Database Error

Dusty

Inactive
Database Error

From time to time I am getting a message that says data base error and I cannot access CFS . Sometimes it happens when I am in the middle of of doing work .

Has any one else experienced this ?

I think I've seen it before.

I take it you're not talking about the standard "Page cannot be displayed" Internet error that indicates a lack of connectivity...
OperationAbortedPage.gif

but rather the DBL error that usually accompanies a SQL server database...
dp2.jpg

That could be caused by a number of things, it may be that the server is running a backup, or that the server is performing some prioritary function that will not allow access or modifications to files, or that Jeff tripped over an ethernet cable. :D

If you get it again, and have the time, try a print screen and cut and paste the error, that would be very helpful in determining the exact cause. :)

Hmmmm... :confused:

Once in awhile, I wouldn't be worried about, but lets all help Jeff out and try to isolate any problems like this.

A "print screen" of the error would be very helpful, as would logging the exact time and date.

He will be able to look at the error logs on the server and determine precicely what caused the DB error in the first place.

That's why I started this thread cause I have been experiencing it quite often recently and Pastor Lynn told me she had the same thing .

Send Jeffin a PM with a link to this thread and he will sort it out.

Just to be clear...

JEFF:
The two snapshots that I posted were for discussion purposes.

I did not get them from attempting to acess this site.
I have had simmilar errors, but those are not the exact errors.

If it does happen to me again, I will post it and let you know. :)

I just didn't want to cause any confusion and lead you to think the errors I posted were from here.

Sat .... May 9 at 9:53 my time . Just wanted Jeff to know got the database problem again .

image.php
Database errorThe database has encountered a problem.Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.christianforumsite.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.christianforumsite.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

same here

Same here - same time as Dusty.

Got "server not available" error message.

Back