Differences in Ministry

1st Corinthians 12:4-6
It's interesting to me how in this passage - Paul helps us to understand the "Programs" and "Assignments" of each piece of the Trinity.....

The Holy Spirit provides the individual, specific gifts and abilities of each one.
Jesus (the Lord) provides the execution, direction, and guidance for the individual Services (Ministries) using these gifts and abilities...
God, The Father manages the "Big Picture" - The "Activities" - the Integration of all of the the multiple ministries and services....

Notice, though, that they are perfectly coordinated within this....
Jesus subordinates to The Father's "Big Picture" - but The Father has given the full responsibility and authority for the "Execution" of this into Jesus' hands....
We see the same with The Spirit and Jesus... The Spirit is responsible for the guidance, training, and abilities of each individual... While Jesus is "In charge" of execution of the specific Services supporting the "Big Picture" - the Spirit is the one equipping each individual within that ministry so that they can achieve Jesus planned result and thus The Father's planned result....

We are the ones who make the mistake that "I will not subordinate, for that demeans me"... Satan's error....

Here's an example...
Evangelism....
"The Prophet" declares the God's purpose, need, and timing for the evangelism.
"The Administrator" coordinates the legwork so that the evangelism can happen as planned
"The Helpers" get all the legwork done
"The Evangelist" Evangelizes...
God provides the increase

Notice, through Subordination to God's model - every one is doing THEIR part and not clogging up the works trying to do everybody else's part....

I find it interesting that when we read about Jesus here on earth, we are actually reading about God the Father, God the Son, and God Holy Spirit all working together in unity to bring about salvation for man. God's Word is his body, and contained within that body dwells all the fullness of the God head. The Father was in the Son reconciling the world unto himself, and that Word (Body) was anointed with the Holy Spirit. There is no way the Holy Spirit can speak to us without Jesus Speaking to us as the Holy Spirit only speaks what he hears. When Jesus speaks he only speaks what he hears the Father say, as Jesus is the Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. When one speaks they all speak. We are now the body of Christ (God's body), and God is still working in the same way he operated through Jesus. If we do not speak what we hear the Father say, and do the things we see the Father do, than nothing is going to happen as Christ in us is still doing his Father will anointed by His Spirit.

Back