Do you believe in HELL?

So God destroyed all the evil men of Noah's time, but in the process saved not only righteous Noah's family and the various dumb beasts, but also let on some half-demons? That doesn't even begin to make sense from the text. Wouldn't that have defeated the whole purpose of the flood? I ask this rhetorically, of course.

Whenever I make baked beans, it is necessary to stir the pot on occasion to keep them from burning. If they are stirred up too much, however, they just turn into an unpalatable mush. Fearing that possibility, this constitutes my only contribution to this thread. That's what happens when you come late to the party.
biggrin.gif

Seeing how my Lord and Saviour Yahshua being called "tree of life, Rock, the Word, Light, Christ, etc..."

Seeing how Satan is being called "man of sin, Death, tree of knowledge of good & evil, serpent, dragon, Anti-Christ, King/Prince of Tyrus/Tyre, Wicked etc..."

The bible can obviously refer to people as "trees, beasts, creature etc..."

So no it does not ruin the whole purpose of the flood.

Much love to you, Jag

Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour.

Good morning everyone

Good morning everyone,

Don't have time for much right now...I'm leaving shortly...

Yes, I don't recall certain things I've studied in the past so could you enlightened me, Please?

Could you give verses where .....

JAG

Seeing how Satan is being called "man of sin, Death, tree of knowledge of good & evil, serpent, dragon, Anti-Christ, King/Prince of Tyrus/Tyre, Wicked etc..."

these are mentioned?

I remember about serpent, dragon, anti-Christ, Prince of Tyrus, so I need "Tree of the Knowledge of Good and evil"

and man of sin... Thank You Jag...:)

Please refer to Luke 16:19-31 (KJV) or Luke 16:19-31 (NLT) to go over the Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man.

Remember that Luke was a medical doctor and his texts are very technical and precise. In the KJV text, the word "GULF" and in the NLT text, the word "CHASM" both refer to the two sides of paradise (Heaven):

The 'Wrong' side of the Gulf is where the souls go at their earthly flesh death who have not been taught about Christ OR decided, while on earth, to abandon or reject Christ.

The 'Good' side of the Gulf is where God's elect and ALL those souls who accepted Christ while on earth are, with Christ, awaiting the Seventh Trump - the time that the Millenium starts; a time of teaching to those on the 'wrong' side of the Gulf so they, too, may still decide to accept Christ's teachings and have salvation.

Remember, 2 Corinthians 5:8 (KJV) says, "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." Our souls are not with our decaying bodies burried out in a hole in the ground. At our earthly death, our soul returns immediately to the Father, while our earthly 'shell' returns to dust. We can also look at Ecclesiastes 12:6-7 (KJV) < click for text.

These scriptures tell us that we all go to one side of Paradise or the other and await the millenium, after which, those on the wrong side of the Gulf will once again have the opportunity to follow Satan or Christ. If they follow Satan, they will follow him right into the Lake of Fire - the second death: the death of the soul.

Hell, as described in folk lore, does not yet exist. It will be created at the very end of the millenium period and is refered to in scripture as The Lake of Fire in several places in the Book of Revelation... and YES, everyone should believe in Hell because it will be the place of death for the soul for all non believers.

Absolutely correct!!! Amen brother!!!

I agree with gary except for one part. We dont get a second chance. the only people who come back to earth with Jesus are the saints. The believers, the bride of Christ, the Church. Then there is a 1000 year reign of Christ. The people that will be deceived will be the ones that are still alive here on earth. Not the Saints themselves or the damned. This would include Gods people, the Jews/Hebrews. They will get a chance to actually worship their Messiah. he has a special place in his heart for the Jews.

Actually, Gary was right on, we do get a second chance.

What happen to people who never heard of Christ before in their flesh life?

Jag

Everyone is judged accordingly. We are have a sense of right and wrong inside us. Everyone at some point in their life has the sense of a higher power and the desire to do good. That is God speaking to us, even without knowing Him.

Jag, Ezekiel 13:20 - is not talking about rapture or non rapture.
The flying away in this chapter is figuratively speaking and the entire chapter is about false teaching!

You are right. My husband is very big on Ezekiel, he's been studying it for years, and he said the same thing.

Then why is it that I hear some people on the internet (not on this forum) that people says that, "we don't have to worry about it, we don't need to read Revelation or any other books in the bible, we will fly with Christ anyway"

Yes I did hear that at least a few times on the net whatsoever.

