Do you feel like God is ignoring you?

well, we have the helicopters but are a little short on parents.
well there are lots of orphans in Vietnam I know
I watched Noble.
It think most of them (the parents) died in the war.

I can understand how parents may want to over protect and shelter their children, but they can't be there 24/7 and children do actually grow and learn to fend for themselves it's part of growing up. If never given the opportunity, they will remain untested in their faith..but you cannot put off the trial and tribulations forever. They come to everyone. It's how we know our faith is real.

1 Peter 3:7 Husbands, likewise, dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers may not be hindered.

1 Peter 3:10 For “He who would love life
And see good days,
Let him refrain his tongue from evil,
And his lips from speaking deceit.
11 Let him turn away from evil and do good;
Let him seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their prayers;
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

hmm so, if you are a husband, and you aren't giving honor to your wife, your prayers may be hindered...

Interesting....

I would think if the wife was feeling dishonored, she would talk to God about her husband, and he would then be in the dogbox for a while with God.

hmm so, if you are a husband, and you aren't giving honor to your wife, your prayers may be hindered...

Interesting....

I would think if the wife was feeling dishonored, she would talk to God about her husband, and he would then be in the dogbox for a while with God.
Dogbox? Here in the USA our dogs live in a house, not a box a.k.a. doghouse. lol

I read in Revelation that God wouldn't allow dogs in His kingdom..for some reason, He's not too fond of them. Well if the streets are paved with gold, where are the dogs going to do their business...?

for your edification

dog box​

Also found in: Encyclopedia.

dog box​

n
1. (Railways) informal Austral a compartment in a railway carriage with no corridor
2. informal NZ disgrace; disfavour (in the phrase in the dog box)

God doesn't ignore me..

But I think people do. Or maybe I ignore them. Especially telemarketers. No nothing is wrong with my computer!

possums - native to australia
opposums - native to america?

What to Know
Both possum and opossum correctly refer to the Virginia opossum frequently seen in North America. In common use, possum is the usual term; in technical or scientific contexts opossum is preferred. Opossum can be pronounced with its first syllable either voiced or silent.

opossum-in-tree

So cute. So many teeth.

Ranging from southern Canada all the way to northern Costa Rica, the Virginia opossum (Didelphis virginiana, if we want to get technical) is the only marsupial found north of Mexico. Most English speakers who encounter the creature drop the Virginia and refer to it simply as an opossum. Except that's not quite right, because most of us call it a possum. Hmm.
********Redact************

Australian Possums​

But there's more to this story. So far, we've only addressed the fact that the Virginia opossum, a marsupial that makes its home in large swaths of North America, is referred to with both possum and opossum. But there's another group of marsupials out there in the world that is also referred to with both terms. Yes, the chiefly arboreal marsupial mammals of Australia and New Guinea are referred to by those who live there as possums, or sometimes opossums. In this case, getting technical about things can help: the term phalanger accurately refers to these creature of Australia, Tasmania, New Guinea, and islands west to Celebes and east to the Solomons.
The fact of there being these other Australasian marsupials (which got the name because they resemble the Virginia opossum) means that there are some people who assert that the two terms are only properly applied as distinguishing terms: they will tell you that the Australasian marsupials are only properly called "possums," and that the creature in your American backyard is only properly called an "opossum." (Note that there are other American marsupials, other than the Virginia opossum but also of the Didelphidae family, and they too are called both possums and opossums, with the latter being the prescribed name.)

Last edited:
I suppose this is where the Latin comes in handy.

Interesting, its commonly thought that marsupials are only found in Australia, but America has them too. I always thought scientists restricting species to certain landmasses was fraught. People forget that animals AND plants CAN move. And adapt to different areas and climates.

If they do genome testing they can figure out if its a distinct species or kind or if they are related.

I suppose this is where the Latin comes in handy.

Interesting, its commonly thought that marsupials are only found in Australia, but America has them too. I always thought scientists restricting species to certain landmasses was fraught. People forget that animals AND plants CAN move. And adapt to different areas and climates.

If they do genome testing they can figure out if its a distinct species or kind or if they are related.
Australia seems to have some pretty strange animals like this Australian Cassowary

Australian Southern Cassowary.jpg

I wonder what role the Flood may have had on it's differences.

Back