Did Jesus Restore Lost Legs Eyes Etc?

Did Jesus Restore Lost Legs Eyes Etc?

Matthew 15:30 Greek kai; prosh'lqon aujtw'/ o~cloi polloi; e~conteß meqj eJautw'n cwlouvß, tuflouvß, kullouvß, kwfouvß, kai; eJtevrouß pollouvß, kai; e~rriyan aujtou;ß para; tou;ß povdaß aujtou', kai; ejqeravpeusen aujtouvß:

Matthew 15:30 English Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them the lame, blind, mute, and He healed them.

Now to me it is possible that Jesus and Jesus only performed miracles of the order of regrowing lost body parts.

Love

ALAN

I believe this.
Many will use the lack of this type of healing against Christianity, to doubt God.

It's hard to say as the Apostles raised the dead also. Perhaps we have not yet come into the maturity of faith to do the " greater works than these".

Boy, Greek transliteration doesn’t work onsite, if that's the best it can do.

My mental picture has not included actual limbs being replaced under the rubric of divine healing, but this might say more against my mental picture than your suggestion.

What I would argue is that whatever Jesus could do, so can his followers.

to me lame in them days was could not walk etc.never read it as limbs.we will see the lies at the end.and all truth.

To say that Jesus is a member of deity is safer, I think, than the blunt “Jesus is God”. Your direct textual support is about 7-10 NT texts, but they always have an immediate context showing it is not his exclusive title. Indeed it needs qualification, since there was a time when Jesus was not.

In fact the name 'Jesus' showed a new mode of existence, namely an incarnational, and Jesus did not heal by virtue of his deity, but as a pattern of obedient humanity. Eg he cast out demons by the finger/spirit of God. Divine healing came through prophets before him, and continues through mere mortals today. I see no ground to fall back on cessationism that rules in miracles for Jesus (because he was God) and rules out subsequent miracles (because we are not God).

The works Jesus did, he expected his followers to do.

To say that Jesus is a member of deity is safer, I think, than the blunt “Jesus is God”. Your direct textual support is about 7-10 NT texts, but they always have an immediate context showing it is not his exclusive title. Indeed it needs qualification, since there was a time when Jesus was not.

In fact the name 'Jesus' showed a new mode of existence, namely an incarnational, and Jesus did not heal by virtue of his deity, but as a pattern of obedient humanity. Eg he cast out demons by the finger/spirit of God. Divine healing came through prophets before him, and continues through mere mortals today. I see no ground to fall back on cessationism that rules in miracles for Jesus (because he was God) and rules out subsequent miracles (because we are not God).

The works Jesus did, he expected his followers to do.

Ho Theos = Most High God
Heb 1:8
(ACV) But toward the Son, Thy throne, O God, is into the age of the age. The scepter of thy kingdom is a scepter of straightness.
(ALT) on the other hand to the Son [He says], "Your throne, O God, [is] into the age of the age [fig., forever and ever]; a scepter of integrity [is] the scepter of Your kingdom.
(AUV-NT) But God says [this] about the Son [Psa. 97:7], "Your throne [i.e. kingdom], O God [Note: This term here is applied to Jesus], will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter [i.e., the standard for ruling] of your kingdom.
(ASV) but of the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever; And the sceptre of uprightness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
(BBE) But of the Son he says, Your seat of power, O God, is for ever and ever; and the rod of your kingdom is a rod of righteousness.
(Bishops) But vnto the sonne [he sayth] Thy seate O God, [shalbe] for euer and euer: The scepter of thy kyngdome [is] a scepter of ryghteousnesse.
(CEV) But God says about his Son, "You are God, and you will rule as King forever! Your royal power brings about justice.
(CENT) But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of your kingdom.
(Complete Apostles' Bible) But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
(Darby) but as to the Son, Thy throne, O God, is to the age of the age, and a sceptre of uprightness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
(DRB) But to the Son: Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of justice is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
(EMTV) But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
(ESV) But of the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
(Geneva) But vnto the Sonne he saith, O God, thy throne is for euer and euer: the scepter of thy kingdome is a scepter of righteousnes.
(GNB) About the Son, however, God said: "Your kingdom, O God, will last forever and ever! You rule over your people with justice.
(GNT)πρὸς δὲ τὸν υἱόν· ὁ θρόνος σου, ὁ Θεός, εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα τοῦ αἰῶνος· ῥάβδος εὐθύτητος ἡ ῥάβδος τῆς βασιλείας σου.
(GNT-BYZ+)προς4314 PREP δε1161 CONJ τον3588 T-ASM υιον5207 N-ASM ο3588 T-NSM θρονος2362 N-NSM σου4771 P-2GS ο3588 T-NSM θεος2316 N-NSM εις1519 PREP τον3588 T-ASM αιωνα165 N-ASM του3588 T-GSM αιωνος165 N-GSM ραβδος4464 N-NSF ευθυτητος2118 N-GSF η3588 T-NSF ραβδος4464 N-NSF της3588 T-GSF βασιλειας932 N-GSF σου4771 P-2GS

