Do we not immediatly descend to Heaven upon Death?

Do we not immediatly ascend to Heaven upon Death?

I haven't really ASKED any questions lately, Biblical questions for that matter. But I was kind of curious about this one when I saw an article online about it. Well, not really an article/article, but with scriptures that are supposed to show that we do not descend to Heaven upon death.

So, that's my question..

Some people say we do
Other say we don't.

I'm not trying to find the TRUE answer, because I know that not everyone has the RIGHT answer to EVERYTHING. I am just looking to clear this up maybe, to understand it better.

If you want to see the page, here it is:

Do Christians Go to Heaven When They Die? The True Christian.

P.S. - I am not going against any Statements of Faith, or anything. I just wish to have answer, y'know?

Thanks everyone,

NTG

Just some thoughts-
Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord:
2Co 5:6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, while we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
2Co 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Our spirits go to God . Our bodies await ressurection. The soul is active when the spirit is placed in the body
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

In agreement with Boanerges...

When we die, our eartly flesh returns to dust and immediately, our spirit returns to The Father who created it.

NearertoGod;

Something else to give thought to. "Time" and "Matter" are directly connected to one another.

That is according to the physical laws of the universe we are conscious of in this life.

But they do not necessaarily have to be. In my opinion, it is very likely that then we die physically, our eternal souls are no longer influenced by time as we know it in life.

Perhaps that is why death is often referred to as "Sleep"

You know how you can sleep for 8 hours, but it only seems like a few moments have passed? Death could be very much like that.

Just a thought,...

(I'll let you know for sure at a later date!) :D

Yeah. :)

NearertoGod;

Something else to give thought to. "Time" and "Matter" are directly connected to one another.

That is according to the physical laws of the universe we are conscious of in this life.

But they do not necessaarily have to be. In my opinion, it is very likely that then we die physically, our eternal souls are no longer influenced by time as we know it in life.

Perhaps that is why death is often referred to as "Sleep"

You know how you can sleep for 8 hours, but it only seems like a few moments have passed? Death could be very much like that.

Just a thought,...

(I'll let you know for sure at a later date!) :D

100 % in agreement with Larry!

I'd like to add that we are not "alive" in Heaven, but sleeping.
Watch how Stephen in Acts, before dying He said this :
Acts 7:59-60
59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

This part brought tears to my eyes the first time I read it and also anger :(

Also in Psalms David speaks about how the dead do not Praise God, and are down in silence. They have no more memory and so forth. It's found in Psalms and also Solomon says so.

In Job too I believe, I have them at home :)

God bless!

Hi NTG,

I fully agree with Boanerges.

Just a question. Why did you decide we descend to heaven rather than ascend? I am just curious. No hidden meaning to my question.

Good choice of scriptures, Bo. I am so happy to know that once dead to this world and life as we know it, I shall be present in spirit (and new body) with my Lord.

Hi NTG,

I fully agree with Boanerges.

Just a question. Why did you decide we descend to heaven rather than ascend? I am just curious. No hidden meaning to my question.

I do not know where Heaven is located. Most believe Up. In my opinion it could be either way: Up, Down, Left, or Right.

That's very true Nearer in a sense of the earth always turning but the earth does not flip upside down I think lol it only rotates, right?
By the way I read somewhere that there's a line of Stars missing in the north because that's when Satan went to attack Heaven ? and that's in the Bible I believe, and also some scientists when they look towards that position there are no stars.
I'm not sure.. an empty place. Either way that is north :p so ascending would be the proper term :p!

And you see even Jesus said that "No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven." John 3:13

hehe :p

Forgive me if I sound arrogant or something else that is not good, sis.

According to Scripture, Heaven is wherever God is...

So it could be just about in any direction or dimension that you can think of. :)

North , south, up is down to the oppsite hemisphere and such positions are relative in space. God knows where we are going.:)

Back