From my understanding when I hear that is meant to try to make me vulnerable. Anyway...it feels like we are going nowhere...

Jag

I believe we will fly away with Christ but the rapture will not be pre-trib like a lot of people think. It will be after Satan comes. Not post-trib but somewhere in the middle.

Whether a person believes in the rapture of not, will it affect their Salvation or Relationship with Abba?

I don't think it will. Everyone reads and interprets the Bible differently and by God's will. He knows this. That's why so many people are not following Christ. If everyone knew what every part of the Bible meant then why would God have appointed teachers (pastors, ministers, etc.)?

Satan is a fallen archangel, not a snake. There is no snake talking to Eve...

Jag

Satan was indeed a snake. He takes many forms and in that scenario he was a snake so as to easily get access to Eve while she was alone .

I dont know what you have been reading, but that is not biblical at all. It does not say that. It says Noah, his wife, his three sons and their wives. It mentions NOTHING about any other people on the Ark. also, Jesus is not talking about satans actual children. He is talking about evil people in general. for example. I debate with Atheists all of the time, they dont understand the scriptures like I do AT ALL!! They do not claim god as their father therfore they do not listen to god, they listen to satan who has things like evolution and gnostic gospels to lead people astray

There were no other people on the Ark. Noah and his wife were the representatives for the human race (male and female) There were only one set for each species. (one male cow, one female cow, one male pig, one female pig, etc.)

First, they are some offspring that the Devil had. Hence with Eve (Genesis 3:13, II Corinthians 11:3) and the sons of God (fallen angels) took the daughters of men (human) as wives and had sex with them and had giants. (Genesis 6:2) Hence the reason for that flood.

Jag

I don't think Satan actually impregnated Eve. The sinfulness of mankind came because of her action of disobeying God. God told her not to eat from the tree. If that was the case then did Adam have sex with Satan also? (He ate the apple too) The sinfulness did not come because Satan is bred into us.

OK now, after saying all this I would like to point out that the problem here seems to be that some people like to interpret the scriptures out of context. The scriptures are literal. Aside from the language translation differences, everything means exactly what it says. God does not use trickery with words. He is not trying to confuse us. The Bible is not up for anyone's private interpretation. God laid it out plain and simple for us and by trying to skew His words to mean what you think they mean, or should mean, we are just confusing ourselves and others.

Love_Mercy: Just a note. Those who are on the 'wrong' side of the Gulf didn't have much of a FIRST chance; with not being taught God's truth or just plain failing to take an interest. There are no SECOND chances, but for those who are ignorant of Jesus Christ and His message, they will have --- A--- chance to accept Him during the millenium after they are taught His Gospel.

All those who have made up their minds to still follow Satan after the 1000 years of teaching, will not have much to look forward to except a one way trek into The Lake of Fire.

May God bless.

Love_Mercy: Just a note. Those who are on the 'wrong' side of the Gulf didn't have much of a FIRST chance; with not being taught God's truth or just plain failing to take an interest. There are no SECOND chances, but for those who are ignorant of Jesus Christ and His message, they will have --- A--- chance to accept Him during the millenium after they are taught His Gospel.

All those who have made up their minds to still follow Satan after the 1000 years of teaching, will not have much to look forward to except a one way trek into The Lake of Fire.

May God bless.

Thanks Pastor Gary, that is what I meant by the second chance. Our first chance is the here and now and the second chance is the one you speak of. :shepherd:

Satan is a fallen archangel, not a snake. There is no snake talking to Eve...

Jag

Satan was indeed a snake. He takes many forms and in that scenario he was a snake so as to easily get access to Eve while she was alone .

Dear Love_Mercy

Dinfination of a serpent: a wily, treacherous, or malicious person.

Ezekiel 28:12 - Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

Ezekiel 28:13 - Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Ezekiel 28:14 - Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

Ezekiel 28:15 - Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

First, they are some offspring that the Devil had. Hence with Eve (Genesis 3:13, II Corinthians 11:3) and the sons of God (fallen angels) took the daughters of men (human) as wives and had sex with them and had giants. (Genesis 6:2) Hence the reason for that flood.

Jag

I don't think Satan actually impregnated Eve. The sinfulness of mankind came because of her action of disobeying God. God told her not to eat from the tree. If that was the case then did Adam have sex with Satan also? (He ate the apple too) The sinfulness did not come because Satan is bred into us.

