Did Jesus say that?

Jesus said: ‘It’s none of your business when God will take action or how; it is not your place to worry about what God will do.’

Acts 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Jesus Said: ‘Don’t worry about what the guy next to you is doing; DO what I told YOU to do.’

John 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.

Jesus said: ‘Why are you questioning me about the law of Moses when you already know what it says?’

Matthew 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, (Mark 10:3)

Jesus Said: ‘So you are a preacher (Pastor, Evangelist, “Christian”…) and you don’t understand (or believe) what the Word of God has to say?’

John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

This is a thread to post some of your favorite scripture nuggets on how we would think Jesus intimately responds to people. This thread is not meant to turn into a doctrinal discussion on any particular passage of scripture....

What are some of your favorite scripture nuggets and how do you perceive them?

Last edited:
Jesus said.....

John 5:30.. "I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me. (ESV)

If Jesus could do nothing on his own, what makes us think we can?

Jesus said.....

John 5:30.. "I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me. (ESV)

If Jesus could do nothing on his own, what makes us think we can?

Interesting thought.....

How about this Old Testament goody:

Joshua 5:13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

14 And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

15 And the captain of the Lord's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

I don't want to debate whether or not this is Christ speaking; that's not the point. The point is I believe He is saying:

'I am not for the death of any, but for life: I am here at the bidding of my Father (God) not to destroy the Amorites, but to establish my Kingdom presence on This Earth using the people of Israel.'

Back