Do You Believe Atheists "choose" To Go To Hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you or did you not do the exact same thing to me first?
Standing up to hate is not a hateful act. I simply refuse to believe in a monstrous God that tortures people.

I don't believe in such a God either, and neither does anyone here. That is your concoction.

No you haven't. That's a lie, of course.
I never lie. It is, however, my opinion that you cherry-pick the Bible and use it to prop up your own beliefs and prejudices. I've seen you do it from the beginning.
Another lie. Why must you make this all about me? Can't you carry on a decent discussion without hurling insults and attacks? It's so immature. Methinks thou dost protest too much.
"However, there is a time coming where God will set aside His mercy, and the universe will experience His unrestrained wrath. Don't be an ostrich about this fact."
Gee, who said that? Unrestrained wrath? Hellfire? Nice guy, your God is. Do you need more examples of you NOT LYING? There they are, in black and white, your own words - read them and weep.
I don't really care what Bush has said. You are easily scared, it seems. Jesus Himself said:

Matthew 12:30 (NLT)
“Anyone who isn’t with me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me.

I am looking at the latter in your posts and attitude.
That doesn't mean there are no shades of gray in the Bible. You have given one single quote, I can give you probably twenty examples for every one you can give me. LOTS of gray. Lots of it.
The point is, God has bothered to inform us in His word what he finds condemnable. I greatly advise you to become familiar with His word.
I greatly advise you to worry about yourself, the rest of us will do just fine on our own without your pronouncements of God's wrath, thank you.

What is a "spirit-filled Christian"? Can't you just say Christian? It seems to me all Christians would be spirit filled.

When you say "sin and reject God," are you sure you're not using your own standards? It seems to me you've gotten so used to speaking on God's behalf, you just ascribe "God" to anything YOU don't happen to like. As the old saying goes, "You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do."
I don't know WHAT the heck you're talking about, but it sounds appalling. Are you looking FORWARD to God coming down and wiping us all out? What on earth for?
And once again, YOUR interpretation just happens to be the correct one, right? This is the problem I think you're having - you see everything in black or white terms and ignore all the different shades of grey.
I'm not interested in your opinion of me. And what I condemn is hatred and bigotry. What you condemn seems to be everything you don't like. You aren't able to disagree, you just judge, judge, judge.
I see. And all those churches who disagree with you and feel the way I do, I guess they're just wrong eh? As usual? Since you've got God on your side at all times?
That is absurd in the extreme, and easily disproven by having a simple conversation with an atheist.
The "spirit filled" crap means that you aren't on her level. This is her normal tactic. When you disagree with her you aren't "spirit filled" and probably not saved. I just figured I'd explain it and save you some time.

I never lie. It is, however, my opinion that you cherry-pick the Bible and use it to prop up your own beliefs and prejudices. I've seen you do it from the beginning.

I never lie, also. I also do not cherry-pick. I don't need to. That is what you do constantly, to support your views.

"However, there is a time coming where God will set aside His mercy, and the universe will experience His unrestrained wrath. Don't be an ostrich about this fact."
Gee, who said that? Unrestrained wrath? Hellfire? Nice guy, your God is. Do you need more examples of you NOT LYING? There they are, in black and white, your own words - read them and weep.

Where's the lie? Do you not know the word? Have you ever read it? Do you not know that God is a God of wrath as well as love and mercy?

That doesn't mean there are no shades of gray in the Bible. You have given one single quote, I can give you probably twenty examples for every one you can give me. LOTS of gray. Lots of it.
I greatly advise you to worry about yourself, the rest of us will do just fine on our own without your pronouncements of God's wrath, thank you.

God sees things in black and white. It is people who see gray.

The "spirit filled" crap means that you aren't on her level. This is her normal tactic. When you disagree with her you aren't "spirit filled" and probably not saved. I just figured I'd explain it and save you some time.

There's another attacking shot, coming up the rear. That is a false characterization. Many countless Christians have not experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit. it doesn't mean they are not saved!

