Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carnal man is a creature of darkness and that is the way God created him (created us), it was not man's choice to be this way.

Hello 25Z

We are of all types of beliefs here and are each have the right to believe what they believe. I am not here to argue, but I do have a different view of this. Other than that point I can mostly agree with what you posted. :)

I do not believe God created us as a creature of darkness because of these scriptures and others.

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

God created us in HIS image and there is no darkness in Him. He was perfect

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

However, after Adam fell then man was carnal and sinful.

We are taken about not Christ Jesus but Adam here.
Yes God created man in his image, but it was not little Adam who cause the fall, yes men assume this but this is not what scripture declares. On the sixth day God created man in His image and likeness which is spirit, BUT on the seventh day God lowered man from being a spiritual being to become a man of flesh, a soulish man. What does Satan eat but dust, us. Nothing happens outside the will and purpose of God especially the fall of all creration, here Romans 8:20 shows us it was God who took the blame.

Romans 8:20 The created world was bound to fail. But that was not the result of its own choice. It was planned that way by the One who made it. God planned

Hello 25Z

We are of all types of beliefs here and are each have the right to believe what they believe. I am not here to argue, but I do have a different view of this. Other than that point I can mostly agree with what you posted. :)

I do not believe God created us as a creature of darkness because of these scriptures and others.

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

God created us in HIS image and there is no darkness in Him. He was perfect

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

However, after Adam fell then man was carnal and sinful.

We are taken about not Christ Jesus but Adam here.
Yes God created man in his image, but it was not little Adam who cause the fall, yes men assume this but this is not what scripture declares. On the sixth day God created man in His image and likeness which is spirit, BUT on the seventh day God lowered man from being a spiritual being to become a man of flesh, a soulish man. What does Satan eat but dust, us. Nothing happens outside the will and purpose of God especially the fall of all creration, here Romans 8:20 shows us it was God who took the blame.
Like I said, I won't argue or get into strife. To each his own opinion.

Like I said, I won't argue or get into strife. To each his own opinion.
Yes, I agree with GodSpeaks. Let's SHARE what we believe in. We all have different opinions. I haven't read much of this, but I have read some replies. Let's remember that we are going to believe what we are going to believe. I just don't want this thread to get shut down due to "I'm right, you're wrong" kind of attitudes!

Amplified Bible (AMP)
Romans 8:20For the creation (nature) was subjected to [a]frailty (to futility, condemned to frustration), not because of some intentional fault on its part, but by the will of Him Who so subjected it--[yet] with the hope(A)

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
20for to vanity was the creation made subject -- not of its will, but because of Him who did subject [it] -- in hope,

New International Version (NIV)
20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope

Psalm 90
1 Lord, You have been our dwelling place[a] in all generations.
2 Before the mountains were brought forth,
Or ever You had formed the earth and the world,
Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.

3 You turn man to destruction,
And say, “Return, O children of men.”

We are created in Christ Jesus. We are His Creation; and until Christ is formed in us, the world cannot see anything but religion in us. Philippians 2:13: "For it is God who worketh in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure." The Father is actually building His Love Life, His Righteousness, His strength, and His Wisdom into our spirits.

Yes I understand where this is going but in the beginning before the fall of Adam God did create us in his image .

Vs 27- Genesis -- In our image , in our likeness, and let “ them” – man and woman were both created in the image and likeness of God.

I --- They possessed a moral likeness to God , for they were sinless and holy, possessing wisdom , a heart of love and the will to do right.

2---- They possessed a natural likeness to God . They were created personal beings with spirit, mind ,
emotions, self-consciousness and power of choice.

3---God gave human beings the image in which He was to appear visibly to them and the form that His Son would one day assume.

4--- However , to be made in His image does not mean that man is divine. They have been created on a lower order and are dependent on God ( Ps 8 : 5)

5---- All human life is derived from Adam and Eve ( Gen. 3 : 20 ), Rom. 5 :12 ) “ God Blessed them”

Anyways this thread has gone off topic and I would like to get back to the subject " Darkness "

I quote scripture and you give me your opinion???????

Dusty; We are created in Christ Jesus. We are His Creation; and until Christ is formed in us said:
Philippians 2:13 "For it is God who worketh in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure." The Father is actually building His Love Life, His Righteousness, His strength, and His Wisdom into our spirits

Yes I understand where this is going but in the beginning before the fall of Adam God did create us in his image . \Vs 27- Genesis -- In our image , in our likeness, and let “ them” – man and woman were both created in the image and likeness of God

Where did you come up with this moral likeness of God from?

I --- They possessed a moral likeness to God , for they were sinless and holy, possessing wisdom , a heart of love and the will to do right.

God is a spirit and is not natural, carnal man is natural.

2---- They possessed a natural likeness to God . They were created personal beings with spirit, mind , emotions, self-consciousness and power of choice

Man cannot choose God.

God gave human beings the image in which He was to appear visibly to them and the form that His Son would one day assume

--- However , to be made in His image does not mean that man is divine. They have been created on a lower order and are dependent on God

Are we not God’s Children? What does that mean? Have you ever read Ps. 82? Yes all human life is derived from Adam and Eve that God created. No Jesus is divine and we are fallen sons of God. Adam was created in God’s image, does that not make him divine when he was first created.

All human life is derived from Adam and Eve
This an important issue, if we cannot openly discuss truth then we are in darkness.

Moderators Reminder to All Members

This is a general reminder not directed at any specific post or member and is not meant to stifle all discussion, just those posts which would disrupt a peaceful one.

The topic of this thread has a history of becoming heated.

While this HAS NOT YET HAPPENED, the Moderators remind all who wish to post of our Golden Rule:

Rule 2.0 Let the Love of God and the Fellowship of the Spirit guide all you do and say.

Again, this is a friendly reminder to keep the discussion civil.

We now return to our regular program already in progress.

Thank you. [/quote]

I am sorry I already stated that I do not wish to argue over this . What I stated is there for you to read and it is plain and clear. Please go back to Genesis and read for yourself exactly what the scripture says .

Of course we are God's Chilren but in order for us to be accepted into His kingdom and have eternal life we need to confess our sins and ask for forgiveness and ask Him to come into our life ,amd change us by the power of the Holy Spirit but ultimately we need to choose. whether we want to reamin in our sin or wheter we accept salvation offered by a just and fair God through Jesus Christ His Son .

I respect your right to express your veiwpoint and hope that you will respect mine .... Thank you and God Bless.

MODERATOR'S COMMENT

This thread has been well discussed. Everyone has stated their views and no one is changing their minds.

With that in mind, it is the opinion of the Moderators, nothing further is to be gained and the thread will be closed.

If anyone wishes to add something to this thread that is of a differing viewpoint and has not already been covered, please let anyone on the Moderator Team know, and reopening of this thread will be considered.

We thank all who participated.

Moderator Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back