Decisions

Dusty

Inactive
Decisions

Luke 15:24

24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

Our decisions frequently affect our relationships with those closest to us .

Do you think that the prodigal’s decision had an effect on the father – son relationship ?

The decision that the son made was of his own free will and the father respected that decision . As we see in the culture of that day that sons never made a request to receive his inheritance while the father was still living . That was a huge insult to the father because the son in a sense considered the father as dead . The father’s inheritance was given after the father died.

We too in our life’s decisions have made wrong choices . I can look back in my own life and see those bad choices . Do we remain in them or do we ask our Father God for forgiveness ?

This young son did the unthinkable but he also came to his senses and realized the error of his ways - he stooped to the lowest point in his life after squandering all his money . He was cleaning pig pens .

Pig meat was considered unclean for Jews to eat ,In that day and time and pagans even persecuted Jews by forcing them to eat pork . For Jews , pigs represented paganism .

Sometimes we have to “ hit bottom “ so to speak as a wake up call . The son hit his lowest point , deciding to return to his father , even if he had to be a servant . He humbled himself and asked the father for forgiveness .

Father God is always there waiting for us to ask for forgiveness even when we do not deserve it .

The father in this story had compassion for his son and was longing to see him . Just the same as our Heavenly Father , loves us – forgives us , throws his arms around us and give us the finest robe to wear and a ring on our finger , and welcomes us into the family of God . We are accepted and forgiven
God’s love is never ending , patient and welcoming .He will reach out to us and give us opportunities to respond but He will not force us to come to Him . Like the father in this parable , God waits patiently for us to come to our senses .

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

I just have one request . In leu of all the threads that got closed : could you please be respectful of others and also stay on topic . Thanks and God Bless .

God’s love is never ending , patient and welcoming .He will reach out to us and give us opportunities to respond but He will not force us to come to Him . Like the father in this parable , God waits patiently for us to come to our senses .
^that's what I needed to hear! Thank you :)

every human is the prodical son.??????

This is true to a point Michael but we can change that by submitting to a loving Saviour and asking for forgiveness and asking Him to come into our lives and help us to be obedient to His Word and live right loving others as Jesus would .

I believe it did. What we do does affect others

Yes , i am sure it did in the natural but in the Spiritual when we are disobedient and do things our own way and go our own way and make wrong choices , ultimately it is us who suffers . Even when we confess and our Lord forgives and forgets , we have the consequences to pay down through our life for the wrong chioces that we made.

. Even when we confess and our Lord forgives and forgets , we have the consequences to pay down through our life for the wrong chioces that we made.
Occasionally we are delivered from them but yes most of the time we do suffer the consequences

Occasionally we are delivered from them but yes most of the time we do suffer the consequences

There are some things that we do get delivered from but I am thinking of other things that will probably not as when It projects on others , then it comes back to you . I can't tell you cause it is personal but the Lord knows and He does understand . I know I cannot be accountable for others reactions but when it is a son it is very hurting.

Thats why we need to stop and think, its not just us that will suffer. People don't know what they are talking about when they say, ''its ok to do whatever I want, I'm not hurting anyone else. Yes they are even if they don't realize it.

Thats why we need to stop and think, its not just us that will suffer. People don't know what they are talking about when they say, ''its ok to do whatever I want, I'm not hurting anyone else. Yes they are even if they don't realize it.

You are so right and I am praying that some day I will be able to talk to my son but right now he does not want to hear anything and just says " the past is the past and he does not want to talk about it . If only I can tell others how damaging it is , it will be worth it so they don't make the same mistake.

That is why the Lord led me to start this thread as decisions that we make in life do project onto others and do ultimately hurt them and you . So with the help of the Holy Spirit in our lives we can avoid these wrong decisions . That is why it is so important to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit . He will guide you into good choices.

At the time I was not serving the Lord .

Finally, I get to chime in on a thread hehe.

I agree, we need to stop and think. We do hurt people with our responses, and words. When a person says that it's okay to do whatever I want, I'm not hurting anyone. We not only hurt others, we hurt ourselves and our testimony when we act or respond in a non-christian way. I also believe that when you act that way you hurt your spirit and you loose heavenly rewards. Although you are still saved, you will loose in the rewards area. So, yes, there are consequences to your actions. In with the prodigal son when the Father did forgive the wayward son, it caused problems with the other son and Father as bitterness and hatred set in.

God bless,

Godbe4me

That's right Godbe4me .... Bitterness and hatred are a route cause of anger as we see in the other son who said his father never threw a party for him or honoured him . But what I am thinking also: we would have responded the same way ( at least I probably would have )

The father replied : My son you are always with me , and everything I have is yours" I think our Heavenly Father would have said " Your faithfulness is rewarded with an eternal home with Me " Well done good and faithful servant.

Our decisions frequently affect our relationships with those closest to us .

What effect do you think the son's rejection of his father had on their relationship ?

Luke 15 : 14 ..... After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need.

And how do you think this relates to our relationship with our Heavenly Father ?

I didn't have time to read this before...but tonight, I was able to. Wow. God sure does know how to speak to us when we need it, doesn't He?

Sometimes we have to “ hit bottom “ so to speak as a wake up call . The son hit his lowest point , deciding to return to his father , even if he had to be a servant . He humbled himself and asked the father for forgiveness .

Father God is always there waiting for us to ask for forgiveness even when we do not deserve it .

You are right. Last year...oh goodness, that was pretty hard. I was bitter, I used to insult others, I was angry, I had bitterness and unforgiveness. It wasn't until a friend ended the friendship because in the process of what was happening in my life, I was affecting her. And honestly, it really hurt me. I used to send her nasty emails saying how much she hurt me. I stopped going to church (for a year, actually), because my "friend" was there and it would be awkward for me. But God, well, He took my life and made it "beauty from ashes." Once I finally gave up MY life and gave it to God, he has been wonderful to me! He has taken that bitterness, that anger, that fear, he honestly got rid of it. Even though my friend and I aren't friends anymore, I have completely forgiven her. And I've let her know that! God is wonderful once you stop living for yourself and start living for God!

Amen Spinning .... That is an example of what anger can do .

It hurts God to see us carry on that way but it also take a wake up call to shake us out of our old habits and who better to do that than our loving Heavenly Father who is there with His arms open , ready to give us a big hug and forgive us and help us forgive others as well as ourselves . Truely His love is nerver ending . Praise God spinning ... we all have our bridges to cross and our hurtles to jump , but when we have God there with us nothing is impossible .

Back