Save your explanations.

There's another attacking shot, coming up the rear. That is a false characterization. Many countless Christians have not experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit. it doesn't mean they are not saved!

Save your explanations.
Say what you like. I'm just saving him the trouble of trying to pry the truth out of you for four pages.

Like I said, if someone disagrees with you your immediate response is to say that they aren't on your level.

I never lie, also. I also do not cherry-pick. I don't need to. That is what you do constantly, to support your views.
You hate homosexuals and say they will go to hell. But the Bible forbids mixing fabrics and eating shellfish too and that's totally OK with you. There's a word for that - hypocrisy. And yes, it's cherry picking.
Where's the lie? Do you not know the word? Have you ever read it? Do you not know that God is a God of wrath as well as love and mercy?
Are you for real? You just finished telling me that you never said that, and I quote your words right back at you and you have the nerve to ask where the lie is? You typed it, darling. They are your words.
God sees things in black and white. It is people who see gray.
Nonsense. Everything has gray areas - because the world has gray areas.

You hate homosexuals and say they will go to hell. But the Bible forbids mixing fabrics and eating shellfish too and that's totally OK with you. There's a word for that - hypocrisy. And yes, it's cherry picking.
Nonsense. I hate no one. It is obvious you do not know or understand God's word or God's laws or dispensations.

Are you for real? You just finished telling me that you never said that, and I quote your words right back at you and you have the nerve to ask where the lie is? You typed it, darling. They are your words.

What words?

Nonsense. Everything has gray areas - because the world has gray areas.

The Kingdom of God hasn't any gray.

That's disgusting and mean-spirited. I am not withholding the truth of God's word here.

Garbage.

What's disgusting? I'm sure I could go and find many other threads where you've done this.

It's not garbage. You've made it clear that no Spirit filled christian disagrees with you. It's been said many times.

What's disgusting?

What's disgusting is your chiming in denigrating me and further derailing the topic? Does it make you feel better or something? Is it for your personal entertainment? Can't you see how PeaceLikeaRiver is on the attack and is hostile to God's word?

I'm sure I could go and find many other threads where you've done this.

Done what?

It's not garbage. You've made it clear that no Spirit filled christian disagrees with you. It's been said many times.

Spirit-filled and Spirit-led Christians don't disagree on much, and that's for sure. Where there may be some disagreement, it is not over anything crucial to salvation.

Last edited:
Done what?

Spirit-filled and Spirit-led Christians don't disagree on much, and that's for sure. Where there may be some disagreement, it is not over anything crucial to salvation.

Said that people that disagree with you are not Spirit filled.

That is your opinion on who is spirit filled and who is not. Only God knows the heart so don't pretend you do.

Nothing on this thread is crucial to Salvation.

Said that people that disagree with you are not Spirit filled.

Many people who disagree about spiritual matters on Christian forums in general are unaware of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Lots of disagreements over certain spiritual truths come down to that point.

That is your opinion on who is spirit filled and who is not. Only God knows the heart so don't pretend you do.

Those who have experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit step up and say so.

Nothing on this thread is crucial to Salvation.

The understanding that God will not condemn sinners can be very crucial to one's salvation, because one can believe that and never repent of his sin because he denies that there will be a Day of God's wrath against sinners. That is crucial to one's receiving the gospel message and receiving salvation, having had the Holy Spirit's conviction that he is a sinner in dire need of a Saviour.

Many people who disagree about spiritual matters on Christian forums in general are unaware of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Lots of disagreements over certain spiritual truths come down to that point.

Those who have experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit step up and say so.

The understanding that God will not condemn sinners can be very crucial to one's salvation, because one can believe that and never repent of his sin because he denies that there will be a Day of God's wrath against sinners. That is crucial to one's receiving the gospel message and receiving salvation, having had the Holy Spirit's conviction that he is a sinner in dire need of a Saviour.

Again, you think you are superior.

Believing that Jesus died for your sins and living accordingly makes you a Christian. You can believe that there is no hell and be a Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back