Disturbing video: Salvation, the narrow gate

Doubts come from satan. He always tries to attack new christians saying they arent saved.
What we can do is encourage new believers that they have assurance they are saved. And that satan cannot pluck them out of Jesus hand. When Jesus saves, he saves completely.

We need to act on this knowledge.

The catholic religion teaches people that they do not have the assurance of salvation. Their doctrines, such as purgatory ensure that false belief.

Ahh,,,,, it easy to read....
the difficult part is understanding, have we understand what we read?
[...]

I'm obviously no expert on the Bible and I only read the Sermon on the Mountain a couple of times but one thing is for sure: that passage makes it perfectly clear that following Christ and His commandments is not easy, it is a constant battle and you have to give everything you got.

Do you live up to what he taught then?. He exalted the law to new heights even the pharisees could not reach. "Be perfect as you heavenly father is perfect." Are you perfect? No? Then your efforts mean nothing as far as salvation goes.

I agree that only the Holy Blood of Christ can save us but imagine this: a so-called Christian that goes to church everyday and truly believes in Christ but wilfully lives a life of sin. Will he make it to Heaven?

I'm obviously no expert on the Bible and I only read the Sermon on the Mountain a couple of times but one thing is for sure: that passage makes it perfectly clear that following Christ and His commandments is not easy, it is a constant battle and you have to give everything you got.

Well...you give Jesus everything you've got and the way is set before you to walk in it, heeding the voice of the Shepherd every step of the way. It's not hard for those who have experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit. His power and anointing working in and through us makes what we are called to easy. That is why Jesus says, "My yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." (Matthew 11:30)

I agree that only the Holy Blood of Christ can save us but imagine this: a so-called Christian that goes to church everyday and truly believes in Christ but wilfully lives a life of sin. Will he make it to Heaven?

If one lives a life of willful sin, then the power of sin has not been broken, and his claim is not the truth, no matter what his lips say.

Romans 6:1-2
Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? 2 Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?

See, you yourself have called that man a "so called Christian". A man that persists in living that way and does not repent is not a Christian. What does the bible say? It teaches that we are saved by Grace through faith and not of works, it is the gift of God. What else does it say? It says to work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, but it what else does it say after that? It says that it is GOD who works in you both to will and to work. What else does I say? It says faith by itself without works is dead. It teaches that faith is active, that it is displayed by the works that a believer does. It is not the works that saves him but the real(active) faith that produces works. So you see, it is faith that saves a man but it is God that does the work in him.

If he truly believes and has faith in Christ, yes, he has eternal life. In God's eyes we are all sinners, the only thing that separates us is his Grace.

1 Timothy 1:15
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst.

Jesus is all someone needs to have eternal life. Works show our faith but they do not justify us. A man living in willful sin is no less a sinner than a pious Christian who reads his Bible everyday. We have all fallen short of the Glory of God and we all can be justified in Jesus Christ. The Glory is to him, not us. Salvation is because of his work, not ours. By grace through faith.

If he truly believes and has faith in Christ, yes, he has eternal life. In God's eyes we are all sinners, the only thing that separates us is his Grace.

The truth is that in God's eyes we are no longer sinners, but righteous, and justified, ("just as if I've never sinned"), and perfect already.

A man living in willful sin is no less a sinner than a pious Christian who reads his Bible everyday.

A man who continually lives a life of sin while claiming to be of Christ is in great spiritual peril. Sinners practice sin. Saints do not, although because we have both the new nature and the old, we still do sin, but our position in Christ is righteous. There are two kinds of people in this world: unbelievers (sinners) and believers (saints).

Romans 5:8
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.

We have all fallen short of the Glory of God and we all can be justified in Jesus Christ. The Glory is to him, not us. Salvation is because of his work, not ours. By grace through faith.

This is true.

Are you saying for yourself or you pointing the finger at other people?
Yes They would be hypocrites and liars if they did that and Jesus has harsh words to say about those who say they are but dont act on their faith. They would be exactly like Judas.
If this is the case these ppl must repent and humble themselves before God. They are leaning on their own self-righteousness.

If its more a case of Peter, who struggled to understand what Jesus meant, dont worry Jesus will help you in your walk. Peter wanted to walk on water but he couldnt if he didnt keep his eyes on Jesus. Same for us.

Yet Peter was the very first to say 'you are the christ, the son of the living God' Jesus saw he understood and professed his faith and he renamed him Peter (he was simon before) and said on this rock will I build my church. It does start with a profession of faith that Jesus is the son of God and the Messiah.

I find it funny that Jesus chose Peter the most unlikely disciple.

Judas had everything going for him, was intelligent, a great success, pious, well versed in scripture...but he didnt really believe at all.

'The Sermon on the Mount"..... yes, I agree, I think it is valid to be seen that way, an impression that Christianity "is not easy"

Another POV, as I see it, the impression it gives: Christianity is a way life….hear me out first : )

Murder, being compared to hating a brother….
Murder is a crime ….
But hate?
I’ve never seen a law stating that hating a brother is a crime… although some laws like disrespecting a king or a ruler is an offense… but generally, hating a brother?

Does that makes things "not easy", yes.... although as I said:

My POV, the Teacher explains that we do not stick to the TEXT of the LAW, but rather, what was the LAW is all about, that is: the core, what is more important, what is the SPIRIT of the law….

Yes, not committing a murder may be easier than not hating a brother … that is making it more "not easy"....

But as I see it: Christianity is a way to live, that is “not hating a brother” rather that set of rules to live “do not commit a murder”…

How we can be victorious on this “way to live” is another topic though : )

it is like “BEING FIT”…. DIET of do not eat too much fat, too much carbohydrates are RULES…that is: missing a good life because of set of RULES of what to eat, and what to eat not...

“BEING FIT” is a way of life, that is, LIBERTY over the laws of DIET….

Again, how to be victorious on “BEING FIT” is more of a different topic, a topic of Faith as most members here is saying...

Last edited:
Well its not easy but it does get easier. (Paradoxically)
Dont give up. God will give you the tools and armour. Remember Jesus was a carpenters son. He couldnt build houses and do his woodwork without his earthly dad teaching him could he? or no tools?
The same with our Heavenly Father.

Back