Deliverance

Does anybody believe in deliverance (from addiction/sin)?

A lot of church teachings, suggest, or the consensus, seems to be, that, Christians will struggle forever, but God is with them/ loves them inspite of the addiction/sin.

God broke my addiction to cigarettes. I knew I should not be smoking but was too weak to quit on my own, after I tried and failed, I turned to God and asked for His intervention. From the time I said amen I had no desire for a cigarette. I believe God can and does deliver us from our sinful ways.
We must truly want the change, otherwise, God will not override our free will. I am living proof that He will indeed take away an addiction.

God broke my addiction to cigarettes. I knew I should not be smoking but was too weak to quit on my own, after I tried and failed, I turned to God and asked for His intervention. From the time I said amen I had no desire for a cigarette. I believe God can and does deliver us from our sinful ways.
We must truly want the change, otherwise, God will not override our free will. I am living proof that He will indeed take away an addiction.
Amazing testimony. When The Lord does it, you just know 🙏
My old pastor once told me that he'd worked with heroin addicts who had given that up easier than cigarettes.

They dont call it 'evil weed' for nothing

Smoking was my major 'thing' for most of my life.
One time, I asked my pastor to pray about it, and I swear, I actually forgot to smoke the next morning. Free at last...It lasted for approx one month before I started questioning whether it was a miracle. I caved, and went back to it for ten more years!
I weaned off to an e-cig a decade ago.

Just recently asked another 'man of God' to pray for that addiction to go, and it's gone!
Thank The Lord Almighty, I'm free at last!

I know for a fact The Lord delivers, believing He does is half the battle.

Good morning, Choose Life;

When you forgot to smoke the next morning is a small taste of anything God can do during the process to eliminate our vices.

The thing about quitting smoking is the lungs begin to heal faster than the eventual buildup of lungs deteriorating.

I'm glad you're behind the addiction of smokies.

God bless you, Choose Life.

Back