Difficulty Intepreting Dreams and Applying Them?

Hi all! So I've had two dreams for the past few months. I can't understand them at all to save my life. If anyone has a prophetic gifting from God, would you mind helping me out with the interpretation? I would really appreciate any insight. Sometimes, I'm able to interpret dreams. Other times, I'm not able to at all.

First, I'd like to know how exactly one could interpret a modern dream? Like a dream involving technology, such as ipads and high heels, since it's not specifically listed in the bible? (Yes, my dreams name both of those items). I would really like some more insight on hearing from God on prophetic dreams and visions.

Second, how do you know if a dream is from God? Can Satan put dreams in our minds as well?

Third, do you, if you are able to interpret was these mean, helping me understand them? If you have time to read them and pray about it. The first one is short. The second one is longer.

1. This dream I felt like I interpreted correctly for the most part at first, but since I do not have peace about my interpretation, I think it's wrong. In the dream, I am in a neighborhood but it is gray and the streets are dark. I was looking for a better way to earn money. I come across a woman's home and enter; she's in a competition of style. She obtains all of these clothes and competes by shopping online for clothes with the least prices. I responded favorably and asked her if I could see what she has. She doesn't show me all of her clothes apparently (because she says it's a competition), but gives me an idea of what I'd be doing. It was a Caucasian girl with black hair. She seemed nice. I left and was super excited about the opportunity and told people about it.I got my clothes together and in the last scene, saw myself with 3 pairs of high heels. (personally, I think this dream symbolizes something unfavorable but what's the hurt in posting it.

2. Part 1. This one started off with me trying to protect someone or something (not sure exactly what). There were a lot of tall buildings and high places, kinda orangish brownish scene going on. My mom wasn't found of my protectiveness and started running after me, trying to catch me (along with other people, but mainly her). She'd chase me through windows, up the stairs, you get it. I'd wait until she found out where I was before I started to escape (don't understand why). I'd open up windows and break the glass and screen and whatever else was there. Whenever she came into the room, I'd jump out and shed miss me. If she was in another room, I'd fly up and she'd try to catch me. She wouldn't. I barely escaped each time. Apparently, however, the dream revealed that if I was touched, it signified a death. Like I'd be so close to letting out a deep soul cry.

Part 2. The scene then cut to a store. I somehow almost ran into a store naked?? (I tried looking up the symbolism for nakedness; not sure which way it would go). Apparently it was super hot to me. My brothers thought it was hot too and did the same but my parents undressed only a little bit. People specifically saw me because I ran towards the store (3 people saw; an older woman and a father and his son). Before anymore attention came, I put most clothes on before walking into the store with my family (store was Walmart btws). Walked into the store and waited in line, but we didn't have anything to check out while standing in line. In line, we noticed people from church. They were in line too and in the middle of a line, had like a get together. They had brownies, sweets, and just a lot of good food. There were tables and chairs there too. One table had 3-4 women sitting at it all on ipads or iphones/digital devices. My family started conversing with them and eating. One lady sitting at the table had an ipad. i found out she too went to the church by looking at her screen on the ipad and it said where she was from. Upset that I looked at her iPad while she was on it (I looked over her shoulder), I explained that I was from the church too and I was noticed that she was too after looking at her ipad. She was really understanding and friendly afterwards. Then the dream ended.

I have absolutely no idea what to do. I asked people from church to help me with intepretation but that did not work very well, as the people I asked did not know how. The person they all recommended, I couldn't get into contact with him. I will probably try finding him in church later, but for now, do you all mind helping me out? Thank you!!!

Be careful with dreams.
satan enjoys influencing dreams and they can seem so real and religious and so forth.

Also be very cautious in accepting any interpretation that may be given.

Also check this peace you feel.
Blessings

How do you know whether or not to pay attention to a dream that you might received? How do you decipher whether or not it is from God?

I'm not saying this is from God, but could very well be something in your subconscious that your battling or have not dealt with.... but i would do some thinking about the protectiveness you saw and also the running from your mom, not allowing her to catch you. Are you two close and is there anything your hiding from her?

Nakedness can be vulnerability or like a place of revealing all of your soul, thoughts, inner most desires.. etc. This could also tie into the running/hiding something from your mom.

If nothing comes to mind... lay it all at the foot of the cross and trust God that if there is anything to these that He will reveal it when the time is right.

If these are from God... you will know it beyond any doubt.

