Did You Know ?????

Dusty

Inactive
Did You Know ?????

As I was reading this morning in Romans 6: 16-18 ...... Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
17But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you wholeheartedly obeyed the form of teaching to which you were entrusted. 18You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness....

The question arises ---- Do I know that as I present my body as a living sacrifice that I am an obedient slave --- a servant who willingly loves and obeys my " Master" , but who also wants to serve out of love in my heart for Him.

For example in a marriage relationship : wife and husband want to do things for each other out of love no matter if it is something they don't like... eg...... like going to a restaurant to please the other , even if it is not their choice of cuisine. .

Same thing applies in our spiritual lives . If we love Jesus we will want to please Him . We do it not because we are literal slaves as we think of the word slave but because we want to please and serve Him.

The question that arises from this verse we can become a slave to sin if we let little things creep into our lives, without even realizing . So we must ask " Who is our Master" ? We can serve Christ or we can serve sin . If sin is our master it will use you , oppress you and eventually destroy you . If we choose sin by giving into to it ---- it will control us .

But on the other hand if we choose righteousness as our master it will liberate us and give us life. You see , bottom line it is up to us ..... it is left for us to choose .

In this passage the freedom is from the "Power " of sin and again the choice is left to us .

Choose freedom in Christ not sin and death .
:israel::israel::israel::shepherd::shepherd:

Back