St John tha Apostle says :If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.(1 John 1:9)the Holt bible says: He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.(Proverbs 28:13) so the Apostles set up the sacrament of confession.
The sacrament of confession is also known in the church as the sacrament of repentance for you need to come to a priest and confess your sin in order to get absolution from him and have them forgiven.the sacrament of confession has been practiced in the church from the very beginning the holy Bible states: And many who had believed came confessing and telling their deeds.(Acts 19:18)even before pentacost the bible says about St. John the baptist:
Then Jerusalem, all Judea, and all the region around the Jordan went out to himand were baptized by him in the Jordan, confessing their sins.(matthew 3:5-6)so along the way of your salvation i wish you to benefit ffrom the words of The Lord Jesus Christ
And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, Receive the Holy Spirit.If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.(John 20:22-23)
for the priest has authority to forgive or retain sins but he is only the vessel through which God works to do so for example when Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession lied to St. Peter he bound them in there sins or retained them see Acts 5

May The Lord Bless
daniel2macarius

If you asked me how can i be saved i would say to you to "believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved". This is the first step towards salvation but not the only one after that i would speak the word of the Lord to you that is the Gospel and tell of what else you must do to be saved and faith comes by hearing the word the next step is baptism so i would take you to church and have a priest baptize you then after baptism is done you are forgiven your sins both original and personal you have to lead a life of repentance and partake of thr eucharist and have confession but all this would be explained to you before baptism as the church is of one mind and one accord when it comes to doctrines of salvation and all these are needed for salvation if you go to the web address www.ourchurch.com/t/Truth4Today/ and look on the left side you will see Our creed and the seven original sacraments you will what i believe is needed to be saved as it is i who website this is

Daniel:
I've gone to your site and get "part" of it, but get a message "page not found" or something like this... could it be that they've "fallen away?" LOL

Confucius say: Man who run in front of car get tired
Man who run behind car get exhausted.--

Have a good day.

To me, salvation is realizing that we have fallen short of God's standard, understanding that we cannot know Him in our current sinful state, figuring out we can't repay the debt on our own, and accepting Christ's ultimate sacrifice to pay that price on our behalf.

d2m,

We no longer need priests to confess our sins. Before Christ, we had no choice but to offer sacrifices to God, and priests would intercede on our behalf with God to forgive our sins. Once a year, the high priest would approach the Most Holy place of the tabernacle where God dwelt and atone for the sins of all people.

When Christ died, the curtain to the Most Holy place was torn from top to bottom, signifying that God had removed the barrier to His forgiveness through Christ.

Hebrews 3:
1Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess.

Hebrews 4:
14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens,[e] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. 16Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

and

Hebrews 7:
23Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25Therefore he is able to save completely[c] those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
26Such a high priest meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Throughout the teachings of the New Testament, Christ is clearly shown to be our one and only "High Priest." No man is required to forgive our sins, that authority rests with God alone and He no longer needs a man to intercede on our behalf. Christ has done just that, once and for all, so that we may approach Him at any time.

As a former Catholic, I struggled with this for some time, but scripture is abundantly clear...confession is between the sinner and God.

If I were to walk up to you on the street and ask you how to be saved, what would you say to me?
Thank you,

Hi all

I would ask you if you liked life?
I would ask you if you would like more and better of life - i.e. eternal life and abundant life (without pain).
I would tell you there is only one God who has this gift to give.
I would tell you that you have to live so that you do not cause others pain who have to live eternally with you - and you have to love God who is going to give you life in his house forever.
I would tell you that you have to change from your past hurtful ways, and look with hope and faith to God to keep you from doing the same in future.
Then I would explain that this is like a contract from which there is no turning back - it is like marriage - but outlasts it because marriage is just until death you do part. This is an eternal commitment to God.

If the person was old enough to understand and enter into such an agreement - I would tell them to be baptized - explaining that God will reveal more and more as he leads them further. This is simply an eternal commitment - the Holy Spirit will guide them further.

Maybe not exactly like this - but something along these lines.

:D
Hi all

I would ask you if you liked life?
I would ask you if you would like more and better of life - i.e. eternal life and abundant life (without pain).
I would tell you there is only one God who has this gift to give.
I would tell you that you have to live so that you do not cause others pain who have to live eternally with you - and you have to love God who is going to give you life in his house forever.
I would tell you that you have to change from your past hurtful ways, and look with hope and faith to God to keep you from doing the same in future.
Then I would explain that this is like a contract from which there is no turning back - it is like marriage - but outlasts it because marriage is just until death you do part. This is an eternal commitment to God.

If the person was old enough to understand and enter into such an agreement - I would tell them to be baptized - explaining that God will reveal more and more as he leads them further. This is simply an eternal commitment - the Holy Spirit will guide them further.

Maybe not exactly like this - but something along these lines.

