Do we need to rest?

Do we need to rest?

A few days ago it got put on my heart (I think) that I should rest, not only did it get put on my heart but was confirmed on TV not long after, it got said alot actually.
But I refused to listen to that and kept going and going and going lol.
Today I just feel so drained and tired and disconnected.
I think its because I ignored what was put on my heart by God and now I am paying for it???
Do we need to have rest, so our bodies can keep up?
LOL.
I love God, Hes my everything and I guess I was just scared of resting, hmmm.

Edit:

Sometimes I can't sleep if I eat certain things before going to bed. Then other times I just have too much on my mind or am engaged in too exciting a conversation just before going to bed.

Yes! You need rest! God created us, and he created sleep.....FOR A REASON! I struggle with insomnia. You have NO idea how much I would love to have an 8-hour sleep without waking up! But I wake up MANY times throughout a night. And that's even with sleeping pills. If i don't take sleeping pills, i'll stay up for 3 nights...straight. 72 hours of NO SLEEP WHATSOEVER!

Sleep is important. I remember one night, I had this horrrrrible nightmare. THe next night, I was terrified of going to sleep. The nightmare was pretty much an attack from the enemy itself and God allowed me to dream that dream for a reason. I don't know what the reason was. Well, the next night, I started reading Psalms. And I approach Psalm 4:8 - "In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O LORD, will keep me safe." Pretty cool, right? If sleep wasn't important, why would it be in the Bible? ;)

Well I wasn't having it I pushed to keep going and God did let me keep going BUT He knew that the last 2 weeks have been so powerful, alot of His work has been accomplished in me and He knew!, He knew that I would burn out if I didn't have a bit of rest time.
Anyway I learned the hard way to just shut up and listen LOL!
Yesterday was so bad, but starting to feel better!

Thanks for your replies, makes me feel better.

I suffer from minor insomnia, I wake up probably 5-6 times a night but I go straight back to sleep, or have a drink etc then fall asleep watching tv within 20 mins.
I can however, push myself to keep going if I want, and 'live' off 4-6 hours sleep.
But I never feel right LOL!.

Yes, resting is important. That is what the Sabbath day is for. A day of rest, because God rested on the seventh day.

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
Genesis 2:2-3

The Sabbath is our day of rest. It is a day when we rest not only ourselves our livestock, too, if we have any animals who work as well.

There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a Sabbath to the LORD.
Leviticus 23:2-4

Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all your work...
Deuteronomy 5:12-13

Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor the alien within your gates, so that your manservant and maidservant may rest, as you do. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.
Deuteronomy 5:13-15

The Sabbath day is not really a day of obligations as I was raised to believe in my old denomination, which I will not mention here. I was raised to believe if you broke the Sabbath you were going to hell (not directly, but slyly), so on and so forth. It never changed my opinion about which day the Sabbath was on, but how to conduct it. When I go to church, I want to be relaxed, rested, not emotionally wired up. That's not resting.

God also tells us (I can't find the verse right now) that, if our ox falls in a hole by accident on the Sabbath, there's nothing wrong with pulling him out.

Yes .. that would be keeping the sabbath day holy . so doing good is okay on a day of rest . it's not just resting . but keeping it holy .. or redeem the time and such .

i was thinking of trying a rotating schedule of trying each day off .. so monday one week .. tuesday another week .. wednesday and so forth .. i guess it could be developed into an absurd notion also . but if i get five weeks off in a row i might just try that just for fun .

Yes, resting is important. That is what the Sabbath day is for. A day of rest, because God rested on the seventh day.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. 18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind

Mark 2:27And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath

The sabboth is the 7th day and will always be. But this is speaking in a spiritual sense, not in a legalistic way, that we need to rest one day a week. We cannot continually abuse our body and get away with it to go constantly and not rest.

Do we need to rest?

A few days ago it got put on my heart (I think) that I should rest, not only did it get put on my heart but was confirmed on TV not long after, it got said alot actually.
But I refused to listen to that and kept going and going and going lol.
Today I just feel so drained and tired and disconnected.
I think its because I ignored what was put on my heart by God and now I am paying for it???
Do we need to have rest, so our bodies can keep up?
LOL.
I love God, Hes my everything and I guess I was just scared of resting, hmmm.

Rest is very important, because the human mind and body takes a lot of energy to function. Rest can include other things as sleep, for example, meditation, relaxing etc. I take time out and just sit and enjoy the surroundings, and I sleep at least 8 hours each night. I also take a full 24 hours off work each week to just rest up and recharge the batteries so I can face another week. Good quality sleep and rest helps to keep us healthy and energetic.

Rest is very important, because the human mind and body takes a lot of energy to function. Rest can include other things as sleep, for example, meditation, relaxing etc. I take time out and just sit and enjoy the surroundings, and I sleep at least 8 hours each night. I also take a full 24 hours off work each week to just rest up and recharge the batteries so I can face another week. Good quality sleep and rest helps to keep us healthy and energetic.

God created all things including Adam and rested for the 7th day. The land of Israel where rested after 7th years. The Lord required a Sabbath day for us to rest.

Back