(GNT-TR+)προς4314 PREP δε1161 CONJ τον3588 T-ASM υιον5207 N-ASM ο3588 T-NSM θρονος2362 N-NSM σου4771 P-2GS ο3588 T-NSM θεος2316 N-NSM εις1519 PREP τον3588 T-ASM αιωνα165 N-ASM του3588 T-GSM αιωνος165 N-GSM ραβδος4464 N-NSF ευθυτητος2118 N-GSF η3588 T-NSF ραβδος4464 N-NSF της3588 T-GSF βασιλειας932 N-GSF σου4771 P-2GS
(GNT-WH+)προς4314 PREP δε1161 CONJ τον3588 T-ASM υιον5207 N-ASM ο3588 T-NSM θρονος2362 N-NSM σου4771 P-2GS ο3588 T-NSM θεος2316 N-NSM εις1519 PREP τον3588 T-ASM αιωνα165 N-ASM | [του3588 T-GSM αιωνος]165 N-GSM | του3588 T-GSM αιωνος165 N-GSM | και2532 CONJ η3588 T-NSF ραβδος4464 N-NSF της3588 T-GSF ευθυτητος2118 N-GSF ραβδος4464 N-NSF της3588 T-GSF βασιλειας932 N-GSF | αυτου846 P-GSM | σου4771 P-2GS |
(GSB) aber von dem Sohn: «Dein Thron, o Gott, währt von Ewigkeit zu Ewigkeit. Das Zepter deines Reiches ist ein gerades Zepter;
(GW) But God said about his Son, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter in your kingdom is a scepter for justice.

(HNT)
ולבן אמר כסאך אלהים עולם ועד שבט מישר שבט מלכותך׃

(ICE) En um soninn: Hásæti þitt, ó Guð, er um aldir alda, og sproti réttvísinnar er sproti ríkis þíns.
(ISV) But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the scepter of your kingdom is a righteous scepter.
(JPS)
(KJ2000) But unto the Son he says, Your throne, O God, is forever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom.

(KJV+TVM) But1161 unto4314 the Son5207 he saith , Thy4675 throne2362, O God2316, is for1519 ever165 and ever165: a sceptre4464 of righteousness2118 is the sceptre4464 of thy4675 kingdom932.
(KJV+) But1161 unto4314 the3588 Son5207hesaith, Thy4675 throne,2362 O God,2316is forever and ever:1519, 165, 165 a scepter4464 of righteousness2118is the3588 scepter4464 of thy4675 kingdom.932(KJV-1611) But vnto the Sonne, he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for euer and euer: a scepter of righteousnesse is the scepter of thy kingdome.
(KJVA) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
(KJVR) But unto the Son hesaith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.
(LITV) but as to the Son, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom;
(LONT) But to the Son, "Thy throne, O God, endures for ever. The scepter of thy kingdom is a scepter of rectitude.
(MKJV) But to the Son He says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
(Murdock) But of the Son he said: Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever; a righteous sceptre is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
(Rev. Webster+) But1161 to4314 the Son5207he saith, Thy4675 throne2362, O God2316, is for1519 ever165 and ever165: a sceptre4464 of righteousness2118is the sceptre4464 of thy4675 kingdom932.
(RYLT-NT) and unto the Son: 'Your throne, O God, is to the age of the age; a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your reign;
(RV) but of the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever; And the sceptre of uprightness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
(TRC) But unto the son he saith: God thy seat shall be(thy seat endureth) for ever, and ever. The sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
(The Scriptures '98+) But to the Son He says, "Your throne, O Elohim, is forever and ever, a sceptre of straightness is the sceptre of Your reign.
(TCNT) while of the Son he said-- 'God is thy throne for ever and ever; The scepter of his Kingdom is the scepter of Justice;
(Tyndale) But vnto the sonne he sayth: God thy seate shalbe forever and ever. The cepter of thy kyngdome is a right cepter.
(UPDV) but of the Son [he says], Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; And the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
(Vulgate) ad Filium autem thronus tuus Deus in saeculum saeculi et virga aequitatis virga regni tui
(Webster) But to the Son, he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of thy kingdom.
(WmsNT) But regarding the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, will stand forever and ever; a righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.
(WNT) But of His Son, He says, "THY THRONE, O GOD, IS FOR EVER AND FOR EVER, AND THE SCEPTRE OF THY KINGDOM IS A SCEPTRE OF ABSOLUTE JUSTICE.
(WORNT) but to the Son, "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever; the sceptre of thy kingdom is a sceptre of righteousness:
(WTNT) But unto the son he saith: God thy seat shall be for ever, and ever. The sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.
(WycliffeNT) But to the sone he seith, God, thi trone is in to the world of world; a yerde of equite is the yerde of thi rewme;
(YLT) and unto the Son: `Thy throne, O God, is to the age of the age; a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy reign;

