Debating Jehovahs Witnesses

If your ever in a discussion with a Jehovahs Witness, you can use these things to Prove using their own Bible, the New World Translation, that Jesus is God. Now the NWT is a false bible as it deceivingly hides many things like the deity of Christ. But here are a few tactics using their own bible to Prove otherwise.

TACTIC #1: Psalms 102:25-27 (NWT)
"Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth, And the heavens are the work of your hands. They will perish, but you will remain; Just like a garment they will all wear out. Just like clothing you will replace them, and they will pass away. But you are the same, and your years will never end."
Now, who is this scripture about? Jehovah right? It's saying Jehovahs immutable, unchangeable, the creator of All things. It couldn't be anyone else. Only Jehovah created All things and doesn't change right? Ok, now if you can, turn to Hebrews 1:6 (NWT)
6 But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.”
7 Also, he says about the angels: “He makes his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.”
8 BUT ABOUT THE SON, he says: “God is your throne forever and ever, and the scepter of your Kingdom is the scepter of uprightness.*
9 You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.”
10 AND (Still speaking about the Son-Jesus): “At the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the works of your hands.
11 They will perish, but you will remain; and just like a garment, they will all wear out,
12 and you will wrap them up just as a cloak, as a garment, and they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will never come to an end.”
And in the New World Translation there should be a little footnote that's says Psalm 102.
Psalm 102 is clearly about Jehovah. So why does the writer of Hebrews so plainly apply them to Jesus.

TACTIC #2: Let us look at the gospel of John. Here at the end of chapter 12, this is towards the end of Jesus' public ministry. And this is before the private ministry to the disciples. And verse 39...
39 The reason why they were not able to believe is that again Isaiah said:
40 “He has blinded their eyes and has made their hearts hard, so that they would not see with their eyes and understand with their hearts and turn around and I heal them.”
41 Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory, and he spoke about him.
Now I'm sure you've read that before, but have you ever stopped and asked yourself the question.
"...these things because he saw his glory." In the context, it's only Jesus. So when did Isaiah see Jesus' glory? Well, we just had a quotation so where's the citation from? From Isaiah chapter 6. You know Isaiah chapter 6 I'm sure. It's about the prophets vision of Jehovah sitting upon His throne...
6 In the year that King Uz·zi′ah died, I saw Jehovah sitting on a lofty and elevated throne, and the skirts of his robe filled the temple.
2 Seraphs were standing above him; each had six wings. Each covered his face with two and covered his feet with two, and each of them would fly about with two.
3 And one called to the other:
“Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of armies.The whole earth is filled with his glory.”
4 And the pivots of the thresholds quivered at the sound of the shouting, and the house was filled with smoke.
5 Then I said: “Woe to me!
I am as good as dead,
For I am a man of unclean lips,
And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of armies himself!”
The quotation from Isaiah 6 is from verse 10...
10 Make the heart of this people unreceptive, Make their ears unresponsive,And paste their eyes together,So that they may not see with their eyes and hear with their ears,So that their heart may not understand and they may not turn back and be healed.”
So do you see what John is saying in John chapter 12? When he said, Isaiah said these things because he saw His glory and spoke of Him.
If you asked Isaiah... "Isaiah? Who did you see in Isaiah chapter 6?" Isaiah's response would have been, YHWY. YHWY was sitting upon His throne lofty and lifted up.
But if you asked John, "Who did Isaiah see?" Johns answer, is Jesus. The one sitting upon the throne, is Jesus.

TACTIC #3: Revelation 1:7-8 in the New World Translation says that someone "is coming." Who? Verse 7 says it is someone who was "pierced." Who was it that was pierced when he was nailed up to die? Jesus! But verse 8 says that it is Jehovah God who "is coming." Could it be that there are two who are coming? No, as Verse 8 refers to "the One who... Is coming."
Revelation 1:8 states clearly that Jehovah God is the Alpha and Omega. Now note what he says at Revelation 22:12-13:
"Look! I am coming quickly... I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last..." So, Jehovah God is coming quickly. But notice the response when he says it again:
"'Yes; I am coming quickly." Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.'" (NWT)

TACTIC #4: Who is the "Lord" of Joel 2:32? It's Jehovah right? Since the "Lord" of Acts 2:21 was nailed to a cross, raised from the dead, and ascended to heaven, who, then, is this "Lord" of Acts 2:21? Obviously Jesus. Since Peter is quoting Joel 2:32 in Acts 2:21 as being fulfilled in Jesus Christ, what does it say about Jesus' True Identity?

Jesus is Jehovah Part 1
Jesus is Jehovah Part 2
Understanding the Cult of Jehovahs Witnesses

All done in a spirit of love and compassion, recognizing that they too, are facing an eternal consequence, just like you are. That they are worth loving, and caring for, just like you.

I know that's simplistic and not as detailed as the initial thread content, but it has been my experience (having dealt with and known personally on a regular basis, folks who are Jehovah's Witnesses) that meeting someone as a "someone" with brotherly affection and warmth, goes a long way to demonstrate what God can do in the life of a believer.

Where there is a dry well (realistically), we take the position that the Heavenly Father is more than capable of filling that well to overflowing!

-Soupy

I dont let them in the house...but I have heard that if you do find yourself in conversation with one, not to argue, but just to pray and ask them to pray with you. They wont object to prayer...then you let the holy spirit lead the prayer and give you the words to say.

Back