Dare to Shine His Light on Worry This Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casting your cares on God is an act of faith. It may not be easy at first, but it is necessary if you want to live in victory.

First Peter 5:8-9, KJV, says, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.”

You can’t worry and be in faith at the same time. Resist the devil’s lies and give him no place (James 4:7; Ephesians 4:27). As Matthew 6:25, KJV, says, “Take no thought….” You have to consciously refuse to take those worried thoughts he brings.

The result will be perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3).

That’s what I have done all these years, and I hardly ever have a worried thought anymore. I walk in the peace that passes understanding. It doesn’t make sense to the natural mind, but, I’m not living a natural life.

Whenever you are tempted to worry, just look at a bird. Does it seem worried? No, it has a heavenly Father who cares about it.

Well you have that same Father, and He delights in providing for you.

Remember, the Lord is good to all.

That includes you. So why worry?

My prayer is that you won’t. You’ll be just like the birds, and you will enjoy a worry-free Christmas!

Dare to Shine His Light on Worry This Christmas!

• God is on the line to take care of the birds, and He’s on the line to take care of you, too. Meditate on these truths as you watch the birds outside your own window.
  • Refuse to worry! Commit to be obedient to Jesus’ command and to receive all God has for you (Matthew 6:25-34).
  • For every issue you’re tempted to worry about, find scriptures that apply to your situation. Keep them in front of your eyes, and going in your ears and out your mouth, until that truth gets into your heart.
  • Whenever you find yourself worrying about anything, say out loud, “I take no thought about that.” Then speak a scripture promise that applies to what you were tempted to worry about.

© 1991 Eagle Mountain International Church, Inc. aka: Kenneth Copeland Publications All rights reserved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back