Disagreement Translated Into Hatred

The modern, mental breakdown so pervasively exhibited in these modern times of ours is seeing entire groups who automatically translate your disagreement with them into hatred of them.

The massive amount of terrain that exists between disagreement and hatred remains ignored by those who want only one thing as an expression of love and/or respect for them, and that is affirmation offered by you, no matter how much it may violate your personal sensibilities...as long as you don't violate their sensibilities by daring to disagree with them concerning value statements, as they absolutely reject any suggestions for absolutes that are beyond their control. Within the microcosm of their inner world, absolutes are an uncanny thing that they see as a vastly uncomfortable reality they prefer to ignore and deny at all costs...even to that of their own integrity.

All of this to say that, dare you challenge them with the most eloquent, nicest and loving of approaches, you will never be able to avoid them acting out offence, be it ever so contrived and intellectually dishonest on their part, any deviation away from complete affirmation of their inner belief system, and your are anathema in every respect.

What are your experiences with this?

MM

The psychobabble folks have this to say about that crowd of haters who translate disagreement with them into hatred from you when you disagree with them:

"This is the crux of the problem. When people disagree with us, their disagreement not only influences the validity of our beliefs, but it calls into question our personal identities—the kind of people we want to believe that we are. This is why even ostensibly meaningless differences, such as which sports team a person favors, can rankle. It isn’t just that you are a New England Patriots fan, it’s that I’m a New York Giants fan, and that makes us fundamentally different kinds of people." (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/why-we-blame/201708/why-we-hate-people-who-disagree)

At least the psychobabble community is calling it what it is, although never a mental illness. No. That would pose a disagreement with that crowd and call into question their mental stabilities...

MM

The modern, mental breakdown so pervasively exhibited in these modern times of ours is seeing entire groups who automatically translate your disagreement with them into hatred of them.

The massive amount of terrain that exists between disagreement and hatred remains ignored by those who want only one thing as an expression of love and/or respect for them, and that is affirmation offered by you, no matter how much it may violate your personal sensibilities...as long as you don't violate their sensibilities by daring to disagree with them concerning value statements, as they absolutely reject any suggestions for absolutes that are beyond their control. Within the microcosm of their inner world, absolutes are an uncanny thing that they see as a vastly uncomfortable reality they prefer to ignore and deny at all costs...even to that of their own integrity.

All of this to say that, dare you challenge them with the most eloquent, nicest and loving of approaches, you will never be able to avoid them acting out offence, be it ever so contrived and intellectually dishonest on their part, any deviation away from complete affirmation of their inner belief system, and your are anathema in every respect.

What are your experiences with this?

MM
Mental illness has reached epidemic proportions in our modern secular society. That's one reason why people feel the need to constantly redefine language to suit the de jour impulse or crazy ideas.

Hello Musicmaster;

When the interviewer said, "I have the talking stick now" exposed his tone and pride to the Christian preacher, and didn't have any facts but "gotcha opinions".

The brother was spot on and equipped with his answers. This is always the result when we pray and study the Bible. God will give us the word and when to say it.

Then when the interviewer took off his shirt it was a last act of defiance because he couldn't redirect his point to the brother. Good observation by him. It's like trying to outwit the man with wisdom and when I fail I'll light a cigarette.

My wife and I won't give in to the mental breakdown caused by disagreements translated into hatred as devout Christians in these times. It's not easy being obedient in our conduct but we have to do our part. We have been at our new Church for almost 2 years now, most of it was spent discerning if this is where God wants us to serve Him. After 70 years the foundation of this Church family is very evident of their love and demeanor, bearing with each other even during times of disagreement. This Church is also a solution finder which we both felt a good chemistry.

Our new home Church ministers to us as we co-exist with this tough crowd of non-believers, Christian and now Jewish haters. Of course we can't solve everyone we cross paths with but we can do our part as lovers of Christ and people.

God bless you, MM, and thank you for sharing.

I think the issue is that God is absolute. Once you align yourself with God, there is no debate. It's God's way and no other. This is regardless of your specific faith.

Atheists and other relativists want to argue the issue into submission, but submission is impossible for someone aligned with God for the simple reason that submission to man is disobedience to God.

The best analogy is the law. You're not going to be pressured into doing something illegal just because the other person asks you to. With God, illegal is also immoral and a sin. The stakes are much higher.

The guy promoting LGBTQ did not even see the real issue. He seemed to be arguing on a much different ( and superficial ) level than the Christian in this video.

I think the issue is that God is absolute. Once you align yourself with God, there is no debate. It's God's way and no other. This is regardless of your specific faith.

Atheists and other relativists want to argue the issue into submission, but submission is impossible for someone aligned with God for the simple reason that submission to man is disobedience to God.

The best analogy is the law. You're not going to be pressured into doing something illegal just because the other person asks you to. With God, illegal is also immoral and a sin. The stakes are much higher.

The guy promoting LGBTQ did not even see the real issue. He seemed to be arguing on a much different ( and superficial ) level than the Christian in this video.

Those who promote any evils that influence others to follow, they are in grave danger, for it is written:

Psalm 5:4-5
4 For thou [art] not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

I puzzled over this for some time before settling on an understanding of who the workers of iniquity really are, and modern culture has shown to us an entire array of those who are "workers of iniquity."

Additionally, there are those who believe in a dominantly lovey-dovey type God who hates nobody.

That is when I point to this, and ask what God they are talking about, because the God described by the Bible is not the easy-going, non-jealous, non-judgement God they seem to think He is.

MM

Back