Do Lutherans Have Somthing Equivalent To The Knights Of Columbus

2 + 2 = 4 is truth but because the Bible does not say it I must not believe it....NOT!

The Bible does not contain all truth but all it contains IS truth....even when Peter lied his lie was not the truth but it was true that he lied...

Paul

I don't think there is a Lutheran equivalent to the Knights of Columbus, but there is no reason why you couldn't start your own fraternal group that does the same sort of work.

The KoC's principles are Charity, Unity, Fraternity, and Patriotism. It's most important focus is putting the love of God into practice and evangelization. It has a history of persecution from the KKK, Women's liberation groups (going back to the 1920s), and the Freemasons.

I've been to a couple of meetings and have really thought about joining, but one concern I have is that the main overseeing chapter has donated to a charity group that also worked toward promoting abortion. While it was an indirect act on their part, some Knights have left in order to not compromise their pro-life efforts. Despite the main chapter's donation, there are many, many great local chapters who have done an incredible job in spreading the message of Jesus through their sweat, their wallets, and their shoulders.

I don't think there is a Lutheran equivalent to the Knights of Columbus, but there is no reason why you couldn't start your own fraternal group that does the same sort of work.

The KoC's principles are Charity, Unity, Fraternity, and Patriotism. It's most important focus is putting the love of God into practice and evangelization. It has a history of persecution from the KKK, Women's liberation groups (going back to the 1920s), and the Freemasons.

I've been to a couple of meetings and have really thought about joining, but one concern I have is that the main overseeing chapter has donated to a charity group that also worked toward promoting abortion. While it was an indirect act on their part, some Knights have left in order to not compromise their pro-life efforts. Despite the main chapter's donation, there are many, many great local chapters who have done an incredible job in spreading the message of Jesus through their sweat, their wallets, and their shoulders.

Starting a fraternal group like the Knights of Columbus is well beyond my ability and resources.

Starting a fraternal group like the Knights of Columbus is well beyond my ability and resources.

I think a good place to start is a men's prayer group. Start it there. The next step is maybe if you know if any older parishioners or widows who could use some house work, you get the group involved in that. If there are church events, maybe have the group volunteer to help. It really would have to start off small.

That's really the point. It's not about having pins and galas.

I think a good place to start is a men's prayer group. Start it there. The next step is maybe if you know if any older parishioners or widows who could use some house work, you get the group involved in that. If there are church events, maybe have the group volunteer to help. It really would have to start off small.

That's really the point. It's not about having pins and galas.

Oh. Well that's not hard to do.

My only reluctance there is that the only men really in the pariah are those who may need help. I believe I am the only man under 65 that attends the church that we go to.

That is one of the issues that we have with where we go. We're the only youngish married couple there.

Oh. Well that's not hard to do.

My only reluctance there is that the only men really in the pariah are those who may need help. I believe I am the only man under 65 that attends the church that we go to.

That is one of the issues that we have with where we go. We're the only youngish married couple there.

Quite a dilemma.

Back