From what the bible says, and from what Adam had too...It is a very strong possibility that Adam comitted a homosexuality act or a threesome...Will I know in this flesh? Most likely not... But I know of Eve though.

OK now, after saying all this I would like to point out that the problem here seems to be that some people like to interpret the scriptures out of context. The scriptures are literal. Aside from the language translation differences, everything means exactly what it says. God does not use trickery with words. He is not trying to confuse us. The Bible is not up for anyone's private interpretation. God laid it out plain and simple for us and by trying to skew His words to mean what you think they mean, or should mean, we are just confusing ourselves and others.

So you are saying that my Saviour is a tree?

Good morning everyone,

Don't have time for much right now...I'm leaving shortly...

Yes, I don't recall certain things I've studied in the past so could you enlightened me, Please?

Could you give verses where .....

JAG

these are mentioned?

I remember about serpent, dragon, anti-Christ, Prince of Tyrus, so I need "Tree of the Knowledge of Good and evil"

and man of sin... Thank You Jag...:)

Dear Beloved

Tree of knowledge of good & evil = Genesis 2:9, Genesis 2:17 (Those are the only two places where that title is at)

man of sin = II Thessalonians 2:3

Much love to all of you...from Jag

Curious about this subject.

I don't like stirring up debates or arguments so let's not let that happen.
On the same hand, we, as Followers of Christ must discuss all important issues of the Bible.
The Truth is to be shared!

Getting back to the subject of hell. The scriptures do indicate such a place. However I do not think it is a physical place of torment. I'm not aware that spiritual beings, for example, are subject to heat. Jesus is loving and very simple he always explains things so we can understand.

I think the Lord is trying to explain what it is like in the spiritual dimension. He is telling us that to be separated and isolated from God in the spiritual realm is like being in a fire in the physical realm. The pain is spiritual and not physical.

What causes so much suffering? The greatest thing has to be the knowledge that your present state is forever. It may be because you are in total darkness. It may be because you cannot interface with matter because you have no body - like the Christians will someday have. I don't know the details. It may be because of the company you are with.

The Lord is trying to communicate to us by analogy from our present state of reference about another dimension that we know nothing about. I think if you were to experience the real hell - you would say thet Jesus' analogy was very apprapos.

>

the bottom line?perfect example of what you mean,but we get used by the spirit.the high line is this will become high lighted.

I am coming into this one late and haven't finished reading everyones posts but I would like to say this; Jesus talked about hell more than any other person in the bible. If I believe Him and His Word I must beieve hell exists.
I also believe Him to be faithful and true, I know He was willing to pay the price for all and whosever does not take advantage of His generous offer has only themselves to blame.

The Doctrine of Hell in more than a &quot;word bite.&quot;

[FONT=&quot]I always find it interesting that one can decide the doctrine of “hell” in one or two verses and is “rarely” in the context of the cross: [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]When the Bible speaks of "everlasting life" and "everlasting punishment" we are taught from these texts that the punishment of the wicked is to last as long as does the reward of the righteous. But it does not intimate in these verses what the punishment shall be.

Now what does the Bible say punishment is? "The wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life to Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23). "And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from Heaven ... in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, ... who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord" (2 Thess. 1:7-9).

What will be the result of this fire? “For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.” “And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts (Mal. 4:1, 3). So we see that this “eternal fire,” into which the wicked are to go, such as fell upon the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, will turn into ashes.

What then do we do with this? "Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched". Mark 9:43, 44; also verses 45-48. If we believe that the Scripture is inspired by the Holy Spirit then the Bible is harmonious and does not contradict itself. I still hold that the wicked are to become ashes, and cease to be according to scripture previously quoted. In the book of Jeremiah the Lord, through His prophets warned of breaking the Sabbath. " But,” said he, “if ye will not hearken unto me to hallow the Sabbath day, ... then will I kindle a fire in the gates thereof, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem, and it shall not be quenched" (Jer. 17:27).

The palaces were burned, and the vessels were destroyed (2 Chron. 36:15-21). Is the fire burning yet?

What did we read in Mal. what the fate of the wicked shall be? “They shall be ashes under the soles of your feet.” This cannot be accomplished if the fire is quenched, so they will be totally consumed. But this result cannot be accomplished if the fire they are to be cast into is quenched. The fact that the fire won't be quenched is the fullest proof that they will be totally consumed. John the Baptist said, "Whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire" (Matt. 3:12).

