Different ethnicities in CFS...

So there's a lot of us obviously from different countries across the globe - I would be interested to know what the different ethnicities are OR if you are blessed with knowing how to speak in another language/s (and no I'm not talking about speaking in tongues:D)

So I guess I'll start. Lol.

My dad has Samoan, Solomon Island and Chinese genes. My mum has Samoan, Tokelauan and Scottish genes. Well the result is that I'm mixed with those cultures lol and I also speak Samoan fluently :)

What say you??

My dad is from England, My mom Holland. I live in South Africa, so I speak English, Afrikaans, bit of French and a bit of Zulu / Xhosa / Sotho. Knowing Afrikaans has helped me to grasp much German and Dutch.... and ironically speak French better as it is a softer version of Dutch / Frenched down version.

I have married a Portuguese lady but sadly she knows only a few words.

My progenitors come from mainly the British Isles, including some Scottish and Southern England, although there is some amicable family controversies there.

As far as languages, I struggled through attempts at learning several European languages including Spanish, French and German. Little of that knowledge remains.

However, there are more "languages" in which I became proficient and made a living: BASIC, COBOL, Fortran, Pascal, Ada, Jovial, Lisp, Modula 2, Prolog, C, C++, SQL, Java, several scripting languages, etc.

So there's a lot of us obviously from different countries across the globe - I would be interested to know what the different ethnicities are OR if you are blessed with knowing how to speak in another language/s (and no I'm not talking about speaking in tongues:D)

So I guess I'll start. Lol.

My dad has Samoan, Solomon Island and Chinese genes. My mum has Samoan, Tokelauan and Scottish genes. Well the result is that I'm mixed with those cultures lol and I also speak Samoan fluently :)

What say you??
Well, my wife and are from the great "Promised Land" of northern Alabama.

I had 3 years of education in Spanish and today the only words I know are taco, burrito, and agua.

I do however speak fluent southern Dixie English.

My great, great grandfather was a Major in the Confederate army.

My dad is from England, My mom Holland. I live in South Africa, so I speak English, Afrikaans, bit of French and a bit of Zulu / Xhosa / Sotho. Knowing Afrikaans has helped me to grasp much German and Dutch.... and ironically speak French better as it is a softer version of Dutch / Frenched down version.

I have married a Portuguese lady but sadly she knows only a few words.
Awesome :) I have to say, I'm very encouraged by your South African rugby team in how they always pray before and after a game - not afraid to show who they stand for and believe!

My progenitors come from mainly the British Isles, including some Scottish and Southern England, although there is some amicable family controversies there.

As far as languages, I struggled through attempts at learning several European languages including Spanish, French and German. Little of that knowledge remains.

However, there are more "languages" in which I became proficient and made a living: BASIC, COBOL, Fortran, Pascal, Ada, Jovial, Lisp, Modula 2, Prolog, C, C++, SQL, Java, several scripting languages, etc.
Very talented and blessed.

Well, my wife and are from the great "Promised Land" of northern Alabama.

I had 3 years of education in Spanish and today the only words I know are taco, burrito, and agua.

I do however speak fluent southern Dixie English.

My great, great grandfather was a Major in the Confederate army.
Lol @ taco, burrito and agua :D

What kind of accent is the "southern Dixie English"?

And nice re: your great grandfather. I thought you would have also served as a Major in the Army.

My family came to American in 1633 on the Ship Elizabeth from Piedmont, Italy (now France) via Baden-Baden, Germany, via Amsterdam, Netherlands. I've learned High Prussian (forgotten most of it), Italian - replaced with Spanish (Castellano) because I married a Spaniard. I can read French and understand listening to Portuguese. I'm learning biblical Hebrew and Greek. I know several computer languages (favorites are PowerShell and .net) including HTML and Javascript.

My family came to American in 1633 on the Ship Elizabeth from Piedmont, Italy (now France) via Baden-Baden, Germany, via Amsterdam, Netherlands. I've learned High Prussian (forgotten most of it), Italian - replaced with Spanish (Castellano) because I married a Spaniard. I can read French and understand listening to Portuguese. I'm learning biblical Hebrew and Greek. I know several computer languages (favorites are PowerShell and .net) including HTML and Javascript.
Amazing. Great historical facts - thanks for sharing bro.

Lol @ taco, burrito and agua :D

What kind of accent is the "southern Dixie English"?

And nice re: your great grandfather. I thought you would have also served as a Major in the Army.

Southern Dixie English is the ability to say "Yall come back now" and actually mean it. And of course the liberal use of "Bless your heart".

I served in the Army but not as a major. The real problem in the Civil war was that the south made officers of men who owned the most land in a certain area. My great, great grandfather was one of those as he owned 4000 acres in what came to be know today as "Battle Ground".
It is the area about 25 miles northeast from Cullman Al. Several battles took place there and also north of there in "Burn Out" Al.

His original home still stands on top of a hill looking down on the Tennessee River Valley but only 1 acre is left of the original amount.

Quel grand fil!

Nu ben ik toevallig spreekt vele talen als deze thread is geschreven in 5.
ich lernte sie ganz in meiner eigenen Zeit vor vielen Jahren
私は他の人たちにこの言語コンテストで私を負かすように挑んでいます。
Dacă aveţi dificultăţi de traducere a acestei, te pot ajuta.
Seu, o gerente técnico

¡Adiós! damas y caballeros.

(P.S. I speak 5 languages fluently). ;)

Quel grand fil!

Seu, o gerente técnico

"Taco"!!!

Quel grand fil!

Seu, o gerente técnico

Lets say I had to 'google translate' what you wrote lol very awesome bro!

Back