Do I Love My Neibour ?

Dusty

Inactive
Do I Love My Neibour ?

Mark 12:31
The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

What do you think that verse really means ?

I am pondering that thought and it comes to mind .... not what we see in the worldly projections of self - love because that can put a person on a path of self distruction and of loneliness and am guessing that is why there is so much drug use and alcohol . ( " I am worth it and I should love myself ")

The Truth is according to God's Word : that we were created in the image of God - He loves us and we are precious to Him .

So we do not have the need to puff ourselves up by telling ourselves how " loveable we are " .

Why does Jesus tell us to love our neibour as ourselves ?

I think because we need to give others the same attention and care that we naturally give ourselves.

The fact of the matter is not that we hate ourselves nor do we need to love ourselves ( as the world thinks) but to receive Jesus incredible love for us so that we can project that love to others.

When we have recieved that love we will not have to compare ourselves to others and we will not focus on ": self " but will become people of God who will love the unlovely .

We need to love others with the same love Jesus demonstrated for us .

i think it means not to judge another.people lead diffrent lives,but can be genuine in there heart,ie many marriages,etc etc.we should never judge and try to help all,and if asked point them to our Lord.

Back