Dinosaur?

Dinosaur?

Job 40:15-18...

Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

Is this a description of a dinosaur? Opinions?

Possibly but I never thought about it much.

All the dinasaurs shrunk. Have you ever looked closely at a lizard?

:smiley90: Just joking!

Job 40:15-18...

Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.

Is this a description of a dinosaur? Opinions?
Yes it is a dinosaur.

Possibly but I never thought about it much.

All the dinasaurs shrunk. Have you ever looked closely at a lizard?

:smiley90: Just joking!
But are you wrong?Dinosaurs greww to great sizes because before the flood animals like humans live much longer lives. and lizards never stop growing. So a dinosaur could be a very old never stopped growing lizard. now after the flood they live to be 10-20 years old instead of 100-200 years old. By the way most species of animals istinct not just dinosaurs. Some of what we hear to be dinosaurs or whatever could have been just really old, large lizards.

Sorry Mr Curt. You were serious.

(bĭ-hē'məth, bē'ə-məth)

n.
  • Something enormous in size or power.
  • often Behemoth A huge animal, possibly the hippopotamus, described in the Bible.
[Middle English behemoth, bemoth, from Hebrew bəhēmôt, pl. of bəhēmâ, beast.]

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/ednks002.html

Some think Leviathan is a dinosaur that lived in water.

Job 41:1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?

41:19 Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.
20 Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

Job 41 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version)

From the original descriptors in the Hebrew language manuscripts, the translation into the King James Version Bible is fairly close.

Let's just look at the size of the average Cedar Tree as a comparison of the size of the tail on the animal which is being described, for a hint as to the overall size of this beastie. Certain bible translations have misinterpreted the Hebrew as a Hyppo - but the original Hebrew descriptors clearly are describing something that is absolutely huge.

Sorry Mr Curt. You were serious.

(bĭ-hē'məth, bē'ə-məth)

n.
  • Something enormous in size or power.
  • often Behemoth A huge animal, possibly the hippopotamus, described in the Bible.
[Middle English behemoth, bemoth, from Hebrew bəhēmôt, pl. of bəhēmâ, beast.]
Behemoth is no hippo.

Behemoth is no hippo.

I don't think so either. I think its much bigger than that. I was trying to find something online. Like I said I never really studied it. When I read it years ago it sounded like it could be a dinosaur. Just never took the time to investigate.

Within the verse of the first post

"He moveth his tail like a cedar"

That clearly the Behemoth had a massive tail.

so it can't be a hippo.

But it could be a Dinosaur easily.

Job must have lived before God shorten the lifespan of Man, so Job must have lived before the flood. Because It says in Genesis 6:3
3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not put up with[a] humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years.”
Footnotes:
  1. Genesis 6:3 Greek version reads will not remain in.
So, That would be when man lived upwards to 969 years (Methuselah).

So its Possible these lizards where living for more than 1000 years; and since they never stop growing, they would be massive, hence Behemoth

So its Possible these lizards where living for more than 1000 years;

It's possible that it could be longer.

The 6 days of creation is not a 24 hour period:

And the evening and the morning were the third day.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Gen 1:13-14

Divisions fo days, years, seasons only started on the 4th day. So meaning even in the first day, God was using a different timetable:

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day

So according to the bible, a day could be longer than 24 hours, because the division of time like what we have now only started on the 4th day.

So dinosaurs were created on the 5th day. After millions of years (which for God could just be 1 day), Man was created on the 6th day.

this is a good theory,about animals living longer and bigger.and genesis would support this theory.the flood might have made a lot of animals extinct.but there are lots of fossils which are todays creatures,but just a lot bigger.

If I were a betting woman, I'd bet it was a dinosaur. The Bible doesn't make mistakes. Besides, there is archeological evidence that dinosaurs DID exist (although in very small numbers) until very recently.

Back