Divine Instinct

Does everyone believe that Christianity is the true religion?

• I'm still undecided.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't believe in God.

• I practice another religion.

• Total voters
In your opinion, do you believe that everybody knows on a conscious level that Christianity is the true path? To clarify, do practitioners of other religions believe on a conscious level that they are following the wrong path?

My purpose for asking this is to resolve a theory that I have. Feel free to comment, but I'm particularly interested in the poll results. Thanks everyone!

By the way, regardless of your poll answers, I won't judge you, I promise!

The choices don't match the question. If it's about "other's beliefs" then don't put "I". The scriptures say that the word of God is written on our hearts and the stars testify of His glory, even science shows that we are "programmed" (their words) for worship. To one that listens to the nudging of the Holy Spirit they will eventually find themselves a Christian even if they don't know the name of Jesus. As Paul says in Romans he who doesn't have the Law will be judged by his own law.

[Rom 2:12-15 KJV] 12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 13 (For not the hearers of the law [are] just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. 14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and [their] thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )

I do not believe one would know that Christianity is the right religion consciously, but certainly in their hearts if they're sensitive to what's written there.

None of your choices are scriptural. The first one is the only one close to some truth. But even that...everyone knows of God and the need to please Him, but not that Jesus is Lord (Christianity). You need an answer that Jesus gave 'Everyone who seeks, finds / knock and the door will be opened''.

@Abdicate
Sorry if my question structure was confusing. I was using first person form for each poll answer to relate to the reader's personal opinions. I should have made the answers shorter.

@KingJ
No, my possible answers are not backed up spiritually, but I believe that everyone will relate to any one of the five answers. My purpose of this poll is more aimed at discovering the most popular opinion, rather than seek out spiritual truth. I think that I may have put the question in a more confusing way than necessary.

I answered, "No, everyone believes what they believe."

As a second-grader, I learned that some people believe they are Christian because they have a name from the Bible; others because they were sprinkled as infants. Sent my little brain into spasms! :) I wasn't into G-d at all then, but I didn't believe these concepts. While I hated G-d then, I knew He existed and that He impacted willing lives; I just was not willing then . . . at all. But at the same time, I thought that some people don't believe in Him, because they cannot accept His reality. I tried So Hard to not believe in Him, but it never worked. There He was, stuck in my brain, no matter how hard I tried to send Him packing.

"I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways
Of my own mind; and in the midst of tears
I hid from Him, and under running laughter.
Up vistaed hopes I sped;
And shot, precipitated,
Adown Titanic glooms of chasmed fears,
From those strong Feet that followed, followed after.
But with unhurrying chase,
And unperturbèd pace, . . . ."

http://www.umilta.net/hound.html
by English poet Francis Thompson (1859-1907)

I myself do not believe the "conscience" of man is in his head (brain), it is in his "soul" where he is conscience of both the spiritual, and physical world around him. "The natural man can not receive the things of the Spirit of God neither can he know them for they are spiritually understood." The physical mind can not discover spiritual truth, but it can believe them. The mind of man is only a tool to be used by man so he can operate in this physical world. The spirit in man tells his mind what to believe, not the other way around. We can believe a lie if we tell ourselves too! It is not until our hearts and mind are in agreement that we can have confidence to believe and to ask with boldness the things God has given us.

If consciousness was in the human brain, then as soon as you would died you would have no more consciousness of your existence.

Back