An author and preacher of righteousness wrote over a century ago:

"How repugnant to every emotion of love and mercy, and even to our sense of justice, is the doctrine that the wicked dead are tormented with fire and brimstone in an eternally burning hell; that for the sins of a brief earthly life they are to suffer torture as long as God shall live. Yet this doctrine has been widely taught and is still embodied in many of the creeds of Christendom.
...What would be gained to God should we admit that He delights in witnessing unceasing tortures; that He is regaled with the groans and shrieks and imprecations of the suffering creatures whom He holds in the flames of hell? Can these horrid sounds be music in the ear of Infinite Love? It is urged that the infliction of endless misery upon the wicked would show God's hatred of sin as an evil which is ruinous to the peace and order of the universe. Oh, dreadful blasphemy! As if God's hatred of sin is the reason why it is perpetuated. ... The appalling views of God which have spread over the world from the teachings of the pulpit have made thousands, yes, millions, of skeptics and infidels." End Quote

There is no question that the God of the universe will eradicate sin from the universe. To eradicate sin must be the extermination of the wicked, for they have chosen the hard road and not the easy. (See Matt. 11:28-30). The scriptures inform us, "The sting of death is sin." Therefore "there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And He that sat upon the throne said, 'Behold, I make all things new. And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful'" (Rev. 21:4, 5).

Part 1

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]John

[/FONT]

Part 2

[FONT=&quot]The most famous verse burst into my head, John 3:16, those accepting Christ receive eternal life; all others perish. That is, they will be blotted from existence. We'll investigate more, since the Bible commands, "line upon line; here a little, there a little;" closing with Rev. 14:11.

"I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. . . . I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more ."Eze. 28: 16-19.

Says the prophet Obadiah, in speaking of those rejecting Christ, "They shall be as though they had not been" (Obadiah 16). And the psalmist adds, "Yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be." Ps. 37:10.

The agent for the second death (Rev. 20:6,14) is fire--"everlasting fire." It was “eternal fire†that destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah (Jude 7), by means of “unquenchable fire†the walls and palaces of Jerusalem were devoured. Jer. 17:27; 2 Chron. 36:18-21. When fire is unquenchable that “eternal fire†that fell upon the cities of the plain turned them to ashes (2 Peter 2:6).

The wicked will be like chaff and stubble. When cast into unquenchable fire, they will be burned up and be ashes (Matt. 3:13; Mal. 4:1,3).

Rev. 14:11 ... “the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever,†... The following verses will give us some insight.

Mark 3:8--"Jerusalem and Idumea ... a great multitude from Galilee followed Him, ..."

In Isa. 34:9, 10; referring to Idumea, “And the streams thereof shall be turned into pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch. It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever; from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.â€

The prophet continues to the close of the chapter and then in Isa. 35:1,2--“The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the Lord, and the excellency of our God.â€

These words are the land of the preceding chapter which say, "the smoke thereof shall go up for ever;" ... There does come a time when the smoke does cease.

The texts in Isa. have a direct bearing on the meaning of Rev. 14:11. The time when the smoke will ascend for ever, is “the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompenses for the controversy of Zion†(Isa. 34:8), and also the time when “the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations†(verse 2). there will come a time when the smoke of the torment of the rebellious ones will cease; and the statement that it will ascend for ever and ever, means, as the other verses cited, that it will ascend continuously, as long as there is any wicked in existence.

The statement that “they have no rest day nor night,†implies it won't be a few minutes or hours, but days and nights. They will suffer anguish for a long time, but eventually they will be terminated. ... “for the wages of sin is death;†“sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.†If we insist that the torment of the wicked never stop then the preceeding texts have no meaning. No "rest day nor night[?]" -- "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works" (Matt. 24:27). A punishment that is "everlasting destruction."

In conclusion, regarding Rev. 14:9, 10. "If anyone worships the beast and his image ... he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God... poured out full strength in the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire ... in the presence of the Lamb." [Note: "the wine" is false doctrine or (teaching). Another time for that subject].

What will be the result of drinking this cup? “Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you. And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; ye shall certainly drink". ... (Jer. 25: 27-29).

The case settled--“For the day of the Lord is near upon all the heathen; as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee; thy reward shall return upon thine own head. For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been" (Obadiah 15, 16).

