Digital Money

I am sure all of you are reading the news every day right now. Did any one else read the articles about Digital Money/Currency? I found it interesting. I know things can seem a bit scary or overwhelming on some days, but we are really live in remarkable times. Your thoughts?

I hear the news but I don't really read all of it.
We all get different news from different sources so its not like we all read the same paper.

My thoughts on digital currency is it has actually been around for some time eg bitcoin, eftpos, credit etc. Bascially the world bank or IMF can just make money out of thin are as fiat currency, just add a few extra zeros to your balance and voila!

Bascially the world bank or IMF can just make money out of thin are as fiat currency, just add a few extra zeros to your balance and voila!
You are so right! If we worry about counterfeit money with a cash system won't it be worse with a digital cash system? I tend to think it will be but I know nothing about this.

Does anyone know what ever happened to Bitcoin? I remember hearing about it yrs ago but then it just went away.

I have no idea if its still around...

So not sure. But then I don't gamble lol.

In the Bible we are given everything freely and we don't have to pay. God isn't someone who charges per prayer.

Well paywave has started becoming popular but for many businesses they don't have it as it costs them each transaction.

Credit is basically plastic money that someone's made up out of thin air.

I once had a bank error in my favour...I looked in my payslip and it was like an extra zero got added...I was so happy, I was rich! But then they reversed it the next day. :-(

But I won't forget the time I looked at my payslip and got a grand total of 0.00.

Nobody pays you in cash anymore. This is because the taxman wants his percentage.

Ha, the deceptive power of money. At some point soon, as the prophecy of Ezekiel 7:19, 27 predicts: “Into the streets they will throw their very silver, and an abhorrent thing their own gold will become. Neither their silver nor their gold will be able to deliver them in the day of God's fury. . . . and they will have to know that I am the Lord.” Certainly they cannot buy God’s protection at the coming catastrophe of Armageddon.

May we make the Kingdom interests first in our lives, not the temporary wealth of the old world which is soon to pass away. May we find the true spiritual riches based on accurate Bible knowledge that can transform our lives and give purpose to it.

Well in the new Jerusalem the streets are paved with gold, so, its more used like asphalt or concrete than to be exchanged for goods and services...

I am sure all of you are reading the news every day right now. Did any one else read the articles about Digital Money/Currency? I found it interesting. I know things can seem a bit scary or overwhelming on some days, but we are really live in remarkable times. Your thoughts?

You may be right. It is hard to know what we as Christians wlll have to go through before the Rapture.

I do know that the world has set up TWO systems which play into what John has told us in the Revelation.

Rev. 6:5......
"And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. "

Balances in John's day was a way of buying and selling goods. Now consider Revelation 13:17..........
" so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. "

That says to me that those alive during the Tribulation Peroid will be involved in some kind of financial situation.
The banking system of the world has gone now to DEBIT cards and CREDIT cards. If you do not have one you will have a probelm buying food because stores accepting checks are getting less and less.

Now, all that would be required to make Rev. 13"17 come true would be to place your DEBIT/CREDIT card number on your hand.

That number then could be placed on the hand or forhead with the UPC Bar code. That is my 2nd thought. The UPC bar code system could be used worldwide to to banking and......to follow and track those who did not follow the A/C.

mm not sure
People have been saying this for decades but it's more likely something like a e- passport or identifying mark is required.
There is already Paywave so people are already walking round with money in their hands or phones.

The only way to get round this is just to give away stuff for free or share. Which christians do anyway.

The countries are becoming more unified when it comes to money. There are levels of success, but to varying degrees. For example, the UK has the highest currently but we are the most successful country, a lot of the UKs products are imported from other places. Although over time that seems to be changing.

Back