Do You Believe Atheists "choose" To Go To Hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't concentrate on any particular sin. It appears that homosexuality and how God feels about it that is the complaint du jour.

It isn't the sins that condemn us. It's our position before God that either condemns us or saves us.
Its been the sin du jour for quite a while.

What on Earth? Is being nice now a qualification for damnation?

You cannot change a heart with hatred, I am sorry, plenty of people have tried that approach, picketing and saying that God hates gay people (as though they are qualified to speak for God) or sending them to Gay conversion therapy and it does not work! The only way to change someones heart and mind is with the Love of Christ. If anyone comes to Love God, they will Love to do what pleases Him. Anyone who does not Love is nothing, and that is Scripture!

Interesting post my friend. It made me think of a verse that I would like to share.

When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.

So I agree with you that one can't change a heart with hatred. This verse also makes me think that one can't change a heart with persuasive words either. I think this verse shows that it takes the power of the Spirit to save people. So in my humble opinion if we want someone to be saved, we should seek God, we should pray for them, we should fast for them, and show them love. I think once we have done these things then the Holy Spirit will guide us in saying the right words that will have the power in piercing their hearts.

I don't think they choose to go to hell, if they actually knew what it'd entail... im sure they'd find anyway to believe.

But idk im a slight Calvinist.... God is God . He can do what ever He wants when ever He wants . Pharaoh heart was hardened, He told Judas it'd be better if He weren't born , and Peter that flesh and blood didn't reveal his identity but the Father.

So its not by might( pharisees..trying to keep the law) good works or whatever else.
Sometimes God choses those that are weak. .and even then he doesn't choose the weak all time. Idk all i know is that I couldn't choose God if He didn't choose to reveal himself to me...

Thts my opinion

What a very interesting place this is where I can thank a person for posting a nice, kind, gentle-hearted message, and someone thinks that is somehow worthy of a DISLIKE rating.

I'm sure that person is a really quality Christian.

Last edited:
Not for me. Only for those with an axe to grind against bible believing Christians.

You lead to much with your head and not enough with your heart E. Anyone who has truly empathized with someone who has homosexual tendencies would not say the things you say.

Also its very unfair for you to suggest that we disparage the Bible. On the contrary we apply Holy Scripture in light of how the world actually is while leading with our heart. You are applying it to how you think the world is while leading with your head.

You lead to much with your head and not enough with your heart E. Anyone who has truly empathized with someone who has homosexual tendencies would not say the things you say.

Also its very unfair for you to suggest that we disparage the Bible. On the contrary we apply Holy Scripture in light of how the world actually is while leading with our heart. You are applying it to how you think the world is while leading with your head.

You are wrong about that. My heart is what leads me, as Jesus is there---and HE tells me how to think! Stop foolishly judging and directing your posts to me. Speak to the topic.

Leading only with your heart and a worldly, compromised mindset is what gets some Christians into trouble.

What on earth are you comparing homosexuals to murderers and adulterers for? That's the sickest thing I think I've read yet. It even puts Euphemia's posts to shame.
no, its worse according to the scriptures.

You see attack the Godly and attempt to justify the wicked...(n)

I don't think they choose to go to hell, if they actually knew what it'd entail... im sure they'd find anyway to believe.

But idk im a slight Calvinist.... God is God . He can do what ever He wants when ever He wants . Pharaoh heart was hardened, He told Judas it'd be better if He weren't born , and Peter that flesh and blood didn't reveal his identity but the Father.

So its not by might( pharisees..trying to keep the law) good works or whatever else.
Sometimes God choses those that are weak. .and even then he doesn't choose the weak all time. Idk all i know is that I couldn't choose God if He didn't choose to reveal himself to me...

Thts my opinion
Well not according to this group who promotes the homosexual lifestyle, they all seem to have the common belief that hell is really just like a visit to the dentist and is not that bad at all.

no, its worse according to the scriptures.
Put your scriptures aside for a moment and tell me with all sincerity that two people loving one another consensually is worse that robbing someone of their life, or getting a person to do something against their will. Be serious. Please.

