Deception within the church

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper
Deception within the church

Wisdom is better than weapons: but one sinner destroys much good(Ecclesiastes 9:18)
The word of God makes it clear that not everything preached within the walls of the church are truth. This may sound very disturbing. Jesus warned His disciples 13 times in the Gospels to be aware of leaders within the Church
Mat 7:15; 16:6,11; 24:4,24;
Mark 4:24; 8:15; 12:38-40; 13:5
Luke 12:1; 17:23; 20:46; 21:8

These last days are marked by current ever-increasing wickedness in the world, an almost total collapse of morality and increase of false believers and ministers within the church.

"Beloved, belive not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world." -1 John 4:1

Jeff

Thats right, test the spirit

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1

Jeff

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1

Jeff

Yes, we're told to try the spirits because not all of them are of God.
If a spirit is telling you something that is not backed up in the Word then it is a false spirit. :jesus-sign:
Willow99

Tongues

Yes, I so much agree...

I know that one of the lies in this Church age is you must speaks in Tongues to be saved or a sign of salvation...

If this post in inflammatory you can delete it, Jeff:D

I know there are some strong opinions on both sides of the camp...

I've studied Tongues in Scripture, and am convinced there is much confusion of this topic...

But I also witness that some people who speak in tongues are cold, un-loving, distant, rude, and even blasphemise...

While those that don't are opposite...

BTW I speak in tongues so I know it is a true gift...

I believe you shall know them by their fruits , not by their tongues...:D

Using God as a slot machine is one of the biggest lies in the church today. Someone actually told me " I gave now God owes me, I want my money. AAAARRRRHHHHH-
Mat 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

How about churches who speak the Truth but only half of it?
This is what I have trouble with~
Lacking in Truth; withholding Truth is the same as a falsehood, isn't it?

Or this one..."if you are suffering, or in trials, you are out of Gods will, or there must be sin in your life".

What about poor Job? Peter? Thomas? Timothy?

Some may withold- some may not that light to share- God knows the difference. To whom much is given much is required, if flip that coin to whom less is given less is required.

Or this one..."if you are suffering, or in trials, you are out of Gods will, or there must be sin in your life".

What about poor Job? Peter? Thomas? Timothy?

Yes, I have heard that one a few times. I often wondered if the people that speak these words do so only to build themselves up.
We are to seek the scriptures; the Truth~
I have been accused of a rebellious spirit because I question something I don't understand or want clarification on~

" You should be like us- look at everything we do"- it stinks of the flesh and must turn even heavens stomach.

" they don't believe like us" the must not be Christian and they don't love God's Word"- a major sign of immaturity.

another one is "wwjd?" that has always bothered me...it simplifies the great commission, and in my opinion, makes us less effective.

Praying to dead people, worshipping idols, putting people on pedastels.

Dead dry services with mnan in control.

We always did it that way so anything else is evil ( this can apply to music,teaching, clothes and on and on)

good thread.yes telling half truths is just as bad,the church should tell people more how to be saved.and why things has happened,lack of knowledge.

How would you tell someone how to find or know what the truth is?

It's different for every person & every subject. Some poeple only need to know that God loves them...others need everything layed out for them. This is where the HS comes in...He will tell you what to say, and how much to say. First, you have to be grounded in the Word of God, and be right before God. You have to know His voice.

Back