Dealing With False Teachers

Priest and teacher based their teaching on ? BIBLE !

So, read the bible and you will know the word, and when you know the word you can know which one is true and false teaching. I think paul warns us about teacher and church right ? (by saying do not agree on all thing people say but search the meaning and finding the real truth). I my self just read the bible and by that i can know which priest based their word on the bible or making stories for themselves.
God bless you.

I sat under a man who was a great preacher before he got to big and began to twist the very word of God to "preach" at people he did not like. They had done nothing wrong yeht, his excuse when confronted with this by me was that he held people in such high asteim and when they fail him he goes after them. now that was f false teacher of the word I resigned my ast. pastorship and we left. he then suffered two heartattacks a stroke, and a growth on his testicals all within 52 weeks. God takes care of those who teach falsely.

Don't you know that even Satan and the demons know the word of God???

It is not enough just to know the word of God no matter how well one knows it. It is the God of the word that comforts, guides and inerperates for the individual.

It is the interpritation of God's written word void of the Holy Spirit that results in errored and false teaching.
HIS word is meant to be used ,applied not just to be used as a measuring stick.

Though there may be only one correct interpritation here are many applications and with out the holy Spirit guidence and obedience to it there an only be error intentional or otherwise.

His
Cliff

Don't you know that even Satan and the demons know the word of God???

It is not enough just to know the word of God no matter how well one knows it. It is the God of the word that comforts, guides and inerperates for the individual.

It is the interpritation of God's written word void of the Holy Spirit that results in errored and false teaching.
HIS word is meant to be used ,applied not just to be used as a measuring stick.

Though there may be only one correct interpritation here are many applications and with out the holy Spirit guidence and obedience to it there an only be error intentional or otherwise.

His
Cliff

A big amen to that. And it must be presented in love or it misses His heart entirely- that was the sin of the Pharisees- it was not that they did not know His Word but they twisted that Word to suit their own means not knowing the Word was supposed to bring life.Without the Holy Spirit one cannot understand the Word at all and will at best get an intellectual assessment instead of a life's way message.
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

To pray and read the bible with the Holy Spirit is awesome but I won't be so arrogant as to believe that God has not given my brothers and sisters any revelation in the last 2000 years so I am willing to learn. Reading the writings and teachings of others has been likened to eating watermelon- it can be very satisfying but you may occasionally have to spit out a few seeds.

Thanks everyone for the great posts on this thread. They are a real encouragement that so many study the word for themselves and thus are able to refute false doctrine.

When my husband and I went first on the Mission Field we carried with us Letters of Commendation so that Churches we visited knew who we were and where we were coming from. This practice seems to have died out, I believe on a misconstruing of the Apostle Paul's words in 2 Cor. 3:1. Clearly he was well known in Corinth and so did not need anyone to recommend him.

With so much false teaching going on perhaps it would be a good idea to reintroduce such letters, especially before anyone is allowed to preach. What do others think?

God bless us as we learn together

Since this is the topic, I would ask for prayer for a young man I've recently met through another forum. He's been searching for understanding and truth about God despite the fact that his parents aren't Christian or religious at all... But in the past week, I found out he is being courted by the Jehovah's Witnesses. You can imagine my regret and sadness at hearing this. And no matter what I have said, no matter what website link I send him, he is determined that the Watchtower represents truth. He claims to have studied and researched (which really doesnt seem possible in light of the so many problems within the JW organization)... Anyway, if you read this, and have a heart for him, please pray for Alex that he would have discernment about what he is getting himself into. Thank you! ~Sean

Heavenly Father we pray now for Alex. It seems that Satan is trying to divert him from the truth. Give wisdom to those in contact with him that they may know what to say and how to react to the error he is being taught.

In the Lord Jesus name we pray.

This is interesting as I have been reading through Revelations to see what I can find about this and End Times. A lot of things happening just now.
Ruby

If we can learn to correct false prophets in the same manner we would a confused brother or sister in Christ, we will get a while lot farther. You must be gentle and instructive. Attack the issue, not the person. It is very easy to move from refuting an idea to calling a person a hypocrite, liar, heretic, etc. when we get angry, frustrated, or flustered because they are not backing down or are so far off course in our minds that we can't imagine how they could be one of God's chosen. If they are one of God's chosen, the words you say in love will either get to them now or later. They will very likely go away and ponder them. Do not get discouraged if they do not acknowledge that you are correct on the spot. Doing so only weakens your position.

If they are not one of God's chosen, treating them with love and respect, but not acknowledging their position as truth will generally generate behavior unbecoming of a fellow Christian. This is a good sign that they are a false prophet. Do what you can to correct them before others, but don't argue with them or fight them. It will get you no where with them or others to stoop to their level. Simply put God's Word out there and let him take care of the rest. He is very good at what he does. He protects his people and his Word.

Go get em guys :)

If we can learn to correct false prophets in the same manner we would a confused brother or sister in Christ, we will get a while lot farther. You must be gentle and instructive. Attack the issue, not the person. It is very easy to move from refuting an idea to calling a person a hypocrite, liar, heretic, etc. when we get angry, frustrated, or flustered because they are not backing down or are so far off course in our minds that we can't imagine how they could be one of God's chosen. If they are one of God's chosen, the words you say in love will either get to them now or later. They will very likely go away and ponder them. Do not get discouraged if they do not acknowledge that you are correct on the spot. Doing so only weakens your position.

If they are not one of God's chosen, treating them with love and respect, but not acknowledging their position as truth will generally generate behavior unbecoming of a fellow Christian. This is a good sign that they are a false prophet. Do what you can to correct them before others, but don't argue with them or fight them. It will get you no where with them or others to stoop to their level. Simply put God's Word out there and let him take care of the rest. He is very good at what he does. He protects his people and his Word.

Go get em guys :)

Thanks ruperik .... that is the best advise . Don't argue with them and that way they will see the love of Jesus through you . By their fruits ye shall know them and likewise by our fruits we will be known as well .

Ten Bilical Principles for dealing with false teachers by Frank Holmes

1. Test the Spirits for many false teachers and false prophets have gone out into the world.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

2. Test the truth of every mans teaching using Scripture as your supreme authority!

Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

3. Be on guard and avoid being deceived by their error.

2 Peter 3:17 You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked;

4. Expose their evil deeds!

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

5. Reject Them!

Titus 3:10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition.

6. Turn away from them!

2 Timothy 3:5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

7. Do not receive them nor bid them Gods speed or blessings.

2 John 10:11 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him.

8. Come out from among them!

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you[a] are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “ I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people.”
17 Therefore“ Come out from among the And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you.”
18 “ I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the LORD Almighty.”

9. Identify them, rebuke them and warn others of their false teachings or errors.

Titus 1:10-16 and Titus 2:1 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,
11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.
12 One of them, a prophet of their own, said, “Cretans are always liars, evil beasts, lazy gluttons.”
13 This testimony is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith,
14 not giving heed to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn from the truth.
15 To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled. 16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.
2 v1 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine:

10. Pray that God may lead them to repentance and the knowledge of truth!

2 Timothy 2:25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,

Back