Do We "have" To Take Up For Ourselves? If So Provide Biblical Resources Pls.

Like, if you're being treated horrible.. or even if the other person is making subtle slights toward you( not God, just you)

Should you stick up for yourself? Is their biblical proof for the need to defend yourself? ( not talking abt defending God or his character.. just you personally)

I think its important I stress, I would like scripture to support whether it's permissible to defend ourselves.. when wronged. ( and not when they attack the "God" in us or the "light" just us personally)

I'd prefer answers not based on pathos( feelings) " Of course you should, you don't deserve to be talked to like that" ...or " you shouldn't put up with that". etc.

Just scripture, real answers from the boo. Thnxs

Joh 18:22 When he had said these things, one of the officers standing by struck Jesus with his hand, saying, "Is that how you answer the high priest?"
Joh 18:23 Jesus answered him, "If what I said is wrong, bear witness about the wrong; but if what I said is right, why do you strike me?"

Jesus stood up for his actions and words which he had spoken, but he never did seek revenge.

But Jesus is God, I was kinda hoping for a biblical character..as there are things he can do that we can't.

Lol, I wish would walk up anywhere and turn over tables and whip people... I'd be none existant.

But Jesus is God, I was kinda hoping for a biblical character..as there are things he can do that we can't.

Lol, I wish would walk up anywhere and turn over tables and whip people... I'd be none existant.
Jesus was also a man, and he was tempted just we are. He is our perfect example in all things.

True, but he is also God..we aren't we are all human..and those pharisees were attacking the light that he is and naturally hated him...
Just wondering if you could find other
Examples..that are normal( meaning... no one that's a king or has a prestigious title...maybe someone like Hagar,Miriam or Leah)

True, but he is also God..we aren't we are all human..and those pharisees were attacking the light that he is and naturally hated him...
Just wondering if you could find other
Examples..that are normal( meaning... no one that's a king or has a prestigious title...maybe someone like Hagar,Miriam or Leah)
Do not forget Jesus Christ lives inside you, and he is God. He is your life.

True,true..but me and Jesus Christ are two different people. He is not me and I never will be him..out of kindness and grace he chose to dwell in me.

He was always god..from the embryonic state..and I'm just..what he created lol

Daniel 3:16 & 17. Three young believing men talk back to a king and G-d completely supported them, even sending His Son to go through the fire with them.

A donkey answered a human, even crushing his ankle, although I would not suggest you crush someone's ankle! :D Numbers 22:22 ff

But I like the donkey example you gave..that's as ordinary as ordinary gets. ^_^
And it ,an animal not able to talk, spoke up..love it..thank you .

True, but they were also standing up for their lives, because they knew G-d could/would deliver them. Their lives had been threatened.

(Sorry -- I couldn't help it! :D Love this. Daniel talked back.)

Also, remember how Moses "talked back" to G-d!! Sometimes, Moses was wrong, and sometimes, he was right in showing G-d his faith in G-d's word!

Last edited:
Sorry -- a little -- :D

But I think we need to be careful with our words. I think we need to think then think again before we answer.

Something was going on recently in my congregation that should not have happened, and I was the only one who knew. It was sin. But for some reason, I had some real hesitations about bringing it up. I went to one of the talmidim where I worship for advice, without giving him any idea what was going on nor who was doing it. His advice was wait. Then he said that he thought something would come up soon that would give me the answer. I kept my mouth shut, and just before a week was up, sure enough, the problem was answered!

I was So Thankful, because G-d took care of it, and someone's reputation was saved. Neither the leaders nor the congregation knew, because G-d took care of it. There are times when we need to be quiet and times when we must speak up.

And learn early to avoid writing it out. That can destroy both the writer and the receiver.

I think its important I stress, I would like scripture to support whether it's permissible to defend ourselves.. when wronged. ( and not when they attack the "God" in us or the "light" just us personally)

I'd prefer answers not based on pathos( feelings) " Of course you should, you don't deserve to be talked to like that" ...or " you shouldn't put up with that". etc.

Just scripture, real answers from the boo. Thnxs

No moment is personal I think.....

Romans 14 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Law of Liberty
14 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. 3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. 4 Who are you to judge another’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[a] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose[b] and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[c] 11 For it is written:
As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”[d]
12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.

Back