How do you know whether or not to pay attention to a dream that you might received? How do you decipher whether or not it is from God?
Actually I can answer both questions with one answer.
Prayer! !

Pray and seek God about it.
Make up your mind you are not going to give it any thought UNLESS HE SAYS TO.

If it is from God and He wants you to understand something, then He is more then able to do so.
We must be open to His voice and nothing else.

Scripture says Acts 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Every one jumps on this a claims all these dreams are from God and in most cases they are not.
One lady even after I showed her that her interpretation of what God was saying in her dream went against scripture.....she said I don't care because it seemed to religious to not be from God. .... that is most dangerous.

Our enemy the devil knows this and when we are eager to put stock in dreams, well he will most definitely oblige you.

This is why we have got to be trained to hear His voice and know His word, otherwise we won't be able to safely know who is correct and who is not.
Blessings

Thank you Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim! I will make more intentional time in studying the Word deeper in order to hear His voice more clearly. And thank you for the clarifications on where dreams may come from. I was not sure if they were all from God or not; now I know! I will find someone who is more mature spiritually than I who will guide me in identifying God's voice vs harmful spirits.

Blessings to you both!

If its a dream thats troubling you enough to post here will just give you my take on it, in light of His word.

Yes pray and ask God about it. I dont know if you read the Bible much but it would seem to me that the first part, you are worried about clothing and dressing. You go to someone for help but you end up with high heels that you dont need, but you still feel naked or not thaving the right clothes so in the third part you go to Walmart, and meet some church members there, but they arent worried about clothes. They are having good things to eat.

This reminds me of the scripture telling us not to worry about what we eat or drink or what we wear for the gentiles worry about such things. Also perhaps its your mother that worries about such things and puts that worry onto you.

Look up Matthew 6:25-34

Thank you for sharing and pray God reveals to you what He wants you to know!

Dreams are weird and could mean, or not mean pretty much any and everything...
maybe you're mom could represent the Holy Spirit... chasing you to make you acknowledge something you'd be more comfortable to ignore.. as far as the impression that the touch is to be avoided in your dream... Consider what happens to our sin and old ways once we turn to Christ? Our old ways and past sins become dead to us. Is there something you are avoiding? Feeling guilty or convicted about? Any bitterness, anger, fear, uncertainty, unhealthy relationship, guilt,... etc.
[Psa 139:23-24 KJV] 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
Or maybe you just ate dinner too close to bedtime?!
It's hard to say... but if you believe there really is some kind of "message" or meaning to be found, then rather than searching for meaning from a dream... pray about your concerns honestly with God & ask for his guidance, wisdom, and discernment, and ask Him to lead you to some scriptures.
You don't need to "know" what to look for... "seek and ye shall find". He will answer you.

The thing about touching causing death, in the Bible God wanted the israelites to know the difference between clean and unclean things. HE also said about not touching unclean things, like idols. The ipad works by a touch screen, and it can be used for good or evil.

Is there something in your life that you dont want anyone touching, or not allowed to touch. Or Do you impose rules on yourself? Or is there something you often touch that God does not approve of. Just questions only you can answer.

The good news is that Jesus is not untouchable. The woman who had 12 years of bleeding said to herself, if I can only just touch the hem of his garment, I will be well. She reached out, and Jesus asked who had touched him. She was made whole the instant she touched his garment.

As for dreams, yes God can and does speak to us through dreams. But you need to go to His Word to find out the meaning. Often a dreamer will dream something thats concerning them. For example one of my friends often worried about finances. She dreamt that she recieved some money in an envelope with her name on it but didnt know who it was from. She agonised over this dream and asked me and another friend what it meant. Well I dont know but maybe God wants to reassure her not worry about her finances! Also the bible does say about giving your alms in secret, so the recipient doesnt know who its from. Or the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing. This is what God likes, so he can reward you that you gave in secret as all glory goes to Him.

The last dream I remember having, was a strange one I havent forgotten. prince william arrived at my doorstep, as his helicopter landed just down the street. (This cannot happen in real life, he would have an entourage right?! ) he didnt come with his wife or children. He knocked on my door and gave me a torch. Like a battery operated flashlight. I put it in the kitchen cupboard where the others are kept. Then the dream ended. I agonised over this dream!
Did God mean my prince will come, and hes giving me a torch, but why..? Lol. Then I thought about how Jesus is the light of the world and He is the Prince of peace. Thank you Lord!

Back