You see attack the Godly and attempt to justify the wicked...(n)
You have a very messed up sense of priorities if you believe that to be the truth. Ask yourself this question, is it Christianity you're practicing or hate?

Well not according to this group who promotes the homosexual lifestyle
Your choice of language speaks volumes there, I think. No one "promotes" a homosexual lifestyle. Those who are homosexuals I think would be content living their lives free of bullying and hatred and bigotry, never mind "promoting" anything. Even those who participate in Gay Pride parades do so as a means of standing up for themselves because of all the hatred they have endured.

Put your scriptures aside for a moment and tell me with all sincerity that two people loving one another consensually is worse that robbing someone of their life, or getting a person to do something against their will. Be serious. Please.

You have a very messed up sense of priorities if you believe that to be the truth. Ask yourself this question, is it Christianity you're practicing or hate?
Put the scriptures aside? What? who in the world says that? Sorry that's not love! no more that a child molester loves a child!
Or a man uses a prostitute....come on are you really that far from the truth?

And God makes the rules and decides these things, not you and a bunch of perverts that love their sin so much they are willing to suffer hell for their own perverted pleasures.

You are wrong about that. My heart is what leads me, as Jesus is there---and HE tells me how to think! Stop foolishly judging and directing your posts to me. Speak to the topic.

Leading only with your heart and a worldly, compromised mindset is what gets some Christians into trouble.

How is what I said foolishly judging you when you say that I have an axe to grind with the bible and a worldly mindset not?

You think yourself high and mighty and qualified to judge good and evil which takes you right back to the garden of eden.

You might think that you are leading with your heart but it is clear to everyone here that you are not. At one point people used the bible to defend slavery. Now it is universally condemned. If you want to lead gay people out of sin you do it with empathy and love not by giving citations of various mosaic laws like a Pharisee.

Your choice of language speaks volumes there, I think. No one "promotes" a homosexual lifestyle. Those who are homosexuals I think would be content living their lives free of bullying and hatred and bigotry, never mind "promoting" anything. Even those who participate in Gay Pride parades do so as a means of standing up for themselves because of all the hatred they have endured.
Of course you have and have attacked anyone who upholds Gods right to judge and that which He has had written in His Word.

Put the scriptures aside? What? who in the world says that? Sorry that's not love! no more that a child molester loves a child!
Or a man uses a prostitute....come on are you really that far from the truth?
I can't speak. I am utterly aghast that this is what you consider to be what Jesus wants from you. You put killing above consensual acts of love and justify it using your Bible. There are no words.

And God makes the rules and decides these things, not you and a bunch of perverts that love their sin so much they are willing to suffer hell for their own perverted pleasures.
The "bunch of perverts" you refer to happen to be human beings, sir. Have you not a single ounce of decency?

How is what I said foolishly judging you when you say that I have an axe to grind with the bible and a worldly mindset not?

You think yourself high and mighty and qualified to judge good and evil which takes you right back to the garden of eden.

You might think that you are leading with your heart but it is clear to everyone here that you are not. At one point people used the bible to defend slavery. Now it is universally condemned. If you want to lead gay people out of sin you do it with empathy and love not by giving citations of various mosaic laws like a Pharisee.
No! Fear is the beginning of knowledge and wisdom, not trying to approve and promote sin and making hell into a country club.

Of course you have and have attacked anyone who upholds Gods right to judge and that which He has had written in His Word.
Get it straight, buddy. I attack hatred and bigotry and stupidity. In no particular order. It doesn't matter if you justify it with a Bible or The Wizard of Oz. Yours is no kind of Christianity I've ever experienced nor do I hope to.

I can't speak. I am utterly aghast that this is what you consider to be what Jesus wants from you. You put killing above consensual acts of love and justify it using your Bible. There are no words.

The "bunch of perverts" you refer to happen to be human beings, sir. Have you not a single ounce of decency?
Again you attempt to justify the wicked and you attack the godly....you call evil what is good, and call good what is evil. YES wicked PERVERSION!

Again you attempt to justify the wicked and you attack the godly....you call evil what is good, and call good what is evil. YES wicked PERVERSION!
Don't speak to me further. Your beliefs are disgraceful and disgusting. And I'm beginning to wonder if they're even legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back