I do agree with your statement that we can do what Jesus did. His Spirit is inside us and as we walk in faith we may see the " greater works than these" Jesus promised His followers.

Hi,

The came to him and he healed them ALL Jesus is GOD and was not limited.

Alan
Alan I find it interesting that at times like you mentioned above Jesus healed all and at others He simply went to specific people. Any thoughts on that.

Dear Larry,

We are sooooooooo blessed by your ministry here:dance::D:read::guitar::heart:

I don't know how you know all these things, but we sure need\love you here... I'm sure I speak for everyone... I learn so much by you...

May you be GREATLY BLESSED by all your Holy Spirit led endevors, this year...

May you PROSPER in every way you so desire, that you may PROSPER others, in every GIFT you have...

May every problem you encounter this year be overcome by the POWER of the LOVE and WORD of God...:dance::dance::dance:

Amen

[FONT=&quot]Boan[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Ah, yes, Heb.1:8 is one of the 10 texts I alluded to, although one of the least secure, in that one must ask what the OT text meant to its original audience. Did it function as a monarchy title, even as Solomon was Yahweh’s son? I really do not see why e-Sword (?) has been thrown at my comment. Incidentally ho theos does not say “most high God”.[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]Like you, let’s move on. My other point was against saying such as “Jesus was God, he added limbs; we are not God, we do not add limbs.” I argue that he functioned as a human being, a pattern for us to work the same kind of miracles. Your Q is a good one, perhaps finding resolution along the lines of John’s sēmeion.[/FONT]​

First let me say that Those scriptures were not thrown at you. This is a public forum and some of our readers are simply not well versed enough in the Word and can take misleading statements like that at face value. Please understand that there is nothing personal in this. And as I have already stated I agree that we can do the things Jesus did and more according to His promise as we move in fatih.
Many blessings in His Name, your brother Larry.

Theos with the definite article does indeed mean most high God.
G2316
θεός
theos
theh'-os
Of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with G3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively a magistrate; by Hebraism very: - X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

Matthew 15:30 Greek kai; prosh'lqon aujtw'/ o~cloi polloi; e~conteß meqj eJautw'n cwlouvß, tuflouvß, kullouvß, kwfouvß, kai; eJtevrouß pollouvß, kai; e~rriyan aujtou;ß para; tou;ß povdaß aujtou', kai; ejqeravpeusen aujtouvß:

Matthew 15:30 English Then great multitudes came to Him, having with them the lame, blind, mute, and He healed them.

Now to me it is possible that Jesus and Jesus only performed miracles of the order of regrowing lost body parts.

Love

ALAN

Beloved of the Lord,

John 21:25
Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written.

I believe Jesus can restore missing limbs, in the days He walked the Earth...

Perhaps, instead of a instant limb growth, limbs grew alittle everyday, by that time He was off to another village...

As I read the scriptures I am aware that we are reading a Readers Digest version... Of the actual events...

I'm afraid it's a matter of basic Greek, Boan. Put it another way, what is the difference between ho theos and tou theou tou hupsistou?

I'm not sure that my post was a "misleading statement", but to address it by a plethora of EVV on a given text, especially ignoring the exegetical QQQ, might not be the best way to make a point. Still, that is part of your role as a Mod.

Yes, I noted your agreement, but wished to re-underline my point on the deity thing for others to respond to too.

Did you find my mention of the sēmeion helpful? D A Carson's commentary of John is good on this.

Alot of you would be surprised to see what goes on in 3rd world countries. God does things differently in diffrent places. For example. I was listening to a radio program one day and they were talking about the explosion of the Chinese underground Christian Church. The #1 reason for people comming to Christ there was because of the miracles. They have been healing people, making blind people see and even resurrecting people from the dead. I Do believe that these things still happen. Jesus said thatr we would still be able to do these things according to your faith you could have the ability to do as he did.

Back