Did Jesus lay down his life willingly or out of obedience to the Father?

Did Jesus lay down his life willingly or out of obedience to the Father?

Not a trick question but I have my own thoughts about this. I am hoping to gain some needed insite into what others think concerning Christ's crucifixion. You are a great group of believers and I do believe there is much wisdom that can be tapped into here. I never hold my own view as the final view but am very much open to grow and learn, of course with the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the scriptures to confirm things.

I currently believe Jesus Christ gave his life willingly a willing sacrifice and a perfect sacrifice. The supreme, perfected and willing sacrifice done once for all and for all time.

I have more on this view but no time now please weigh in your thoughts on this if you don't mind.
:liturgy:

I, too, believe God willingly sacrificed Himself on the cross when He was here as Jesus Christ. God is unlike any other "deity", because unlike others whom people worship, God actually cares for us. He does not require us to do anything other than what He has told us clearly in His word.

That is what I like about God - because He always fulfills His promises. God willingly sacrificed Himself because He knew that we could never reach salvation by continually sacrificing innocent animals. Imagine all of the animals that would have to be slain for all of the sins of this world. It would be to many. God cares for all His creation, not just one part of it.

Willingly indeed. Jesus did not take one step where the Holy Spirit didn't lead Him and never spoke one Word that He did't hear the Father speak.
He was the perfect expression of the Father's will and dl;ighted in pleasing Him.

Not a trick question but I have my own thoughts about this. I am hoping to gain some needed insite into what others think concerning Christ's crucifixion. You are a great group of believers and I do believe there is much wisdom that can be tapped into here. I never hold my own view as the final view but am very much open to grow and learn, of course with the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the scriptures to confirm things.

I currently believe Jesus Christ gave his life willingly a willing sacrifice and a perfect sacrifice. The supreme, perfected and willing sacrifice done once for all and for all time.

I have more on this view but no time now please weigh in your thoughts on this if you don't mind.
:liturgy:

Hebrews
5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and
supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able
to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things​
which he suffered;
5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation​
unto all them that obey him;

Back