Dusty

Inactive
Deep Calls To Deep

Psalm 42:7

7 Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.

Reading the whole chapter and singling out this verse , what do you think " Deep calls to Deep means " ?

I think that David was looking for a deeper relationship with God . And thinking about today we also should be searching for the same relationship with our heavenly Father .

But how can we have this relationship if we do not take the time to read His word and meditate on it and listen to what He has to say to us . ? How can we have a relationship in prayer if it is just a hurried one sided prayer about our wants . ? We need to have a prayer life as if we are talking to our best friend , because God calls us friend. But He just doesn't want one sided friendship . He wants us to listen to Him as well and hear what He has to say.

When we have a relationship with our friends we listen to what they have to say too ... so why can't it be the same way with our Heavenly Father .? He wants us to come into a deeper fellowship with Him .

I too am challenged this day to spend more time with Jesus because as we develope a deeper relationship with Him we will be preparing ourselves for what heaven will be like when we spend eternity with Him .

" Deep calls to Deep means " ?

I take this to mean that God wants an intimate relationship with his children. We are to stay in prayer with Him, staying in His word. God wants us to talk with Him the same way we talk to our best friends, take walks with God and talk with Him. Tell God of your dreams and desires, and, tell Him of your hurts and disappointments. We are not only His children; but, His friends. That's what I think He wants....An intimate relationship with all His children.

Godbe4me

" Deep calls to Deep means " ?

I take this to mean that God wants an intimate relationship with his children. We are to stay in prayer with Him, staying in His word. God wants us to talk with Him the same way we talk to our best friends, take walks with God and talk with Him. Tell God of your dreams and desires, and, tell Him of your hurts and disappointments. We are not only His children; but, His friends. That's what I think He wants....An intimate relationship with all His children.

Godbe4me

Amen .:)

I agree with the explanations mentioned above, and as a side note, the statement "deep calls unto deep" is one of my many favorite phrases in the Bible. it definitely stresses that what God is looking for is relationship and not religion

I agree with the explanations mentioned above, and as a side note, the statement "deep calls unto deep" is one of my many favorite phrases in the Bible. it definitely stresses that what God is looking for is relationship and not religion

Amen exactly . God desires to walk and talk with us . .... And not at a distance like that song says( He's watching in the distance ) but a closeness that is comforting .

1 Timothy 6:6
But godliness with contentment is great gain.

I understand "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls" to typify drowning (we have looked at drought in vs. 1-5). Everything seems to weigh down on us (perhaps we are overworked and stressed). The "deep" was often used in ancient days to typify chaos and disorder (see Jonah 2). He calls out to "God my Rock" in v.9 as something to cling too in the turbulent waters of his life.

How often we need the reminder that God is our Rock and that we should take time out to be with him and be led by still waters so that our souls can be restored (Ps.23)

God bless us as we learn together.

Back