Did Jesus Died On Good Friday And Rose Early Sunday Morning?

Brother Paul,

Post #128 is my post, but I don't see what your post #129 has to do with it? I wonder if you might explain why you think that it does?

Again I must apologize to you B o C, but I do not mind, humility is a good thing. It was post 125 where I thought (and I may be incorrect) that AB was implying this meant a Wednesday evening crucifixion...whatever day (and I believe the afternoon of the sixth day) is was in between the 6th to 9th hour of the daylight portion (see Morning in verse 1). He replied that this was not the case, which is fine with me....I misunderstood why he even said it and still in the context of the conversation cannot for the life of me figure what his point was, but that aside, I still have gotten no sensible answer to this simple question. If after "3 days and 3 nights" in literal, then on what day did He rise...the third or the fourth? He says on the third but lets do the math

1st day + 1st night, then 2nd day + 2nd night, and then 3rd day + third night "in the heart of the earth...yet he says he agrees He rose ON the Third day....now let me get this straight

He was "in the heart of the earth" the entire 3rd of the days and 3rd of the nights...

but He also rose ON THE third day....

Is this not a blatant contradiction? Can one have it both ways? I think not. Do others see this?

Okay so...Lets not use Roman terms...in the morning they decided to kill Him, later that day (around 6th hour of the morning/daylight portion they crucified Him, the darkness fell and he hung there till He died around the 9th hour of the morning/daylight portion of day one (rising ON the third of the 3 days). He was also buried on this selfsame first of the three days. So not in the heart of the earth the entire 1st of the three days...but indeed put into the heart of the earth on this very day...

brother Paul

Last edited:
Bro.tan,

re: "Did Jesus refer to his death in the afternoon or night?"

I don't think scripture says if it was in the afternoon or in the night when he talked to His disciples about His death.

Jesus said in (Matthew 12:38) Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Jesus said in (Matthew 12:38) Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

So Bro Tan what is your verdict? If He was in the heart of the earth 3 full days and three full nights, what day did He rise? Third or fourth? Please just answer simply?

So Bro Tan what is your verdict? If He was in the heart of the earth 3 full days and three full nights, what day did He rise? Third or fourth? Please just answer simply?
Well if he answered this simple question, then all this complex nonsense would be exposed for what it is... This guy cannot defend anything he tries to affirm.. His doctrines are all error and the product of the carnal and religious mind that should be crucified.

Love this quote from Justin Martyr who died for his faith...

Justin as far as I can find, as history has revealed, when he came to Christ, was schooled by the Bishops of Palestine (the first ten were biological relatives of Jesus)...now therefore he was not a Roman Catholic and their so called "denomination" did not even exist at the time. He wrote 100's of years before Constantine so anyone who accuses such is not telling the truth (that should be a key).

When Justin was a preacher in the early to mid-2nd century, he was preaching to a community of pagan members of the Roman Empire and to Jewish leaders who still had not believed Jesus was the Christ (Messiah). So he writes in terms they will relate to and understand. So when he says to them, "For He was crucified on the day before that of Saturn (Saturday); and on the day after that of Saturn, which is the day of the Sun, having appeared to His apostles and disciples, He taught them these things, which we have submitted to you also for your consideration" he is not supporting the exoneration of planets or attesting the Roman names for the days are the correct names compared to scripture, but his point is clear.

Now you must understand that he was referring to this second point casually (it was not his purpose) in a discussion of which day we were instructed by the Apostles to gather for corporate worship. This second point being that he mentions His crucifixion as being the day before Saturday...that is on the day portion of the day we call Friday which was the morning portion of what the Jews called the 6th day (our Thurs eve to our Fri afternoon)

Why would such a righteous defender of the faith taught by such men so well acquainted with the autographs (original writings) and the direct teachings of the Apostles, teach him this if it was a lie? That makes no sense at all. There is zero, zilch, evidence to so accuse the man.

brother Paul

Well if he answered this simple question, then all this complex nonsense would be exposed for what it is... This guy cannot defend anything he tries to affirm.. His doctrines are all error and the product of the carnal and religious mind that should be crucified.

Such a evil heart you have

Such a evil heart you have
My heart is pure and God is well pleased with me:D

I suggest you are trying to judge me according to the darkness that is in you.

Mt 6:2 "Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.
3 "But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 "that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.
5 ¶ "And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men.:eek: Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

Mt 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

My heart is pure and God is well pleased with me:D

I suggest you are trying to judge me according to the darkness that is in you.

Mt 6:2 "Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.
3 "But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 "that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly.
5 ¶ "And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men.:eek: Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward.

Mt 6:23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

In the scriptures its written in Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts. 21:16 The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.

How can He be in the earth a full day and raise that same day? That's silly

Jesus said in Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

In the scriptures its written in Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts. 21:16 The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead.
Well I would not say that you are completely dead, there is hope for repentance but your religion is filled with death.

Jesus said in Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Mt 7:1 ¶ "Judge not, that you be not judged.
2 "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
3 "And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?
4 "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye?
5 "Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Back