discussion vs disagreement

Boy. Yes he's a service dog. I trained him before I went completely immobile. I used be a professional service dog trainer.
WOW!

He is beautiful

You will probably believe this, most will not, but I had a church member who was wounded in Vietnam. He has lost his legs and he was on his 2nd service dog. When I visited him, I was always amazed at how smart that dog was. He was a Labrador also.

Larry had tied a rope to the refrigerator door handle and when he wanted a beer (Not for me) the dog would pull the rope, open the door, get a can with his mouth and bring it to Larry. When Larry was finished, the dog would take the can to the garbage can and drop it in.

And when I visited, Larry had arranged a handle on the door, so when I rang the bell, that dog pushed the handle down and let me in. If Larry didn't call out his name. (Boomer) .......you could not come in the door. Smart dog.

WOW!

He is beautiful

You will probably believe this, most will not, but I had a church member who was wounded in Vietnam. He has lost his legs and he was on his 2nd service dog. When I visited him, I was always amazed at how smart that dog was. He was a Labrador also.

Larry had tied a rope to the refrigerator door handle and when he wanted a beer (Not for me) the dog would pull the rope, open the door, get a can with his mouth and bring it to Larry. When Larry was finished, the dog would take the can to the garbage can and drop it in.

And when I visited, Larry had arranged a handle on the door, so when I rang the bell, that dog pushed the handle down and let me in. If Larry didn't call out his name. (Boomer) .......you could not come in the door. Smart dog.
Yep! He turns lights off and on, gets everything I point to, he knows how to get my kids who are in a different room, he barks on command if something is wrong, he alerts to health issues and tasks. My life is blessed with my big boy.

WOW!

He is beautiful

I take it that Larry wasn't a Baptist. lol

There's no point in thinking we are better than them. Christ died for us all. No degree of sin is greater. All violates the holiness and law of God.
Now, think your post through. I am only saying this so that you may better grasp it.

Although all sin requires the blood of Christ for expiation, some sins are worse than others.

There are some sins that have greater consequences to the sinner as well as to those his sin affects..

Then consider the DESTRUCTIVNESS of one sin compared to another. It is true in that essentially any one sin is able to keep us from God, but all sins are not equal!

Now, think your post through. I am only saying this so that you may better grasp it.

Although all sin requires the blood of Christ for expiation, some sins are worse than others.

There are some sins that have greater consequences to the sinner as well as to those his sin affects..

Then consider the DESTRUCTIVNESS of one sin compared to another. It is true in that essentially any one sin is able to keep us from God, but all sins are not equal!
This is correct! I've had to correct some fellow Lutherans on this in the past.

Yes, God is perfectly holy, and we're all sinners, so all sin does indeed require Christ's blood.

But there are also certainly degrees of sin. God had different punishments in Bible law depending on what sin was committed. And as you said, even all human laws have different consequences. We see this effect on others. Molesting a child, for example, is worse than a white lie. Just because both are sins, and just because we don't want to get into boasting contests, doesn't mean we can't differentiate as to greater and lesser degrees of that sin.

This is correct! I've had to correct some fellow Lutherans on this in the past.

Yes, God is perfectly holy, and we're all sinners, so all sin does indeed require Christ's blood.

But there are also certainly degrees of sin. God had different punishments in Bible law depending on what sin was committed. And as you said, even all human laws have different consequences. We see this effect on others. Molesting a child, for example, is worse than a white lie. Just because both are sins, and just because we don't want to get into boasting contests, doesn't mean we can't differentiate as to greater and lesser degrees of that sin.
Correct! Thanks for the answer.

That's what I meant.

All sins are equal to God in that any and every sin will keep one out of heaven. In the eternal state, the New Jerusalem will be inhabited by the righteous, the redeemed of the Lord. “Outside the city are the dogs—the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie” (Revelation 22:15, NLT; cf. 21:8). At the same time, even in the final judgment, there seem to be degrees of punishment among the “dogs”: “Someone who does not know [the master’s will], and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly” (Luke 12:48, NLT). So not all sins carry the same weight of punishment in hell.

I was not discussing the punishment. I am very aware. There are various levels of punishments.

It's interesting that Jesus took the punishment for us on the cross, between two thieves.
He knew that he was disobeying the Pharisees made-up extra rules and also that it was causing the Roman rulers problems. Who's side was he really on? He never claimed he was King of the Jews but people recognised him as a King and wanted him to be one. In all those Anti-Christs mind though, Jesus was a liar and he was destroying their livelihood when he kicked the money lenders out of the temple, and nobody was supposed to claim they were God's son (Jesus didn't openly proclaim this, always saying he was the 'son of man') plus he worked on the Sabbath by healing people (shock!)

Back