Dead to sin question

Via dolarossa

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Secretary
When we say we are dead to sin, does it mean all sins or just one that the Spirit brings up and is working on in our lives?

Is that why John said that we shouldn’t say we have no sin or the truth is not in us?

Sin no longer stands between God and His creature (us). It will not separate us from God's grace. All has been laid at the cross. While we may, and do, continue to make poor use of our salvation, we can never lose it.

When we say we are dead to sin, does it mean all sins or just one that the Spirit brings up and is working on in our lives?

Is that why John said that we shouldn’t say we have no sin or the truth is not in us?

Actually John said that because Paul had already said in Romans 3:23......
"ALL have sinned and come short of the approval of God".

If anyone said, I am not a sinner and I do not need Jesus he is then calling God a liar.

That is a good question, i think being dead to sin, entails not having a sinful nature, of course we will fall to sin in times of life. Even Paul sinned and he was a great man.

Back