Devotional: Being Impatient Leads to Disappointments

godbe4me

Unavailable
Staff Member on LOA
Being Impatient Leads to Disappointments

Habakkuk 2:3
For the vision [is] yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

How many of you purchased something and realized you should have waited a little longer. Well a lot of us have made those types of decisions in life. I remember when I got my first car. I went to the dealership and saw what I thought was THE car. When I got home, I told my mother and step-father that I saw the car I want to get and I have my down payment. They both wanted to see the car to make sure it would be a good purchase for me. When my step-father started asking the salesperson questions he decided this was not the car for me and he told me to keep looking and that I would find another car and be patient. I thought to myself “he does not know what he is talking about. This car drives good and looks good.” Well, I made the decision to get the car anyway ignoring the advice given to me to “wait” “keep looking” “you will find another car” and “be patient.”

Within 6 months the first thing to go was the brakes and then the transmission. I thought to myself if I had only listened, if I had only waited.

This is the same thing God says to us when we seek a blessing from Him. Sometimes He says, “No.” Sometimes He says, “Yes” and sometimes He says to wait. But we must understand that if it is in God’s will, it will come in it’s appointed time. And, that time is the perfect time. The same way our parents can see what is a good thing or bad thing, our Father in Heaven can see eternity farther than our parents.

Prayer:
Father, teach us patience to wait upon You. Teach us to understand that You know best and You can see things that we cannot see. Help us to accept Your answer No if that’s the case. And help us to wait when the answer is “yes” or “wait.” In Jesus name we Pray…..AMEN

Back