David picked up 5 stones,which one did he use..??

Greetings:

The first stone is love, and that shall fail you.
The second stone is hate, and that shall fail you.
The third stone is knowledge, and that shall fail you.
The fourth stone is prayer, and that shall fail you.
The fifth stone is sung prayer,and it shall not fail you.

bye

Love, prayer, singing praises to God, and dancing are all very powerful forces of God that will never fail if their done in faith.
1 Corinthians 13:8a Love Never fails!

Edit add in....The Walls of Jerico came down because the people were dancing and praising the Lord

1 Corinthians 13:8a Love Never fails!
Awww, man! Ya beat me to it! :LOL:

David rocked....and Goliath rolled!

Edit add in....The Walls of Jerico came down because the people were dancing and praising the Lord

:unsure: Are you surrrrrrrre?

Joshua 6:20 "So the people shouted when the priests blew the trumpets. And it happened when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat." Don't see no dancin' and singin' in there. ;)

Actually, the common things these two events have are putting faith into action. While David did sling a rock, it was his Rock that brought the results.
In 1st Samuel 17 David says
"....v.45 I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you..."
In Joshua, the people obeyed what the Lord had told Joshua. The Lord works in and through obedience. (y)

:unsure: Are you surrrrrrrre?

Hi Countryside,
Blessings to you and your family!
Here's why I made the comment I did, and in my opinion yes I'm sure.....
I took a Look at the hebrew word shout....
H8643
Original: תּרוּעה

Transliteration: terû‛âh

Phonetic: ter-oo-aw'

BDB Definition:

1. alarm, signal, sound of tempest, shout, shout or blast of war or alarm or joy
    1. alarm of war, war-cry, battle-cry
    2. blast (for march)
    3. shout of joy (with religious impulse)
    4. shout of joy (in general)
Origin: from H7321

TWOT entry: 2135b

Part(s) of speech: Noun Feminine

Strong's Definition: From H7321; clamor, that is, acclamation of joy or a battle cry ; especially clangor of trumpets, as an alarum: - alarm, blow (-ing) (of, the) (trumpets), joy, jubile, loud noise, rejoicing, shout (-ing), (high, joyful) sound (-ing).

Strongs for H7321....Strong's Definition: A primitive root; to mar (especially by breaking); figuratively to split the ears (with sound), that is, shout (for alarm or joy): - blow an alarm, cry (alarm, aloud, out), destroy, make a joyful noise, smart, shout (for joy), sound an alarm, triumph

And then lets think about how the israelites were instructed to celebrate the different festivals and such. So if we put the two together, and we know that they were shouting joyfully in faith for their victory...then we can gather that they were singing and praising and dancing by faith. Besides who, when shouting joyfully in faith for their victory, would stand still and not be dancing around?

Actually, the common things these two events have are putting faith into action. While David did sling a rock, it was his Rock that brought the results.
In 1st Samuel 17 David says
"....v.45 I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you..."
In Joshua, the people obeyed what the Lord had told Joshua. The Lord works in and through obedience. (y)

As i fully agree with you that it was faith in God's ability to fulfill His promise, and obedience on the part of the people that allowed God's mighty hand to be shown....my thoughts are that in David's case...it was Him speaking by faith according to mark 11:22-24, that brought the giant down.

Had he not spoken it first...I believe it would have turned out differently. For he acted in God's ways and anointing prior to releasing the stone by faith that God would direct that stone to just the right place on the giant's head, where it would sink in and render him lifeless. For that stone had to get up under the giant's helemt in order to have done any damage.

I believe that while yes it was by obedience, obedience without faith is dead and non productive. For faith is what pleases God. Andif one has no faith in God then, He cannot bring bout in their life what He desires to...because the person doen not believe He is a rewarder of them that truly seek Him.

Blessings to you :)

Greetings:

The first stone is love, and that shall fail you.
The second stone is hate, and that shall fail you.
The third stone is knowledge, and that shall fail you.
The fourth stone is prayer, and that shall fail you.
The fifth stone is sung prayer,and it shall not fail you.

bye

Here is something to consider.

David had 5 stones and Goliath had 4 brothers.

When David killed Goliath, anyone of his brothers could have stepped forward to challenge David.

God provided David with exactly what he needed to be successful. 5 rocks for 5 heads.

Here is something to consider.

David had 5 stones and Goliath had 4 brothers.

When David killed Goliath, anyone of his brothers could have stepped forward to challenge David.

God provided David with exactly what he needed to be successful. 5 rocks for 5 heads.

That's something interesting to ponder :)

That's something interesting to ponder :)

2 Samuel 21:15–22 lists four very large Philistines who were related to Goliath in some way: Ishbi-benob, Saph, Goliath, and an unnamed giant with six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot.

I have heard some say that David took five smooth stones instead of just one because he had some doubt. I say that David was prepared to kill all 5 if the other 4 came out to battle. To me that is "Preparation"!!!

Back