did anybody lie to Jesus

Yes, they did, SC. But it's pounds to peanuts that He knew when they did.

What's more people still lie to Him today (including Believers).

- BM

No, I don't believe anyone could 'lie' to Jesus for He know all things....

The closest to a 'lie' could be Judas Iscarlot is my thoughts,but Jesus knew beforehand he would betray Him~

Mark 3:19
And Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him. And they went into a house.

Luke 6:16
Judas the son of James; and Judas Iscarlot who also became a traitor.

John 6:70-71
Jesus answered them, 'Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?

He spoke of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, for it was he who would betray Him, being of the twelve.

I think many have lied to Jesus, however, Jesus knows when someone is truthful or deceitful. He knows our hearts, and we can hide nothing from HIM. Praise His name:)

I think many have lied to Jesus, however, Jesus knows when someone is truthful or deceitful. He knows our hearts, and we can hide nothing from HIM. Praise His name:)

Amen to that! We can lie to Him, but He knows when we are, so it's foolish to try.

:smiley120:

i was wondering spiritually if any person could lie to him.ie the spirit of said person couldn,t lie.

even the demons did what he said,i would imagine they knew not to lie.?

In a manner of speaking, yes, they don't know how to lie if they are talking to Jesus. Because Jesus as a God, can see the heart:

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings
Jer 17:9-10

So it's useless to lie to Jesus. But demons, if they are not talking to Jesus or the Father, they would undoubtedly lie:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it
John 8:44

so they lie to the young,a bit like predators,can,t hunt the adults so prey on the youth.?

Your metaphor is biblically accurate Smelly!

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour
1 Pet 5:8

glad God brings them back from the depths.

Yes thanks be unto God for hearing our prayers:

Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.
Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications
Psalm 130:1-2

Incidentally that line was used in the movie The Sixth Sense :smiley90:

COLE: De profundis clamo ad te, domine.

Back