Different Types Of Christianity!

Different Types Of Christianity!

Hi everyone,

I am just curious to what you think about all the different types of Christianity. Yes they all belive in the same core values about repenting your sins and following Jesus Christ as saviour but what about churches such as the Episcopal church who actually has gay ministers.

I am a new Christian again (Yes I have committed to the Lord and have repented my sins!) but I would like to know the differences with all these different Christian groups and if you think they are all going to heaven or not.

Thanks! :)

Hi everyone,

I am just curious to what you think about all the different types of Christianity. Yes they all believe in the same core values about repenting your sins and following Jesus Christ as savior but what about churches such as the Episcopal church who actually has gay ministers.

I am a new Christian again (Yes I have committed to the Lord and have repented my sins!) but I would like to know the differences with all these different Christian groups and if you think they are all going to heaven or not.

Thanks! :)

Hello Caveman,

Personally, I leave that up to God. When you get into all those different denominations it becomes rather confusing.

I am not affiliated with any one said denomination so I can neither stand up for anyone nor criticize another. I was raised in the Seventh-Day Adventist church so that is my only experiences with denominational teachings.

I believe it is God's decision on our salvation, etc.

Love,

NTG

rule 3.2a

Topics mentioned in the OP can prove to be controversial. The moderator staff will monitor this thread closely and reserves the right to issue warning and or bans as stated in “rule 3.2a” as follows:

3.2a Agenda driven topics have always sparked heated arguments and will be VERY CLOSELY monitored by Forum Staff. Warnings and or bans will be issued at the discretion of Forum Staff. Examples of agenda topics that will not be allowed include: homosexuality/gay rights, denominational bashing etc. The staff will use their discretion and if any member creates an agenda based topic not specifically mentioned above they will be informed by the staff and the thread deleted.

One thing to remember is that the church is the body of Christ....Christ being the head and foundation of the church. If anything else gets in the way of that then a heart check may be in order. Its not so much important what denomination we are but rather that we follow Jesus and love one another. If we do that then we need not worry.

Now if we are concerned if another denomintion is going to heaven or not well then just pray and let God handle that, He is more then able:) And we just continue to love.

"Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4:1-6

so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. I Corinthians 12:25

Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment. 11 For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe’s people, that there are quarrels among you. 12 Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, “I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” 13 Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one would say you were baptized in my name. 16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I do not know whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void. I Corinthians 1:10-17

Therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God. Romans 15:7

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires," II Timothy 4:3

For if someone comes along and preaches another Jesus than the one we preached, or should you receive a different spirit from the one you received or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you are all too willing to listen. II Corinthians 11:4

But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. II Peter 2:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world... I John 4:1

For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. I Corinthians 3:11

God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:24

Spirit and Truth

In the unity of the Spirit and in the unity of the Truth

But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! Galatians 1:8

No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. II Corinthians 11:14

In the Spirit and in the Truth, how important this is. Without faith it is impossible to please Him; one must be born again of the Spirit in order to offer God the worship He desires; the only kind that pleaes Him.

and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. Ephesians 5:2

A Song of Ascents, of David. Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brothers to dwell together in unity! Psalm 133:1

Let love of the brethren continue. Hebrews 13:1

Back