But let it ever be remembered, God is merciful and "desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Tim. 2:4).
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]John

[/FONT]

Part 3--Immortality belongs to God alone

[FONT=&quot]I believe we all would agree when sharing the doctrine of the fate of unrepentant sinners, this is not for the purpose of frightening us into being good, nor should we revel over their doom. God's love is not "fright." Some may come to the Lord for the purpose of escaping hell, but none will maintain such a fleshly view if they allow the Spirit to work (love, joy, peace...). "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment" (1 John 4:18a). "The fear of the Lord is the is the beginning of wisdom" not the end; because "he who fears has not been made perfect in love" (1 Jn 4:18b; Prov. 9:10).

The destiny of the wicked is actually for our comfort! What comfort can that possibly be? It shows how completely God is going to destroy sin. Do we not "groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body[?]" Rom. 8:23. Sinners will be destroyed only because they love sin and death (Prov. 8:36). They will be destroyed by the glory of the Lord's presence, that same glory will also destroy all sin for all eternity. Now that is a blessed revelation.

It is true that Revelation 14:11 can be a difficult verse to understand. Certainly there are nuances in the passage that none of us completely comprehend. That would be foolishness! "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isa. 55:9).

Perhaps the difficulty with Rev. 14:11 can be a misconception of the nature of man. The Bible declares, "the soul who sins shall die" (Eze. 18:29). Nowhere in the Bible is the statement made that man is immortal (undying), except in Gen. 3:4, and that statement was made by Satan, the father of lies. The Bible plainly states that God "alone has immortality" (2 Tim. 6:16). The only way that man can obtain it is by receiving the "gift of God" "through Jesus Christ our Lord," and that will be given to the righteous "at the last trumpet ... and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. ... and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass ... Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your sting?" 1 Cor. 15:53-58.

The Bible makes no declaration that the wicked will obtain "immortality."

Why? Because "the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs; they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.†Ps. 37:20. The prophet Nahum also says of the wicked: “For while they be folden together as thorns, and while they are drunken as drunkards, they shall be devoured as stubble fully dry†(Nahum 1:10) And ... “They shall be as though they had not been" (Obadiah 16).

Some great men of God have taught unceasing torment; but the light on the subject had not, or has not come to them. We are responsible only for the light which has been shown to us. "I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely." Revelation 21:6. As we gain new treasures of (true) knowledge, there are clearer and clearer conceptions of the unfailing love of God.

"If anyone wills to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory..." (John 7:17,18).

blessings in Christ,
John

[/FONT]

Good Morning everyone, :israel: i love these threads ...it gets me flipping through my Fathers Word searching for the scriptures that come to mind, but I don't know where they are ... :) The below is AbbAs Word regarding your statement LOVE_MERCY...

And A KJV to JAG:)

Originally Posted by thesuperjag
What happen to people who never heard of Christ before in their flesh life?

Jag

Love-_ Mercy
Everyone is judged accordingly. We are have a sense of right and wrong inside us. Everyone at some point in their life has the sense of a higher power and the desire to do good. That is God speaking to us, even without knowing Him.

Romans 1:18 KJV

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Good morning everyone

May God bless.

I just have this to add...'

19There was a certain rich man who [habitually] clothed himself in purple and fine linen and [m]reveled and feasted and made merry in splendor every day.

20And at his gate there [n]was [carelessly] dropped down and left a certain [o]utterly destitute man named Lazarus, [reduced to begging alms and] covered with [[p]ulcerated] sores.
21He [eagerly] desired to be satisfied with what fell from the rich man's table; moreover, the dogs even came and licked his sores.
22And it occurred that the man [reduced to] begging died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.
23And in Hades (the realm of the dead), being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far away, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24And he cried out and said, Father Abraham, have pity and mercy on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.
25But Abraham said, Child, remember that you in your lifetime fully received [what is due you in] comforts and delights, and Lazarus in like manner the discomforts and distresses; but now he is comforted here and you are in anguish.

26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who want to pass from this [place] to you may not be able, and no one may pass from there to us.

27And [the man] said, Then, father, I beseech you to send him to my father's house--

28For I have five brothers--so that he may give [solemn] testimony and warn them, lest they too come into this place of torment.

29 But Abraham said, They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear and listen to them.

30 But he answered, No, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent ([q]change their minds for the better and heartily amend their ways, with abhorrence of their past sins). 31He said to him,

If they do not hear and listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded and convinced and believe [even] if someone should rise from the dead.

I don't know about a second chance... never research it... But I believe in these Words.

Back