Discuss computer/Technology realted issues here.

Jeffin

Webmaster
Staff member
Helper
Discuss computer realted issues here.

Have something technical to share or may be get help on issues relating to computer and the internet. Go on, post it here. Discuss any issues regarding, Webmasters, Internet related issues, Website designing, hosting, optimisation etc.

!!! Help !!!

:cool: im frustrated
===============

<+>
Can/Will, Someone Please Help Me Rember How To Post A
New Profile Picture & Icon (of my choice) Onto My Page.

I Tried For Almost 3hrs Yesterday To Change Them Via
The Directions Given On The Page ... To NO Avail.

I Would Also Like To Download/Upload (what ever its called)
All Of My Already Choosen Pics On My Other Sites So I Can
Choose From Them.

Hopefully Somebody Can Tell Me How To Do This ~:)-]

*May The SON Always Shine Thru,
...Trust...
<><><><><><><>

Does anyone have any suggestions on choosing an electronic reader. I have looked at adds for Amazon's Kindle, and also at the Nooks, but I'd like some feedback from those of you who have experience with any reader. Now that there is library access, I'm ready to purchase one. Thanx

I have a Kindle reader and am very pleased with it, but, it's best with books from Amazon. It's other e-book features are okay but if you want to check out books from the library you would probably be better served with a Nook or other reader which use the standard e-book formats. Regardless of what you get the print is very easy to read and turning pages is easier than turning a page in a real book. If you're checking out books with pictures in color then the Kindle is out since it's just b/w. The new nook has color I believe.

If I had it to do again I might actually have both a Kindle and a Nook. Well I may have just talked myself into purchasing a Color Nook. Good luck in your search. Oh, check out the Nook at B. Dalton and the Kindle can be checkout out at Staples and Target too I believe. Maybe some bookstores have started carrying them, can't say for sure.

Back to e readers. I would not buy a Kindle. Amazon's refusal to directly support the open Epub standard is not a policy I'm prepared to contribute to financially.

I use kindle on my phone and tablets. I like being able to pick up where I left off on any of my devices or computers. I heard nook is being bought out because of their sales numbers dropping so low. Not sure

I use kindle on my phone and tablets. I like being able to pick up where I left off on any of my devices or computers. I heard nook is being bought out because of their sales numbers dropping so low. Not sure

christianvolume: I guess I'm a bit more open to kindle etc since my eyesight isn't quite as good as it was, as regards typefaces. I like to use a Bible with a good sized print.

Blessings.

I have a Kindle Fire HD and I am happy with it. Apps and books look awsome in glorious HD. With that being said, I like physical books more but when on holiday, I always take my Kindle.

My WiFi frequently drops and it's so annoying. I am on a laptop. I know almost all my neighbors have WiFi- could their signals be affecting mine? Thank you!

My WiFi frequently drops and it's so annoying. I am on a laptop. I know almost all my neighbors have WiFi- could their signals be affecting mine? Thank you!
I would think that very unlikely because :
a) your wifi signal strength would be much greater than their's unless they are using a range booster in close proximity to you.
b) once you are logged on your communications are encrypted and so apart from the obvious security benefits, your system is keyed together and will in general not notice other encrypted signal on the same frequency.
I use this frequently to transmit /receive messages around the world using less than 5 Watts of rf power. there can be upwards of 5 other stations all using the same frequency, but we don't ever interfere with each other.

So why are you experiencing drop outs?
You could try reloading your driver software for your wireless card.. or look for an updated one.
You could try a system reset on your ADSL assuming you are using one.
Here is a rare and almost unbelievable one........pay attention to the programs you are using when you experience drop outs.
There is a program called JT65-hf which I was using until (after a lot of head scratching) I found that it was causing my adsl to freeze for up to 10 seconds on a two minute cycle. I only noticed this because I use my wireless network to remotely control my transceiver. I'm not suggesting that you would have the same program, but if that one can interfere there may be other programs that can as well.
Point is there are some mighty hard to find things that can be occurring, so you need to just eliminate things one by one, and keep an open mind.
Hope this has given you enough to help.

Last edited:

I think it's possible. Your router/access point should offer a choice of channels. You could try changing that to see if it makes any difference.

There are tools that can show you the channels and signal strengths in range. I use wifi analyzer on my Androids. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en_GB

My WiFi drops all the time :-( Any suggestions?
EDIT- I saw the recommendations above, it seems I'm not the only one with this issue, thank you. (y)

I need some advice on my windows media center.Can I download say music from my Spotify account?
The tv and movies have a lot to be desired. Give me Jack Benny any day. thanks

Back