Good morning everyone,:dance::D

Ok! it's still night I know...Anyway I don't agree with you,even though I like you... I hope thats OK!:D

But at least you have a good answer... No one has ever come to me with that Question... So I'd better get on the ball:read::):D.

Instead of writing much here my view is spoken on this web site

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/learntoshare.shtml :heart:

and
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/faq.shtml:heart:

God does not promise us a better or improved life... Usually the opposite occurs...Much persecution, by family and friends, perhaps job lost, and failed marraiges... The closet people around you fall away...

In Love,

Whoever believes, totally trusts and relies on Jesus Christ and what he did on the cross, will have eternal life. No ifs ands or buts. ~The Ambassador

I think every one would have a different answer according to the leading of the Holy Spirit. I would ask Holy Spirit to guide me because He knows the heart of the person and then take it from there.

First I would ask them if they know where they are going when they die and usually that opens the conversation. I think sharing your personal testimony of what God has done in your life and what is continues to do is also good as people can relate.

There are so many ways to bring the gospel forward but first pray to find the perfect way that the Lord would have you witness.

Sometimes we are an instument to plant the seed of faith in that individual and some one else may come along and waters the seed but the end result is in God's hands as He will germinate the seed.

What is the salvation plan?

In order to tell you about salvation..

I need to help you understand what you are being saved from.

The avaerage person believes in their heart they are a good person. And that if their is a God, he knows I'm a good person.

salvation starts with explaining God's commandments.
I would explain ten commandments. Iwould explain the fall of Adam and Eve.

I would ask if you had ever broken any commandments.

"Did you ever lust ONly in your heart after another woman or man"

Sin is in the heart and in the body.

We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Good news... John 3:16

We need a redeemer because how can perfection allow imperfection to enter HIS Glory.

After many years of catholcism, I have learned from reading .. the importance of reading is to go into it not trying to make scripture fit theolgy but what does scipture state doctrinaly what the truth is. The bible is clear, a priest is not needed for confession.... however an experienced christain is definetely needed to ensure the correct teachings and path are followed.

1. Need to know Adam and Eve
  2. Need to Understand you are a sinner
  3. Need to Accept Jesus as your Savior
  4. Need to repent and confess sins
Baptism is not necessary for Salvation, It is an outward expression to the christian community "I am a New Person in Jesus". However it does change you inwardly.
Christ the High Priest in the order of Melchizedek

Be A Berean
:read-bible:

Steve

HGHI,
Please be careful stating things as facts~
I will say that I believe baptism IS necessary
for salvation~

That is my opinion and belief.
may God bless you~:cross:

Opinions vary on baptism- but we know for sure we must be born again!

Baptism is not necessary for Salvation, It is an outward expression to the christian community "I am a New Person in Jesus". However it does change you inwardly.
Christ the High Priest in the order of Melchizedek

HGHI...You are opening up a whole can of worms here but anyways I will express my view.

Baptism is a Biblical expression that we do after we have become a born again Christian. We want to follow Jesus into a deeper walk therefore we want to express and tell our testimony to the congregation that we want to follow Jesus for the rest of our life. LIke you said it does not change the person but I want to disagree there as it does change the born again Christian to want a deeper desire to please Jesus and to walk in obedience to His commands. I have also seen people when they come up from the water , speaking in tongues so they have gotten a double baptism. so it is ,life changing.

HGHI...You are opening up a whole can of worms here but anyways I will express my view.

Baptism is a Biblical expression that we do after we have become a born again Christian. We want to follow Jesus into a deeper walk therefore we want to express and tell our testimony to the congregation that we want to follow Jesus for the rest of our life. LIke you said it does not change the person but I want to disagree there as it does change the born again Christian to want a deeper desire to please Jesus and to walk in obedience to His commands. I have also seen people when they come up from the water , speaking in tongues so they have gotten a double baptism. so it is ,life changing.

I agree with you Dusty. Thanks for putting it so clearly.

We got off the subject

To all,

Maybe I was misunderstood. written words do that. That explains many different interpretations of scripture.

Original question:

I responded to others earlier statements on what they believed.

If we want to have a seperate thread on Baptism that would be a great learning experience for us all. If we do this remember all types of baptism and ensure comments are scripturally based on specific types of baptism. Lets not take Doctrine you believe and make the Scriptures fit it. (By the way I am a Baptist and I made the statement Baptism (water) is not necessary for salvation). Again my view...I will support it in another thread if someone starts it.
  1. Need to know Adam and Eve
  2. Need to Understand you are a sinner
  3. Need to Accept Jesus as your Savior
  4. Need to repent and confess sins
However respond to the four points I brought forth on what I would say to you about salvation.

Intresting how quickly we condemn a viewpoint without looking at the big picture.... Is this why there are so many different denominations....

:read-bible:
Be a Berean

Back